the Rift

Accept me as I am[open]

Arlo Posts: 60
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16hh :: 6 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Stephy
a r l o

Ihad been stumbling, stumbling through the thick fog my denial had placed within my dial. I had been moving my way through the lands for a while now, for avoidance was currently key. Avoidance of my little spy, of my emotions, of the abhorrents. Facing any of this right now, I was sure would lead to the loss of my sanity. And I sure as hell couldn’t risk that right now, not when I was so close to keep a permanent hold on my consciousness.

I finally came to a halt and in taking in my surroundings, I realised my limbs had brought me back to the threshold. Back to where my journey in these lands had begun, and more recently my journey with the beautiful spy had taken hold. Thoughts of her gave me huge butterflies, fluttering around my gut, kicking up a fuss. She caused my heart to lift, and for me to hear birds singing. Everything seemed better, lighter when I thought of her. But that didn’t matter did it? Nay, I couldn’t let her see every part of me. I was far too ashamed. I shook my dial and snorted, I didn’t want to think of these things now.

Finally, my baby blues enlightened on something to prevent me from thinking. A pretty little winged thing, clearly exhausted and scared. She seemed a little beaten and bruised, and she was breathing heavily, clearing trying to calm herself.

I started to step forward, to introduce myself and perhaps provide the protection that I actually longed to provide to the crowned one, as a twig snapped somewhere to the left of me, and the feminine notes of a female entered my nostrils. I stayed put until I saw her emerge from the trees, one with similar colouring to me, though a little shorter. I listened intently to her slightly awkward harmonies, as if they weren’t quite in tune.

She introduced herself as one from the Foothills. I had yet to meet anyone from these herdlands and I was interested to see what they brought to the table. So I proceeded forward, intending to introduce myself to the both of them, still blissfully unaware of my current denial and overcompensating for my feelings towards the spy.

“Hullo ladies. How are we today? Artemis, I think I heard? What a pretty name. And pray, whom might you be?”

My voice rumbled deep and charming as I turned towards the ivory coloured winged one.

“I am Arlo, Warrior for the Asylum, and I am pleased to make both your acquaintances.”

I bobbed my dial in greeting to the both of them, and awaited to see which one responded first.

" "
Fugue
459 words.
Sorry it got a bit sucky, my muse dipped a little!
@[Artemis]&&@[Parelia]

&CROWS WILL FLEE THE SCENE,
AS IF TO REMIND ME
HOW LONG ITS BEEN SINCE I'VE SEEN A DOVE.

Messages In This Thread
Accept me as I am[open] - by Parelia - 09-30-2013, 01:59 AM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Artemis - 09-30-2013, 10:26 AM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Artemis - 10-02-2013, 11:56 AM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Artemis - 10-06-2013, 03:31 PM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Artemis - 10-08-2013, 10:42 AM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Arlo - 09-30-2013, 03:54 PM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Parelia - 10-02-2013, 03:55 AM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Arlo - 10-06-2013, 11:08 AM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Parelia - 10-06-2013, 02:28 PM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Arlo - 10-07-2013, 08:09 AM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Parelia - 10-09-2013, 09:29 PM