the Rift

[PRIVATE] Bitter Victory, Bitter Defeat

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil
As soon as the words left her mouth, she knew it was a mistake. She ought to have turned tail and ran, but no - like an idiot, she had run straight for an unknown stallion, and she no longer had a weapon with which to defend herself. Hooves and teeth were well enough, she supposed, but she had grown up with a dependence on her horn and now... now she wasn't sure she would ever be able to fight again. Not, she remembered with a wince, that she was any good at it anyway, but there you are; the memory resurfaced again of the black skyrat's hoof flying toward her face, the quick duck that had brought her crown into range of the blow, and again the shame and anguish bubbled up in her chest. Some failures, it would seem, are just meant to be relived over and over, much to the dismay of their perpetrators.

And yet she continued onward, toward the dark stallion that wandered alone through the mists of the marsh. As she grew closer, she imagined that she saw recognition in his eyes, though she was sure that she had never met the steed before. A small part of her raised a red flag of warning, but the vast majority of her being was content to continue wallowing in self-pity, effectively drowning out the more logical processes. She came to a halt before him, and his response cut through the night, a short, cool answer to her ridiculous request for company (although really, it would be rather short lived company if she managed to request her own demise as she had originally intended).

"I..." she hesitated briefly, shifting her weight uneasily from side to side. Did she really want to die? Would it really be easier to simply allow death to overcome her, to take her into that unknown afterlife? What of Heaven and Hell? What of the Gods? Would they welcome her into an eternal glory, or would they sentence her to eternal punishment? Worse, what if she simply faded away to nothing at all, never to be remembered, whether fondly or fearfully? Had her body been physically capable of such a feat, a blush would have mantled her cheeks; as it were, she cast her gaze downward in an uncharacteristic display of uncertainty. She swallowed hard. "I was going to ask you to kill me," she admitted softly. "But now I think I'd rather not."

"Talk talk talk."

Image Credit

[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Messages In This Thread
Bitter Victory, Bitter Defeat - by Lace - 09-29-2013, 08:07 PM
RE: Bitter Victory, Bitter Defeat - by Psyche - 10-06-2013, 06:53 PM
RE: Bitter Victory, Bitter Defeat - by Lace - 10-06-2013, 07:12 PM
RE: Bitter Victory, Bitter Defeat - by Psyche - 10-15-2013, 10:59 PM
RE: Bitter Victory, Bitter Defeat - by Lace - 11-02-2013, 06:02 PM
RE: Bitter Victory, Bitter Defeat - by Psyche - 11-19-2013, 04:04 PM
RE: Bitter Victory, Bitter Defeat - by Lace - 11-19-2013, 04:39 PM
RE: Bitter Victory, Bitter Defeat - by Psyche - 11-22-2013, 05:47 PM
RE: Bitter Victory, Bitter Defeat - by Lace - 11-23-2013, 05:11 PM
RE: Bitter Victory, Bitter Defeat - by Psyche - 12-07-2013, 06:20 PM
RE: Bitter Victory, Bitter Defeat - by Lace - 01-09-2014, 11:52 AM