the Rift

Accept me as I am[open]

Parelia Posts: 210
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 :: 7:: Frostfall HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Penna :: Peregrine Falcon :: None Parelia
[Image: parelia_as_a_winged_horse_by_silver_drea...6offiz.png]
Speech Thoughts

The trees were thick almost chocking to the mare. She wasn’t much for thick woodland like this, ‘But this is the only way in I suppose.’ She thought softly as she glanced up at the tree limbs. Her light coat made her feel as if she could glow in the dark, and that made her vulnerable. Subconsciously she pulled her valuable wings closer to her strong body. She took great pride in her cream and tea wings. She was clearly a cremello tobiano Arabian, but looking closer at her you can see the sturdy back and legs of a mustang. Her well attuned ears were pricked, and her delicate muzzle was up drawing in the smells around her. Her bright brown eyes gazed carefully around her body staying tense as she continued on her walk.

Panic was slowly creeping into the mare’s mind as she pressed on deeper into the woods. Her breathing quickened as her eyes started to widen. ‘Calm down you’re ok, you can always out run any danger.’ She thought franticly to herself. A sudden snapping twig set her off running hysterically through the thick trees. ’This is not a good place for a flying creature to be!’ Her voice screamed in her head as she loped through the woods. By the time she came to a halt Parelia was shaking with exhaustion and bleeding form several small cuts covering her face, legs, and rump. As she was catching her breath a song bird flapped calmly around the small clearing. She was captivated as her brown eyes followed the twittering, ‘Flying!’ She thought excitedly, “If this free bird and live her comfortably, I can at least walk through here.” Parelia whispered to herself taking a few deep calming breathes.
---------------------
Words: 292
OOC:; Terrible! I’m sorry it’ll get better!
[Image: 54a664c1065ed][Image: 542f83afbdf08]
Please tag Parelia! Attack at anytime

Artemis Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Sei
Acceptance.
The threshold was a familiar sight to the ivory mare as strong legs carried her swiftly toward the dense forest. Her time had been recently divided between frequent visits to the forest to search for lonesome souls, and patrolling the borders of her homeland. She knew others could take some of her duties, yet she suspected that few bothered the guard the Foothills from strangers. She felt oddly swamped, yet she did not mind. Her self appointed duties made her feel needed and, more importantly, kept her distracted.

She could still hear Tharos' words resonating within her skull. 'Miss, I love ya,' he told her in that odd accent of his, using the rather irritating nickname. They had been running and she told herself she had misheard him, but there no np doubting it. He loved her, and she had ignored his blatant confession. She was an idiot, but honestly she wasn't sure how she felt. love was not something she was used to. It scared her.

The only love she knew was the love she had found for her home with Apollo and the others, and she was determined to help it get stronger. For that, they needed members, for their group was small and though that made him close knit and personal, it also meant they lacked in bodies. It made them vulnerable. Still, she knew her warriors were strong; she herself was confident in her abilities to protect her home with everything, even if that meant her life.

Striding on powerful, tall legs, the draft mutt explored with pricked ears and wide eyes. She was walking for some time until she heard the sound of pounding hoof beats. It sounded as if someone was galloping through the forest. Though she was not overly fast, and her muscular body did not move well through the dense trees, she made an attempt to canter toward the noise. After a short while, the sound slowed, but was louder until it stopped completely. Slowly, she sucked in deep breaths as she tried to find the source of the sound. Luckily, a voice broke through the near silent forest, masked only by bird sound and the faint hum of insects. Trotting toward she voice, she moved out of the shadows and made herself smile. Artemis was not known for her social skills, but she tried her best. She was a kind soul, though rather awkward in her mannerisms. "Greetings, friend. I am Artemis, warrior of the Windtossed Foothills. May i ask your name?"
[Image: 258b4tv.jpg]

Arlo Posts: 60
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16hh :: 6 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Stephy
a r l o

Ihad been stumbling, stumbling through the thick fog my denial had placed within my dial. I had been moving my way through the lands for a while now, for avoidance was currently key. Avoidance of my little spy, of my emotions, of the abhorrents. Facing any of this right now, I was sure would lead to the loss of my sanity. And I sure as hell couldn’t risk that right now, not when I was so close to keep a permanent hold on my consciousness.

I finally came to a halt and in taking in my surroundings, I realised my limbs had brought me back to the threshold. Back to where my journey in these lands had begun, and more recently my journey with the beautiful spy had taken hold. Thoughts of her gave me huge butterflies, fluttering around my gut, kicking up a fuss. She caused my heart to lift, and for me to hear birds singing. Everything seemed better, lighter when I thought of her. But that didn’t matter did it? Nay, I couldn’t let her see every part of me. I was far too ashamed. I shook my dial and snorted, I didn’t want to think of these things now.

Finally, my baby blues enlightened on something to prevent me from thinking. A pretty little winged thing, clearly exhausted and scared. She seemed a little beaten and bruised, and she was breathing heavily, clearing trying to calm herself.

I started to step forward, to introduce myself and perhaps provide the protection that I actually longed to provide to the crowned one, as a twig snapped somewhere to the left of me, and the feminine notes of a female entered my nostrils. I stayed put until I saw her emerge from the trees, one with similar colouring to me, though a little shorter. I listened intently to her slightly awkward harmonies, as if they weren’t quite in tune.

She introduced herself as one from the Foothills. I had yet to meet anyone from these herdlands and I was interested to see what they brought to the table. So I proceeded forward, intending to introduce myself to the both of them, still blissfully unaware of my current denial and overcompensating for my feelings towards the spy.

“Hullo ladies. How are we today? Artemis, I think I heard? What a pretty name. And pray, whom might you be?”

My voice rumbled deep and charming as I turned towards the ivory coloured winged one.

“I am Arlo, Warrior for the Asylum, and I am pleased to make both your acquaintances.”

I bobbed my dial in greeting to the both of them, and awaited to see which one responded first.

" "
Fugue
459 words.
Sorry it got a bit sucky, my muse dipped a little!
@[Artemis]&&@[Parelia]

&CROWS WILL FLEE THE SCENE,
AS IF TO REMIND ME
HOW LONG ITS BEEN SINCE I'VE SEEN A DOVE.

[Image: parelia_as_a_winged_horse_by_silver_drea...6offiz.png]
Speech Thoughts

Taking a deep relaxing a scent made her head and tail fly up as her brown eyes took in the area before her. She was just about to ask who was there when a unicorn stepped from the trees. She ruffled her wings before remembering she wouldn’t be able to fly in these close knit trees. Taking a few more deep breaths to ease the panic growing in her chest again she watched the female’s approach carefully. Parelia’s brown eyes found the mare’s own teal grey eyes and followed the red streak down her face. Parelia took in the mare’s masculine frame, ‘Poor girl it must be hard to find a mate with a body like that.’ She thought silently her thoughts cut off by the mare’s kind voice. ‘Artemis, the warrior.’ She thought rolling the name around her head and tongue. Parelia was about to speak when another equine stepped from the trees.

This new comer was plain, but far from ugly. Parelia’s bright eyes roved slowly over his sleek dappled silver coat, as well as his well-formed muscles. A twinkle of curiosity and interest sparked up immediately in her brown eyes. Parelia listened to the stallion’s well-oiled vocals before dipping her dainty Arabian dished head. ‘Two warriors in my midst, and from different heard, this might be a good day yet.’ She thought curiously wondering if there might be a fight between the two. ‘Coming from different heard, it wouldn’t surprise me.’

Parelia’s smile was genuine and sweet, but the smile was hiding her true excitement to be with other equines again. Her voice was warm and sweet as she looked first at Artemis then back at Arlo, “It is very nice to meet both of you; I am Parelia new to these lands.” She paused watching them closely still unsure about their true intentions. Her voice stroked the air again as she tried to remain formal, “If it is not outside of my…”she paused searching for the word, ] “bounds I like to ask how you both came to grace me with your presence.” She smiled curtly now feeling out of her comfort zone, speaking as if to a royal. ‘A fight would not be the way to start off my new life here, maybe one of them will even offer me sanctuary in their herd.’ The thought of a new family was almost too much for the Pegasus.

---------------------
Words: 401
OOC:; Your post was not sucky!

Hidden Account
Sei
Acceptance.
She smiled as well as she could toward the mare. Artemis was not used to the straining on her face, but she knew from watching others that a smile was always encouraging to strangers. The mare seemed to watch for her for a moment as if studying her, though perhaps she was wrong? Her own eyes drifted over the attractive mare, enjoying the brightly lit tones of her teal feathers that were vivid against the creamy-white background. Artemis was not attracted to mares, hell, she wasn't really attracted to anyone, but she could appreciate beauty when she saw it. She had often stared at her gruff, harsh reflection with dismal thoughts. She was considered ugly to many, she knew. The warrior tried not to show it, nor did she let it bother her, but deep down it stung. She was no dainty little princess. She never would be.

But did she really want to be?

Before the mare spoke, another figure slipped from the gloom. A rather handsome stallion stood before them, his long locks flowing down over muscled shoulders like frothy waterfalls, tumbling halfway toward the earth. Her own hair was equally long and wild, yet she tamed it with her thick plait. She wondered to herself how he managed that amount of hair without restraining it, somehow.

He greeted them warmly enough, complimenting her name. She turned away almost shyly, embarrassed by the comment. Pretty was nothing commonly associated with her, and though he only referred to her name, it was nice. His silky words seemed to darken, however, if only to Artemis' ears when he stated his homeland. The Asylum? She turned back, narrowing her eyes and tensing her muscles. She had nothing against outcasts, nor other herds. Hell, she was friends with the 'Assassin', Harmony, yet the Asylum gave her the creeps. She had only heard quiet whispers of the herd, and until now she thought of them as ghosts - myths born of the fears of children. Maybe they were perfectly nice. maybe she was being judgmental. She had long learnt not to judge so she did not get aggressive, but her ear did twitch nervously and her thick set neck arched proudly.

She turned back to the mare and listened to her words. "I frequent here often. I like it here, though I guess the real reason anyone comes here is became newcomers stumble through this forest frequently. I come to offer a home in the Foothills to those in need of it." She smiled, glancing sideways toward the outcast. "I assume sir Arlo is here for a similar reason?" She stated also, shifting from one foot to the other. "So, if it pleases you, I formally invite you to see my homeland. Our leader Apollo is very kind, and accepts those from any background."

Stephy
a r l o

I chuckled as the air dweller eyes sparkled as I entered the scene, oh how long I had yearned for this feeling? I had been kept underneath my consciousness for so long, whilst the abhorrents had raged on, not feeling a single emotion. It had left me feeling empty and so very alone. And yet in the few short days since I had returned to my own self I had felt more pain than ever before. My feelings for the darkened queen were literally tearing me apart. So for now, all I wanted to do was to bury my head in the sand, and ignore her very existence. It was for the best.

I was pulled from my reverie , my navel gazing if you will, by her honeyed lyrics floating through the air towards me, saying just about the very words that I had said to Seele only a few months before. She said them with far more hope and optimism than I had ever felt upon my arrival. She stood far more of chance in these lands than I did. She served no place within the Asylum, and for that she was lucky.

Ever the gentleman, I decided to turn court over to Artemis, allowing her the grace of speaking first, for she held far more opportunity for the newcomer than I could offer. I watched as she turned away as I complimented her name. She was clearly shy, and perhaps a slight self-conscious of her warrior stature. A shame really, I found her far prettier than some of the leaner wenches that roamed these lands. I would have told her, but then I noticed her slight repulsion as I mentioned the Ayslum.

I couldn’t blame her of course, we might not be known by the masses, but those who do feared the clutch of the crazies. Understandable really, for we might not be a fighting force, but we were certainly the ones who went bump in the night. Judgement was only to be expected. I blinked as she directed a question at me, asking if I was here to recruit the newcomer to my humble abode. I grinned as she addressed me as sir, nobody had done that in a long time.

“Come now, there is no need for formality here. I am no Sir, nor will I ever pretend to be. And alas, no I am not here to bring Parelia back to the boggy marsh that I call my home. The Asylum as I am sure you know, have a few pre-requisites to joining. And fortunately this pretty girl fits none of them..”

My voice was deep, calm and charming, warmth exuding from my lyrics in an attempt to put Artemis at ease.

“Parelia, M’lady, I would definitely advise you to follow this rather beautiful mare back to the Foothills. As much I wish I did, I have nothing to offer you. The Asylum is no place for anybody. I am merely here to escape the prospect of returning to my so called family..”

Today was one of those times that I sorely wished I had never let the abhorrents drag me into the claws of the insane ones. I was truly sorry that both of these beautiful vixens had reason to fear me.

" "
Fugue
549 words.
Sorry its taken a while!!
@[Artemis]&&@[Parelia]

AS IF TO REMIND ME

Parelia
I've gotta fight today, To live another day, Speakin' my mind today

Parelia watched the pair before her and her ears pricked as she watched Artemis ’s reaction to Arlo’s mention of his home. ‘What’s wrong with the Asylum?’ She wondered silently but she could almost taste the unease rolling off of the other mare. Parelia’s skin shuddered at her flank, her nervous tick, as she watched Artemis’s ears twitch to and fro. Her intelligent brown eyes moved from the white and red unicorn to the handsome silver stallion. She examined him more closely taking in his posture then looking into his eyes as if trying to see into his soul. She cocked her ears towards him as if trying to hear his thoughts. Her instincts told her to be leery of all, but her heart told her to be nice. ‘Such conflicting feelings towards him, I wonder why.’ She thought curiously towards herself.

Her eyes flicked back to the mare as she spoke of her intentions, Parelia could tell she was a little awkward, but it didn’t bother her at all in fact she thought it was endearing and a little bit of a challenge. She smiled back encouragingly at Artemis drank in her words enthusiastically. ‘Apollo leads the herd at the bottom of the foothills, and I’ve been invited to live there.’ She thought smiling even brighter. Before replying she waited for Arlo to speak; it would have been quite rude of her to speak without hearing the other side’s proposition.

Her brown eyes once again found Arlo’s bright ice blue eyes, as he spoke. A tingle raced up her spine like wild fire at his deep enchanting voice. Wonder at the mystery of his herd land pricked at her as she watched his expressions. She seemed to swell at his praise of her beauty, she had always known she wasn’t ugly, but hearing others thought so was always nice. She seemed to glow as she listened to him speak. ‘M’lady?’ She thought her eyes flashing playfully at his choice of words.

Suddenly with one word he popped the ego he had so unknowingly had stroked. Throwing up her sender head she arched her neck proudly and half extended her wings, making the clearing seem much smaller she gazed intently at Artemis. Her voice was a little more brisk but still kind, “I think I will do just that Arlo; Atremis I would love to meet you’re leader Apollo.” After her sweet voice stopped the rest of the handsome stallion’s words clicked in her brain, ‘Not wanting to go home?’ She thought curiously, ‘but why doesn’t he just leave the herd?’ her voice was much softer this time as she took a step closer towards the much taller stallion. She pulled her wings in protectively closer to her as she realized for the first time how much larger they both were to her meager fourteen three hands. “Arlo…” She paused gathering her thoughts hoping not to say the wrong thing. “If you do not wish to return to the Asylum, why do you not um, find a new herd?” She glanced at Artemis. “I don’t know about the Asylum herd, but you seem too much of a gentleman to be with a bunch that seems to worry even such a powerful warrior as Artemis.” She cocked her head courteously towards Artemis and waited their replies.

-----------------------------------
Speech Thoughts
Words:555

Hidden Account
Sei
Acceptance.
She eyed the stallion with caution. True, she knew little of those who lurked in the marshes, and nor did she wish to find out. All Artemis knew of them was that they were a threat to her family. Something was off about the stallion that she couldn't place, but if he was a part of that 'family', he had to have a screw or two loose. Strange, considering he was acting quite the gentleman toward the 'pretty lady'. She glanced toward the pegasus. She was a pretty young thing, unlike her own larger, scarred frame. She wasn't so sure why that irked her. She had never been the jealous type, though she supposed it had something to do with Storm.

But now was not the time to worry about Tharos's ex-mate, or one night stand, or whatever she had been. Beside, she and Tharos were just friends. Nothing more. It was evident he only liked pretty little faces.

She glanced back toward the muzzle of the stag as he spoke. He told her not to call him 'sir', which oddly reminded her of Apollo as he had done just the same. 'Don't call me, Lord, for that is not what I am to you. Call me brother,' she smiled slightly at the thought, and thus also to his words as she eased slightly. She knew better than to let her guard down, but her head lowered slightly. Yet it was his next words that diminished her resolve and forced the warrior to flush like a filly. Beautiful, that word again. Her eyes glanced toward the pale painted face, slightly confused as to why the word was associated with herself and not the dainty mare, though in the back of her mind she simply put it down to flattery. Still, Artemis found herself clearing her throat nervously, finding her sights pinned to the newcomer.

till, the fact that he seemed reluctant to return home bothered her more than he should. She didn't show this, not reacting to those words, and once the mare accepted her offer the porcelain mare turned to lead her home. But the pretty thing did not turn to follow, instead questioning Arlo. With a soft sigh, she turned back over her shoulder, flicking her banner in mild irritation. The mare was a friendly creature, smiling and she gave Artemis the impression that she was the 'eternal optimist' type. It was a nice change. The Foothills needed some more smiles. Still, she bothered Artemis with her words and she arched her head proudly. "Not worried, miss. Prepared. I have no qualms with his people, but I have heard rumors." No need to hide that, really. She turned to Arlo, avoiding his gaze. "Though what Parelia says is true enough. Why not simply leave?" She had no right asking that and she knew it. She had doubts about her place before, yet had never abandoned her family. Now, she stood loyal and true as a General of the herd, of Apollo's herd. Never would she leave her family. She turned away. "My apologies si-...Arlo. Though you seem decent enough. If you ever have doubts, I am sure the Foothills would gladly accommodate you." She said, turning away and signalling for the pagasus to leave, though patient enough to wait if she wished to further converse with Arlo.

That stallion was... interesting. She turned over her shoulder to nod a farewell.

Stephy
a r l o

Watching as the air dweller swelled as I complimented her, I had to chuckle as she literally deflated, like a balloon pricked with a needle as I called her M’lady. She may be a petulant child, but she meant well and seemed nice enough. I greeted her childish flashing orbs with warmth in my own, for I meant nothing by my words; it had only been a form of address. She puffed herself up again, flashing her wings, making the space around us seem all that smaller, as if to defy me to call her that again, to show me that I had been wrong in my speech.

I listened as her lyrics held a tinge of the pouting that resided upon her maw as she spoke. She was speaking as if joining Artemis was to spite me, but it was what I wanted. This pretty, naïve little thing definitely didn’t hold a place in my family. Some may take offence at being told they didn’t suit, but I could only see it as a good thing that you hadn’t yet been destroyed by life enough that you were supposed to see beyond the gates of the Asylum.

The warmth returned to her voice as she voiced concern with a slight stutter that if I did not wish to return to the marsh, that I should not. It was a shame that it couldn’t work like that. Not only did deserting the crazy mean that I would be hunted down by my vermillion commander and her partner in bounty, the crazy brindled bitch I had met only a few days before. That was a fate worse than death, for they were both the craziest vixens I had even had the displeasure to meet. But along with that, I knew that the Asylum was the only place that my other, more repulsive side would be accepted. If these two lovely, beautiful femmes knew who I really was, they wouldn’t still be standing here. And yet, I didn’t want to tell them this.

I turned again to watch Artemis, and found myself saddened by her reaction to my words, for she flushed a little and decidedly kept her eyes focussed on the air dweller, avoiding all eye contact with me. It was from shyness I assumed, and I found it a massive shame that someone like her had clearly rarely been told of her beauty. Just because she had the stature for war, didn’t mean she didn’t hold a regality about her that many others did not. Besides, scars told of a life lived, and a life worth telling stories of. No scars meant you didn’t have any tales of note, which seemed to be the case with so many vixens I had come across. As far as I was concerned, I would rather the warrior than the damsel in distress.

She had turned to leave with the newcomer, and hadn’t reckoned on her stopping to converse with me, as was shown in the flick of her banner. I listened as she spoke of the rumors she had heard of the Asylum, and it saddened my very heart, causing a slight tinge as I remembered the darkened queen I was running from. I didn’t want to be one of the ones who were whispered of in hushed tones, and only spoken of as Halloween tales.

I turned to Parelia, and answered her question as best as I could, in deep rumbling tones;

“Alas, pretty girl. It is not as simple as that. Sometimes I wish it was so. But they are my family, and I have a duty to them.” I reached out with my dial to her muzzle and touched her lightly. “If I was to desert them, not only would I be in danger, but so would anyone who were to harbour me. Quite rightly so too, I have an obligation to fulfil..”
I sighed and continued; “Just know this; neither of you two would ever be in danger from me. I promise you that with my whole heart.”

I knew that Artemis was anxious to press on, to take the newcomer back to her new home, but I couldn’t help but feel a little regretful that one they had to leave at all, but second that I couldn’t go with them. It made me ponder, was it really possible? Could I leave, could I take them up on the offer and flee to the foothills? But alas, no. There was no way they would harbour me once they got a whiff of who I really was. But the thought still lingered stubbornly in my mind and caused me to speak up;

“Artemis, you must take Parelia to her new residence now. And know how deeply I am grateful for your offer of a new life and home with all of you in the foothills.” I paused here, wondering if I should say what I wanted to next. I took a deep breath and ploughed on. “I find that I would very much like to see you again. Do you think that might be possible?”

I dipped my dial, cursing myself for being so forward. I could only wish that she didn’t take offense. Hopefully she would find someone one day to tell her how beautiful she was.

" "
Fugue
888 words.
@[Artemis]&&@[Parelia]

AS IF TO REMIND ME

Hidden Account
Sei
Acceptance.
Her head was overturned over broad shoulders, quietly observing the pair with ears poised forwards and eyes glancing over the pectorals of the stallion. Wy he had called her such foreign, meaningless words was beyond her, yet she could not lie to herself. The words had warmed her cheeks as well as her heart. It was an odd feelings, one that the mare had yet to experience. In her birth land, stallions had been illusive to her, for she had lived a solitary life but for the one beating heart belonging to her mother. Together the females had survived alone. Her mother had been a brash woman; as spontaneous and violent as the snow caps that surrounded them. That was not to say she was a cruel parent, she was nothing of the sort, yet she raised her daughter to be a fighter, to be a survivor, so that when her own life ended, her daughter would not become the toy she herself had once been. Her mother had refused to be a prize for stallions, to be fought for and won, and she had taught Artemis to protect herself from the lustful gazes of men, yet in this land the stallions were rarely brutish and wild as those from her homeland, so these words they spread confused her.

Apollo refusing to be labelled 'lord' despite his status, instead longing only to be referenced as 'brother', Tharos, who called himself her mate (albeit accidentally) though the word had little meaning to the snow queen, now Arlo with his words of beauty.

This was nothing of the tales her mother had spun, yet as confused as she was, she was glad of it.

She listened carefully to his words as he addressed the little dove and she nodded knowingly. Despite her initial doubts of the Foothills, the nature of her family had changed from servants of war to self preservation and kindness under the new rule of the Merciful. She felt now a determinate and a duty to protect those who fell under Apollo's lead and though she was neither a leader nor as close to Apollo as others, she felt a strong sense of loyalty toward him. He truly was her brother in heart, and if Arlo's feelings of family were as strong as the bonds Artemis was forming, she knew why he could not leave no matter what doubts plagued him.

Yet something bothered her. He spoke of danger, as if this family he seemed to be loyal to would turn against their own kin if they stepped out of line. Her expression remained neutral, yet her eyes seemed to darken. She made a silent pledge, though she barely knew why, that if this stallion ever changed his mind she would protect him from these so called dangers. Artemis knew not what he meant by it, but she was brave. She would fight for those who needed to be four for, and though he appeared strong in body, she wondered if he feared this family enough to be noble to fight for his win freedom.

And as she made that mental vow, he made his own spoken promise and her gaze softened slightly. Thou he was simply a stranger, she found herself believing his words. Her mother might have told her not to be foolish, that you should never trust the tainted words of a stallion, but Artemis paid no heed to the phantoms silent advice. He seemed honest in his words, though it was a known fact that Artemis was not renouned for her ability to read others.

She sighed softly and as she did so, his attentions turned directly to her. Her eyes flickered down toward the earth, though her ears were poised toward his voice. She nodded silently. She had to take the pretty dove home, far from whatever haunted place this stallion found himself caged within. Her head twisted to turn from him, to take his advice and leave, yet before she managed to take a step, his words froze her.

He would like to see her again? She glanced back once more, eyes raising as high as they dared; directed upon his muzzle. The doubt and confusion was easy to read upon her face as he lips parted to speak. For a moment, words did not emerge as he mind whirred and buzzed, calculating an appropriate answer. "Everything is possible." She replied quietly, uncharacteristally cryptic for a moment before she managed a faint smile. "Tell me where to find you and I will come. When, I cannot say, but you have my word". She hesitated, awaiting the place. Once he told her she simply nodded, turning her back to him once again and setting off at a slow walk.

Yet something bothered her. She paused before the darkness of the forest consumed her. "And Arlo, this danger you say follows you? Whatever it is, I assure you, I can fight it." There, that sounded more like herself. She smiled a private smile and continued to move until her form was swallowed up by the trees.

(I think that about sums it up =]. Sorry I didn't get to reply, I got swamped with life lol)