the Rift

Life of the Dead [Open] [Acceptance]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

KRI the resolute
one cannot stop the wind from blowing, nor refuse the falling rain.

A monster in the Throat.

That was my original thought, as I fly through the air above the small creature and his pet. I think that some demon has passed through the gates of hell and chosen to come after my family, my herd. Still, I do not attack him at first. Instead, I soar above observing him for a few quiet moments. My dark blue eyes scour his crumbling form, but for all of the decay, he stands still, this child, in the light of the sun.

I see a flickering of a stallion hover in the place where he had once stood, tall and proud. The same paint markings without the holes through his flesh, without the green tinge of his skin. Perplexed, I turn my head to the side even as the illusion flickers away again, leaving the foal standing with his pet in the sand below. The heat of the sun beats down heavily upon the small frame, and mine as well.

When the heat of the sun threatens to push my wings from the sky, I descend, having seen enough to know that this colt, whatever beast he was, meant no harm to my home. The tiger cub beside him was probably more likely to strike out at me, I knew, as this zombie seemed dismissive toward everything.

My hooves meet with the sand below, and I canter forward, capturing the speed from my landing to push forward, slowing only when standing a few short paces before the dead. His stench was apparent, but what else would you expect from rotting flesh? My nostrils crinkle upward as I swallow my own disgust, holding my head high in front of the visitor. I do not speak for a moment, sizing up my company with dark, fiery blue eyes. My hair twirls around with the wind that gusts around me, the magic of controlling the wind often meant that I unconsciously had it follow me, especially in the heat of the desert.

"Hello," I say finally, my voice strong, gruff, almost the voice of a stallion were it not for the feminine curve of my words and mouth. "Welcome to the Dragon's Throat, traveler."
""

Messages In This Thread
RE: Life of the Dead [Open] [Acceptance] - by Kri - 08-08-2012, 11:28 AM
RE: Life of the Dead [Open] [Acceptance] - by Kri - 08-21-2012, 07:56 PM