the Rift

[OPEN] Should The Sun Crash Again

Chemical Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: front_zps4943cf3f.png]

In these passed few months, I have changed extravagantly. I have grown more patient and more understanding. My personality has grown warm and I have grown an appreciation for the smaller things of life. I have grown more wise in this time. My black shriveled heart has been pumped up and my blood has begun to flow once more.

I never thought this would happen. I never thought I would change. I guess that's what happens when you get older though. You slowly begin to mature. I had brought Speirling out today to let her see the world in color. I had felt it wasn't fair to her to let her see just snow her entire life. I wanted to show her the Heavenly Fields and I also wanted to talk to her about some things.

"Speirling." My crimson eyes looked straight ahead as I stopped. I didn't blink. My ears stood perked ahead of me and I waited for her to approach beside me. She was growing fast but not too fast. She was already tall and she was already forming into a mature and headstrong girl with a compassion for the world. Which was good... very good. I didn't want her to become a rock... a soulless rock.

I simply wanted her to know that she would get hurt if she wasn't careful. If she didn't watch where she stepped, she would fall through and get pulled down.

imagecredits to dkjimagestock

Speirling Posts: N/A
Unregistered
[Image: Header_zps884ae498.jpg]

Momma had lead me out here to the Heavenly Fields. I had asked her if she would take me elsewhere and show me the world. I didn't want to run off and get her mad at me. Plus, I wasn't too confident in my abilities as of right now to defend myself.

The sun had came again and it was a very strange sight. It wasn't like I pictured it to be... it was better. Momma had described it... well, in a weird way. Like one of the giant lamp trees but it was warm. When it came up, I was scared and I ran to Momma but I soon came to love it. It warmed my coat and the air smelled vibrant and full of life.

Especially in this place. The sweet smells of the grasses beneath my feet drew my nose in and my stomach churned. I instantly dove into it, grabbing a mouthful. Momma had been teaching me to eat other things other than milk. I was growing up and getting big! I was turning into a big girl and I was happy about that.

With the rising sun warming my coat up, I lunged into the air with my wings spread and flapped, gaining some height but quickly coming down again as Momma continued to walk silently through the grasses. She was in a good mood but she just wasn't talking right now. I bucked and came down on the grasses at Momma, wanting to play around.

She nudged me with a smile and we kept walking. She soon stopped with her neck arched and she breathed deep. I stood straight to, my neck was lowered and my head was pointing up at her in curiosity. She said my name and I looked at where she was looking... just across the rolling fields.

"Yes, Momma?"

imagecredits

Chemical Posts: N/A
Unregistered
[Image: front_zps4943cf3f.png]

A curious mind I had, when it came to finding out such information from someone. I had a full radiation of warmth coming from me to my daughter, a specific tone reserved for my children and Tonka. It was a look of love and understanding... patience and caring.

"What do you wish to do as you grow and get older? What do you want to become and what skills do you wish to pursue? I wish to know this for I believe that you are advanced enough to pursue this now and begin this now."

My black body heaved forward and settled back again as I drew in a deep and large sigh, ears perked forward and my crimson eyes swivel from the rising sun to Speirling's own clear pools of sight.

imagecredits to dkjimagestock

Speirling Posts: N/A
Unregistered
[Image: Header_zps884ae498.jpg]

As Momma began moving forward, I was quick to follow closely behind. And such with this, I left Momma in silence for a little bit. I needed to think about this because I hadn't thought of my future or what I wanted to do. I guess that was just something that needed to be gotten out of the way and I guess if this was being brought up now, maybe I needed to get my head on straight and jump into the reality.

My clear eyes look at Momma then at the grasses in front of me. I...I just... I wanted... I could... I didn't know. I just didn't know what I was going to do. I didn't know what I wanted to do. I would come if I was called to defend what needed to be defended but it depended on what that was that saying needed to be defended.

"Momma, I don't really know. I want to fight, but I also want to help. I don't want to cause meaningless harm. I don't want to hurt those that haven't hurt me. Momma, I don't want that. I will fight if they hurt me or my family but I don't want to fight if they don't poke us first. I want to help to. I want to help to the better cause. But Momma, I just don't know how. I don't know."

My ears were flattened to my head in a wincing manner and my head was low, expecting maybe a scorn or something from Momma. I didn't know what she would say or how she would act. I just didn't know. I was beginning to realize I didn't know a lot of things. From what my future was to be or to what my mother would say... but I guess the other thing was, how could anyone really know?

imagecredits

Blitzen Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Bumping for the link on my phone!