the Rift

[PRIVATE] Bitter Victory, Bitter Defeat

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

It wasn't that Lace trusted her. It wasn't even that he was all that comfortable standing where he was, chatting away with someone who most would consider a nemesis. He certainly hadn't forgotten the names of those dead and gone by the doing of unicorns while this mare sat on the throne - that was probably the one thing he would have to hold against her no matter what he said to comfort her (which, by the way, was a very strange thing to do, now wasn't it). But, contrary to her belief and to his own surprise the question hadn't been asked to gather intelligence on an enemy. It had rather been an unconscious move to sate his own curiosity and, as the names of the new leaders rolled off her tongue, he realized that he had been wanting to exclude a horrible possibility.

Alas, the name of the Reaper was uttered and Lace felt a shudder of foreboding run down the spine. He couldn't even tell himself what it was about that stallion that scared him so much - purely aside from how he reeked of death and destroyed life wherever he went - but ever since the fight they'd had, the thought of that storm-gray unicorn made a mixture of wrath and terror rise like bile to fret on the tongue.

"Him, eh..." the grullo murmured mostly to himself, unable to mask the unease he felt. "I don't know about you, but I really don't like that horse." The smile had faded and as he looked over at the black mare this time there was concern gleaming behind the amber of his eyes. "I know he was your general and all, but... " this time the shudder was visible, spreading from skin to the neck to the tail and had him shake the head with a sharp snort as though it would be possible to shrug off that creeping sensation.

"Are you really going to just stand by and let him take over?" Suddenly his voice sounded annoyed, and Lace was surprised at his own anger as he thought about Psyche's story. "You're satisfied with being ousted like this?"

"As for forgiveness... Your subjects are responsible for the deaths of two of my best friends" he said, unable to hold back his thoughts any longer, "yet here I am, talking to you instead of taking revenge. Why? Because as much as I would love shoving all the blame on you I know that you weren't the ones who killed them. If your politics had been different you might have been able to stop them - but then again you might not have. Taking out empty revenge on you would be pointless, my family won't come back even if I did, so rather than dwell on it I'm going to forgive and move on. That is not to say that I will ever forget, however, because I won't."

The stallion somehow managed to keep the voice calm despite the emotions that raged within as he spoke, holding the head high and gaze locked with hers. "Don't give up" he repeated. "Many might not have the heart to forgive, but there are plenty out there who at least will give you a chance to repent. I was saved by one of them; I'm sure you will find someone too."

ooc: whoop, sudden rant xD

Dim vales- and shadowy floods-
And cloudy-looking woods,
Whose forms we can't discover
For the tears that drip all over!
Huge moons there wax and wane-
Again- again- again-
- bg - table - image -
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden