the Rift

[OPEN] It's Been Real

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

Midas is gone.

Cera had no idea where he was, or why he had gone so suddenly, but he missed him. He had been abandoned, again. This time, it stung far worse. He tried not to think about it, tried to keep busy, but...he was still just a kid. Tonight, today, whatever it was, he had returned from an encounter with Mystique. Still unsure of how to feel, what to think, his aerodynamic appendages had embraced the fickle wind and taken him slowly home. The air was sweet, but stale as it kissed his nostrils, and if he closed his eyes and let himself go well...nobody was there to judge him. And if he let himself drop limply from the sky, Ilaria curled upon his shoulders trustingly, nobody could call him suicidal, or strange. He was alone in a world that had been occupied by only his father for so long. What was he going to do now?

How was it that someone so kind and outgoing, would end up friendless and alone? Where had he gone wrong, all this time? Was it his attachment to his father? Had he not been independent enough? Had it been the lack of a female figure in his life?

Hush, comes a familiar, feminine voice inside his head. No, it's more than that. The word resonates in a way that is more than intrusive. It's almost like he thinks it too, and it's...comforting. Ilaria cooed gently to him, fluffy tail swaying in a comforting, purposeful caress against his shoulder. The crimson sands of his home glow in the light of the pillar that has been their only hope all this time. Everything is silent, still. Aside from the push of his wings and the soft breaths that blow back in a crisp warm-cold hybrid, there is nothing else. Complete...all-consuming...silence.

The world is lonely, and so is he.

The magnolia tree is well within his sights, where he had left Roskuld last- the girl he and Gaucho had found injured within their borders, and who he had pledged to protect and care for despite her objections- when a glint of movement catches his eye. Frowning, he doesn't even think twice before he shoves his left shoulder towards the earth and snaps his wings close, falling in a tight spiral towards the sand below. He lands with a sharp thud, legs aching, but he is already advancing with wings raised as high and far as he can. All he knows is that Roskuld is moving, leaving the safety of the tree, and somebody is approaching her whom he can't make out. A snarl is on his face, Ilaria bristling on his shoulder, and he charges the person who is coming close to Roskuld.

His forelegs lift high in a promise of strike a few lengths before he reaches the unknown figure, only to realize it was no intruder, but a Throat citizen. Stopping, he calmed his angered breathing, and stared at her with a puzzled and sheepish face. When it really hit him, finally took hold, the apologetic face of realizing it was a normal Throat inhabitant changed to realizing it was really Onni. Onni, the only person aside from his father he actually knew, actually loved. The one who had saved his life as a child, the only female he could trust to give him solid advice and whom he looked to when in need of a mother. "Onni," he breathed, and his face crumbles into the weakest it has ever been. Lost, helpless. He hasn't seen his father in countless nights, the only person he has left is standing nearby, and he has only known her for a short while. He's still just a kid. He can't do this alone. Just a kid...

His muzzle reaches for her, craving her touch, but he's hesitant and his lips dither with uncertainty. Finally he turns his head away, Ilaria cooing in distress on his shoulders, and wonders if she reached out to him too. If he meant anything to her, as she did to him.

He turns emerald eyes to Roskuld then, and he moves towards her, Ilaria peering over his shoulder to chirp at her in recognition. "Roskuld...are you okay?" Worry is coating every syllable, wanting to know why she is not waiting for him, if she was even waiting at all. Selfishly he hopes she was, because even if she may not like him, she is his only friend. A destructive friendship gave him reason to live. Loneliness did not.

---
That was literally the WORST post I have ever made. I am extremely disappointed in myself, and I am so sorry that this is what I gave you guys.

If your heart wears thin, I will hold you up, and I will hide you when it gets too much
I am Ceraaaa
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Messages In This Thread
It's Been Real - by Roskuld - 09-29-2013, 10:53 PM
RE: It's Been Real - by Onni - 10-05-2013, 08:35 PM
RE: It's Been Real - by Cera - 10-06-2013, 01:48 AM
RE: It's Been Real - by Roskuld - 10-19-2013, 09:49 PM
RE: It's Been Real - by Onni - 11-15-2013, 05:17 PM
RE: It's Been Real - by Cera - 11-19-2013, 01:20 AM
RE: It's Been Real - by Roskuld - 11-19-2013, 03:35 PM
RE: It's Been Real - by Onni - 11-19-2013, 05:30 PM