the Rift

Accept me as I am[open]

Arlo Posts: 60
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16hh :: 6 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Stephy
a r l o

Watching as the air dweller swelled as I complimented her, I had to chuckle as she literally deflated, like a balloon pricked with a needle as I called her M’lady. She may be a petulant child, but she meant well and seemed nice enough. I greeted her childish flashing orbs with warmth in my own, for I meant nothing by my words; it had only been a form of address. She puffed herself up again, flashing her wings, making the space around us seem all that smaller, as if to defy me to call her that again, to show me that I had been wrong in my speech.

I listened as her lyrics held a tinge of the pouting that resided upon her maw as she spoke. She was speaking as if joining Artemis was to spite me, but it was what I wanted. This pretty, naïve little thing definitely didn’t hold a place in my family. Some may take offence at being told they didn’t suit, but I could only see it as a good thing that you hadn’t yet been destroyed by life enough that you were supposed to see beyond the gates of the Asylum.

The warmth returned to her voice as she voiced concern with a slight stutter that if I did not wish to return to the marsh, that I should not. It was a shame that it couldn’t work like that. Not only did deserting the crazy mean that I would be hunted down by my vermillion commander and her partner in bounty, the crazy brindled bitch I had met only a few days before. That was a fate worse than death, for they were both the craziest vixens I had even had the displeasure to meet. But along with that, I knew that the Asylum was the only place that my other, more repulsive side would be accepted. If these two lovely, beautiful femmes knew who I really was, they wouldn’t still be standing here. And yet, I didn’t want to tell them this.

I turned again to watch Artemis, and found myself saddened by her reaction to my words, for she flushed a little and decidedly kept her eyes focussed on the air dweller, avoiding all eye contact with me. It was from shyness I assumed, and I found it a massive shame that someone like her had clearly rarely been told of her beauty. Just because she had the stature for war, didn’t mean she didn’t hold a regality about her that many others did not. Besides, scars told of a life lived, and a life worth telling stories of. No scars meant you didn’t have any tales of note, which seemed to be the case with so many vixens I had come across. As far as I was concerned, I would rather the warrior than the damsel in distress.

She had turned to leave with the newcomer, and hadn’t reckoned on her stopping to converse with me, as was shown in the flick of her banner. I listened as she spoke of the rumors she had heard of the Asylum, and it saddened my very heart, causing a slight tinge as I remembered the darkened queen I was running from. I didn’t want to be one of the ones who were whispered of in hushed tones, and only spoken of as Halloween tales.

I turned to Parelia, and answered her question as best as I could, in deep rumbling tones;

“Alas, pretty girl. It is not as simple as that. Sometimes I wish it was so. But they are my family, and I have a duty to them.” I reached out with my dial to her muzzle and touched her lightly. “If I was to desert them, not only would I be in danger, but so would anyone who were to harbour me. Quite rightly so too, I have an obligation to fulfil..”
I sighed and continued; “Just know this; neither of you two would ever be in danger from me. I promise you that with my whole heart.”

I knew that Artemis was anxious to press on, to take the newcomer back to her new home, but I couldn’t help but feel a little regretful that one they had to leave at all, but second that I couldn’t go with them. It made me ponder, was it really possible? Could I leave, could I take them up on the offer and flee to the foothills? But alas, no. There was no way they would harbour me once they got a whiff of who I really was. But the thought still lingered stubbornly in my mind and caused me to speak up;

“Artemis, you must take Parelia to her new residence now. And know how deeply I am grateful for your offer of a new life and home with all of you in the foothills.” I paused here, wondering if I should say what I wanted to next. I took a deep breath and ploughed on. “I find that I would very much like to see you again. Do you think that might be possible?”

I dipped my dial, cursing myself for being so forward. I could only wish that she didn’t take offense. Hopefully she would find someone one day to tell her how beautiful she was.

" "
Fugue
888 words.
@[Artemis]&&@[Parelia]

&CROWS WILL FLEE THE SCENE,
AS IF TO REMIND ME
HOW LONG ITS BEEN SINCE I'VE SEEN A DOVE.

Messages In This Thread
Accept me as I am[open] - by Parelia - 09-30-2013, 01:59 AM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Artemis - 09-30-2013, 10:26 AM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Artemis - 10-02-2013, 11:56 AM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Artemis - 10-06-2013, 03:31 PM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Artemis - 10-08-2013, 10:42 AM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Arlo - 09-30-2013, 03:54 PM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Parelia - 10-02-2013, 03:55 AM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Arlo - 10-06-2013, 11:08 AM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Parelia - 10-06-2013, 02:28 PM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Arlo - 10-07-2013, 08:09 AM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Parelia - 10-09-2013, 09:29 PM