the Rift

Accept me as I am[open]

Arlo Posts: 60
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16hh :: 6 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Stephy
a r l o

I chuckled as the air dweller eyes sparkled as I entered the scene, oh how long I had yearned for this feeling? I had been kept underneath my consciousness for so long, whilst the abhorrents had raged on, not feeling a single emotion. It had left me feeling empty and so very alone. And yet in the few short days since I had returned to my own self I had felt more pain than ever before. My feelings for the darkened queen were literally tearing me apart. So for now, all I wanted to do was to bury my head in the sand, and ignore her very existence. It was for the best.

I was pulled from my reverie , my navel gazing if you will, by her honeyed lyrics floating through the air towards me, saying just about the very words that I had said to Seele only a few months before. She said them with far more hope and optimism than I had ever felt upon my arrival. She stood far more of chance in these lands than I did. She served no place within the Asylum, and for that she was lucky.

Ever the gentleman, I decided to turn court over to Artemis, allowing her the grace of speaking first, for she held far more opportunity for the newcomer than I could offer. I watched as she turned away as I complimented her name. She was clearly shy, and perhaps a slight self-conscious of her warrior stature. A shame really, I found her far prettier than some of the leaner wenches that roamed these lands. I would have told her, but then I noticed her slight repulsion as I mentioned the Ayslum.

I couldn’t blame her of course, we might not be known by the masses, but those who do feared the clutch of the crazies. Understandable really, for we might not be a fighting force, but we were certainly the ones who went bump in the night. Judgement was only to be expected. I blinked as she directed a question at me, asking if I was here to recruit the newcomer to my humble abode. I grinned as she addressed me as sir, nobody had done that in a long time.

“Come now, there is no need for formality here. I am no Sir, nor will I ever pretend to be. And alas, no I am not here to bring Parelia back to the boggy marsh that I call my home. The Asylum as I am sure you know, have a few pre-requisites to joining. And fortunately this pretty girl fits none of them..”

My voice was deep, calm and charming, warmth exuding from my lyrics in an attempt to put Artemis at ease.

“Parelia, M’lady, I would definitely advise you to follow this rather beautiful mare back to the Foothills. As much I wish I did, I have nothing to offer you. The Asylum is no place for anybody. I am merely here to escape the prospect of returning to my so called family..”

Today was one of those times that I sorely wished I had never let the abhorrents drag me into the claws of the insane ones. I was truly sorry that both of these beautiful vixens had reason to fear me.

" "
Fugue
549 words.
Sorry its taken a while!!
@[Artemis]&&@[Parelia]

&CROWS WILL FLEE THE SCENE,
AS IF TO REMIND ME
HOW LONG ITS BEEN SINCE I'VE SEEN A DOVE.

Messages In This Thread
Accept me as I am[open] - by Parelia - 09-30-2013, 01:59 AM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Artemis - 09-30-2013, 10:26 AM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Artemis - 10-02-2013, 11:56 AM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Artemis - 10-06-2013, 03:31 PM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Artemis - 10-08-2013, 10:42 AM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Arlo - 09-30-2013, 03:54 PM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Parelia - 10-02-2013, 03:55 AM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Arlo - 10-06-2013, 11:08 AM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Parelia - 10-06-2013, 02:28 PM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Arlo - 10-07-2013, 08:09 AM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Parelia - 10-09-2013, 09:29 PM