the Rift

[OPEN] ...And Something Else Deep

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

I had finally left behind the wasteland and heat. So many seasons after I fought that hellish lizardzilla I finally found grass underneath my hooves, and trees that reached above me, tall and fragrant and all that good mess. It was epic, let me tell you. I didn’t know how much I missed this temperate kind of climate, but now I’m here, and my chest is aching in all sorts of beautiful ways that I can’t…I can’t even, okay.

Yeah, I ran here. It’s what I do—I run, and I think, and I run some more. The sun was up; the void in the universe was gone, and that could only mean Daddy and the Other Gods were back in action. I…still didn’t know how to feel about that. Okay, sure, the weight of the world was off my shoulders for a time, but the idea of facing my father scared the ever living shit out of me. I’m not even ashamed to admit that; my father, the all-powerful master of Time and Shock, expecting things from me I didn’t even know how to deliver. What…do you say to a guy like that? ‘Hey, I spent almost four weeks in a desert because I’m dermb and exhausted myself and almost died. Look at this knarly scar.’ Yeah, that should go over well, I’m sure.

Anyway, I learned my lesson, at any rate. I stopped running for a time, giving my body a rest, regardless of whatever incessant pool of energy I thought I had. I ate actual grass and drank really real water and had myself a merry time, despite whatever the hell was crushing my chest. It smelled like home—too much like home. Ma, Auntie, Mesec, Jiji……Jiji. Okay, yeah, it smelled like her.

Should I go see them? I had left the Foothills in total darkness without a word of goodbye to anyone, except maybe Bro, and I don’t count that because there was a lot of nasty crying on my end and we’re not gonna talk about that, ‘kay? I grazed in the nooks between two very old oak trees indeed, allowing the quiet of this huge-ass forest surround me, sedate me, wrap me in a blankie that protected me from all my worries for just a little while. I would face my Dad when I faced him; there was nothing to do but wait, because time was moving again, and it was washing me downstream to my fate.

I still couldn’t stop thinking about Jiji though.

@[Ranjiri]
Roskuld</style>

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
ranjiri
                                                   calmness is the cradle of power

You were the first one to leave me but you were far from the last one. After you left Hototo followed you and it hurt, but at least I got to tell him goodbye and make him promise to come see me even if he didn't. He was busy, I understand, so its no big deal. But you just left. You left without telling me goodbye. I had thought we were closer than that. I had thought that you were my sister-cousin-bestfriend. I guess it wouldn't be the first time I found out I was wrong. But anyways. Momma left, too, but I got to tell her goodbye. I could have left to go with her if I wanted to, but I decided to stay in the Foothills in case you decided to come back, but you never did. At least I still had Bear hanging around so it made the separation from Momma a little easier.

I was angry with you for a long time after you disappeared, I'll admit. Being angry was easier than being sad, but eventually the anger fades and the sadness hits you squarely in the chest and makes every breath painful. The sadness never completely goes away, it just kind of fades so it doesn't hurt so much to live without someone you love, but its still there. You're still there, always in the back of my mind. I always wondered what you were up to. If you'd gotten your horn stuck in anymore trees. How tall you'd gotten. If you'd even remember me when you saw me.

I've grown up a lot since you left, Ros. I'm not a baby anymore. I've gotten taller, my hair's gotten longer, but its still tipped with gold. My horn's grown longer and stronger over the months. The markings on my shoulders have gotten darker and are more prominent. And my wings feel like they've tripled in size, though I still haven't learned how to fly yet. I still walk or run wherever I want to go or wherever my legs happen to take me.

This time they took me to the dark forest and I recognized Momma's smell right away. Momma and Bear. I missed them, but I knew where they were and I knew that I could see them whenever I wanted so it didn't hurt so much. Not like it hurt when you disappeared. I drifted through the forest, just looking at the trees, amazed at how tall they were. I don't know how far I had gone into the forest when I finally smelled you. I thought my mind was playing tricks on me because why, after months, did I smell you? That old ache in my heart that came from missing you felt like it doubled. I can honestly say that I felt like crying and began wanting nothing more than to run from the forest and never look back.

But my legs wouldn't listen to me. They kept carrying me through the trees, around them, under branches, through bushes and briar patches. Then I saw you and they stopped. I stood staring at you as you grazed, feeling like the minutes were both dragging by and speeding past. I was scared to blink. Scared that if I did you would suddenly be gone and I'd be left hurting again. My mouth opened and closed and I swallowed and continued to stare. I don't know how much time passed before I finally spoke. "Ros." It was the first time I said your name since you left.

@[Roskuld]

Credits

aud pixel!

I didn’t really register Jij’s tangible scent—I mean, I was thinking about her so hard, I figured it was part of the mental imagery or whatever. Because this forest….it was too thick for me, almost. Like, smelling it and being immersed in the smell brought me all sorts of memories from yesterday; my head pounded with a remnicent ache, almost as hard as my chest did thinking Ma and Auntie and Bro and Big Toto and Jiji. Especially Jiji. God, I hope Mesec gave her my message—actually, I don’t know about that. Did I want her knowing how hard I sucked? I was a wreck when the Gods gave me this body (I’m still not quite used to). How could I have faced her, as defeated as I was? I had no choice; I had to get out of there.

Okay, sure. No matter what I did, I sucked. Cool. Glad we worked that out.

Anyway, I caught Jiji’s scent, and it made no difference to me, and I continued to graze as though she were nothing more than a poignant, painful, beautiful memory I was enjoying in the privacy of my own privacy….Erm. Yeah. At least, I enjoyed her memory until she spoke to me—

”Ros”

--and I flipped the fuck out.

I jumped; I shrieked like a little girl (shut up); I bolted to my right, ramming my shoulder into a nearby old-as-ass oak that was probably laughing at me and my horrible luck with trees. I bounced off with an “oof”, and suddenly I was face-to-face with Jiji, the real thing, the genuine article, the honest-to-freaking-God flesh of Ranjiri, daughter of Ktulu the Contrictor, Resident of the Foothills, my best fucking friend and my sister and my little cousin, and I—

--I was speechless.

I mean, look at her! The last time I knew her, she was a tiny tot, a little spit of a filly—which, more than anything, was the reason why I left. I had been a little spit right along with her, and the Gods changed that on that fateful night of darkness. It tore me apart to watch Jiji sleeping like a baby, because she was a baby, when every nerve and muscle and instinct told me I should be sleeping like a baby too, but no, I was in this huge-ass-almost-adult body that didn’t fit, but I had to make it fit, and it was too much (too much) and I had to….I had to get out of there.

But NOW?

Jiji was nothing but leg—golden leg, graceful leg that supported a fuller, deeper, curvier body with a mane and tail that cascaded around her, behind her, on top of her like silk draped over a trove of obsidian. Like I said, I was speechless; not because I had nothing to say, but because I had no breath left with which to say it. Jiji had taken it away; Jiji and all her POW in my kisser and all the memories that surrounded her like a perfume; heady and intoxicating. I was thoroughly shamed; I didn’t know what to say, how to say it, what she would want to hear from me. She knows I suck. She must know that.

So I said, “You’re….tall. And yeah, okay, whatever, shut up, my voice cracked a bit. Bite me.

@[Ranjiri]
Roskuld</style>

ranjiri

I didn't mean to scare you, honest to god I didn't and I felt bad that I did, but I couldn't help but grin. You never did have luck with trees. I think I was in the same boat as you, shocked at just how much you'd grown up and completely lost as to what to say. I just couldn't believe that you were really there. Roskuld in the flesh and blood. My flesh and blood. I felt like my heart would burst from my chest and flop across the ground to you because you were really real and not just some made thing that my mind created to keep me from being lonely. And you were so grown up. I always knew that you would be pretty but I never thought you would be so strikingly beautiful.

When you finally spoke I laughed quietly. "So are you." Though you might have been a little bit shorter than me you were still a lot taller than the last time I had seen you, but the last time I had seen you it was when we had settled down to go to sleep. When I woke up you were gone and no one knew where you had gone. If they did no one would tell me.

"Its... its been a while Ros." I shuffled my hooves in the leaves and flicked my tail. I never was good at hiding when I was nervous but I don't know if you even picked up on that because we hadn't grown up together like we should have. I spent a long time bitter about that, Ros. And I spent a long time going on 'adventures' out of the Foothills just to see if I could even catch sight of you somewhere. I spent a lot of time in trouble with Momma and Bear because of that and I didn't have a damn thing to show for it.

"Where'd you go?" I couldn't control the tremor in my voice as I spoke. "You didn't even tell me bye." I blinked my eyes, stubbornly refusing the tears that suddenly stung them to spill over dark lids and slide down my face. I didn't want to be sad now that I was face to face with you. I didn't even want to be happy. I wanted to be as angry with you as I was when I figured out that you had left me.

I guess I'm a little too soft hearted.

I guess I love you a little too much.

@[Roskuld]

Credits

aud pixel!

He laughter should’ve made me smile; it should’ve warmed me up like it used to when we were kids, where I’d do the stupidest shit to get her to laugh at me, with me, whatever laughter I could tease out of her. But now? I was still frozen. Things were tumbling inside me, falling, crushing, rolling around, making a mess of things.

Hell yeah, it’d been a while. Too long—much too long. I felt like I’ve grown a hundred years since I last saw her; after the monsters and the desert and the whole god thing, a thousand things had been planted in my mind, and my focus was just destroyed, and Jiji…didn’t have a place in that. The thought of it made me feel sick; all this time wandering around with no idea what to do with myself, and very little of it had been actually spent thinking about Jiji. She meant more to me than that—I swear she did!—but I suck, I suck and my brain can’t work so many things at once. It made me sick to know I had pushed her to the back burner.

My chest—it was crushing in on itself watching her. Because I still knew her body, as long and glamorous as it had gotten. I knew the anxiousness in her stance, the way she sat awkwardly in my presence, this awkwardness that I hated because we weren’t’ supposed to be awkward in each other’s company, but now we were and it was horrible. My mouth still wouldn’t work; my voice was dead; I should’ve been explaining things, I should’ve been easing the chill in the air, I should’ve been being responsible, but no, I was standing there dumb, watching Jiji fumble about with her voice and her obvious sadness and—

--oh jeez oh no, stop Jiji, stop, don’t cry because of me. I knew her body too well, I could see the mist in her eyes and hear the failing in her voice, and oh god oh jeez I was making her cry, this was too much, I can’t—no, Jiji, holy gosh I’m so sorry—

--and I still didn’t know what to do; I awkwardly rocked on my feet, taking a step toward her, taking a step back, because I wasn’t sure if getting closer would make it hurt more, if she even wanted to touch me after I turned into the kind of bastard I was—

--but somewhere in there I had found my voice. “No,” I was saying, my mind a whirl of panic and my chest absolutely destroyed in the pain I was feeling, “no, no, no, no Jiji, don’t cry, don’t cry because I suck, I’m sorry, I’m sorry Ji!” I took a step toward her, and stood my ground. “Jiji….I…couldn’t handle it. I’m sorry, I told Mesec to tell you how much I actually suck balls, but the honest truth was that I panicked.” I didn’t know how she’d feel hearing this from me—so I told the truth, the honest truth, because that’s what I did with her. I always told her the truth. “When I woke up and the gods had given this…body to me, I got scared. I saw you, and you were still tiny, and I felt so—so confused—so angry—I didn’t want you to see me like that. It was—it was ugly, and I’m sorry I couldn’t’ help it, I should’ve been stronger—“

I took another step toward her, trying to ease the pressure in my gut that was trying so hard to destroy me. “Don’t cry,” I said, softly, and it was probably the tenderest thing that had ever let slip from my lips, but I didn’t care. This was Jiji and I didn’t care, I couldn’t care because Jiji was crying and it was my fault and no matter how fucked up I was as a demi-god, this was one thing I was going to set straight, dammit.

“I’m here now.”

@[Ranjiri]
Roskuld</style>

ranjiri

I didn't want to cry. It was the last thing I wanted to do, but your emotions never do listen to you completely. Just like I wanted to be angry with you all over again and I couldn't be angry. I could only be relieved that you were back and that nothing had happened to you. I wanted to be so angry with you, Ros. I don't think you'll ever know or really understand just how badly I wanted to be angry because being angry is so much easier than being nervous and sad.

And besides that, crying sucks.

I turned my head away from you and squeezed my eyes shut as you told me not to cry. At that moment I hated you for saying it because more tears flooded my eyes and it was impossible to keep them all in. I snorted and started blinking, trying to get the damn tears to go away but the more you said 'no' and told me not to cry the more and faster the tears came. I wanted to tell you to shut up, Ros, but it had been so long since I had even heard your voice that I was hanging on every word you said like it was a life preserver. If you stopped talking to me I would probably have drowned in the sea of tears that I had created.

Every word you said I listened to and I didn't pretend to understand how you felt when you woke up and had a grown up body. I'll never understand and I'll never pretend to, but I think you know that already. I managed to get a hold of myself and stop blubbering like an idiot when to took a step toward me but then you stopped and I wated, my tears betraying me once more.

"Don't cry." You told me again and finally, I was able to speak. "Stop saying that." My voice came out as a whimper when I hadn't intended it to and I hated myself for it. I didn't understand why I was being so emotional, but I gave up trying to control it. What use was it, anyway?

"I'm here now"

I coughed and smiled through my tears. "I know." My voice cracked, but thankfully it wasn't a whimper this time. By this time you had stopped talking and were just standing there so I moved and I didn't stop until I had hooked my neck over yours and pulled you against my chest. I figured if you weren't going to hug me that I was going to hug you.

@[Roskuld]

Credits

aud pixel!

What are you doing to me? I thought, watching her break in front of me, watching those tears roll from her eyes and feeling every rip and tear and crash they caused on my steel-toed heartstrings. You’re killin’ me, girl. You’re….no, maybe we’re killing each other. That’s it. Maybe we’re just bad for each other, like poisonous toadstools or something. Maybe I should leave you and save you from me, because all I do is make you cry, and all you do is make me hurt, and it’s ripping us apart and it’s—

--it’s so good to see you again, Jiji, goddamn.

I bristled a little though, when she told me to shut up. Even in this moment, so intimate and whatever, my inner ass-hat found a reason to emerge. “I wouldn’t be sayin’ it if you weren’t crying,” I said a little harshly, a little hiss on my lip, but it was a warm type of harshness, relieved almost….Like, I can’t tell you how it was exactly, because it was a secret type of husky voice just for Jiji and she could understand and that’s enough for me. I hoped she would understand, anyway.

She came at me, pulling me close to her, and my inner asshole arose once again; as her neck sucked me closer to her longer, fuller body, I reached with my own stubby neckline and attempted to pull her to me instead. It was a stupid, immature move of defiance, but it was an excuse to hold her fiercely; to touch her without fear of her recoil, to take her to me because that’s what I desperately wanted to do. Maybe she hated me; okay, I’d accept that. It would be a lifetime of pain and misery and unhappiness and all kinds of crazy pissy moods if Jiji hated me—but I could accept that, because I deserved her hate. She didn’t deserve the kind of treatment I had shown her—no, not Jiji, she didn’t need that, and she honestly didn’t need me. So if she hated me, that was cool.

But now? I let myself be a little selfish. I buried the side of my face in her mane, now so voluminous and thick enough to hide my nose and eye as I breathed in her scent. The scent was still Jiji—mixed with certain hormones, sure, okay, yeah, she’s grown up a little—but still Jiji. It was…aw man, what can I say? It was…pretty much the best thing that had happened to me since I woke up with this absurdly large and awkward body. I had to keep the tears from my own eyes (shut up), because two blubbering idiots in the forest wouldn’t do anyone good.

“….I suck,” I whispered against her, as though speaking into her skin, her fur, her body, speaking into her very essence. “I suck so much and I can’t help it, Ji. Could you handle that?” I closed my eyes; I continued to breathe her in. My head spun, and I guess I was getting a little drunk from her. “Could you handle a fuck-up?”

@[Ranjiri]
Roskuld</style>

ranjiri

“I wouldn’t be sayin’ it if you weren’t crying,”

You always did manage to find some kind of way to ruin a moment and you didn't fail to deliver did you, Ros. No, indeed not. You and your sudden reappearance and your harshness directed at me because I had asked you to stop telling me not to cry just ... it made me a little angry. I had been waiting for that anger to kick in since I saw you standing there grazing like you didn't have a care in the world or miss anyone that you left behind. "I wouldn't be crying if you weren't such a jerk!" I shot back and it was then that the temperament of my mother reared its ugly head verbally. My eyes narrowed and I snorted defiantly, daring you to argue against me, but we both know its true. You're a jerk.

I love you, anyway.

It was only because I love you so much that I still went to you and tried to hug you. I didn't get very far before I felt your neck hooked over mine and you pulled me against your chest. I could feel how strong you were. So much stronger than me. Sometimes I wonder if we were meant to be born to opposite parents. I mean ... Auntie Ophie is so sleek and tall and my mom is stocky and muscular. We're the exact opposite of our moms, but that's beside the point, I guess. Anyways, whatever anger I felt toward you diminished the minute you pulled me against your chest and I felt a little guilty for having called you a jerk even though I felt and thought it for a long time. It was easier to blame you for leaving than to try and figure out if I had done something wrong to make you leave.

Sorry for that.

“….I suck, I suck so much and I can’t help it, Ji. Could you handle that? Could you handle a fuck-up?”

"Stop it, Ros." I said as you insulted yourself. "Just...." I didn't know what to say and so I swallowed my words and just stood there pressing myself against you and feeling like I was finally home. I was confused, I'll admit. I didn't know what you meant by 'handling a fuck-up' but if it meant that you would be around I swore to myself that I could handle anything you threw at me, just as long as you didn't leave me again. "I can." I finally answered you. "I can because I love you, you dummy." You're my best friend. My sister. The other half of my soul.

Just don't leave me again.

@[Roskuld]

"."

Credits

aud pixel!

She called me a jerk, finally. She bit me with her fangs, poisoned me and my blood with her words and made my head spin a little bit more, because I laughed. I chuckled against her; it went into her mane and my shoulders shook with the force of it. Because I was happy she was fighting back, finally. Her attitude wasn’t tears, and it wasn’t breaking me to hear it. Besides, she was here, in my grasp, underneath my neck, even after acknowledging the fact that I sucked testiballs. Which proved that she didn’t hate me after all.

*“…I love you, you dummy.”*

No. I guess she didn’t hate me at all.

The laughter in me died down a little—but that was okay, because the contentment was still in my chest. I just sort of stood there, fully enjoying the moment I had with Jiji and all that it meant. I murmured into her mane, “You know I love you too, right?”, which were words that were just for her and that I usually wouldn’t admit to having said but right now I don’t give a crispy crackle because I was happy. And if it’s a moral crime for me to be happy instead of confused and panicked and agitated and pissed for once, then I’m just on first-class flight straight to hell. And it was worth it.

I let Jiji’s scent engulf me, let the memories flood behind my eyes, because I was gearing up for the inevitable. She told me not to insult myself—but what I was saying weren’t insults. They were cold, hard facts. I sucked, I sucked hard, and I was about to prove it at that moment as I pulled away from her, my eyes heaving, falling, falling. Because it was coming.

“….Look, Ji,” I said, my voice hanging low in dark, homesick forest, “It’s so good to see you again…and I’ll never leave you without a word like that again, cool? That was a dick move. I won’t do it again.” I tried to look into her eyes, passed all that golden mane she found somewhere; tried to see the Jiji I knew and loved, wondered if she would hate me now if she didn’t hate me then. My throat clenched—I didn’t want to say what I was about to say. But I had to say it, so. Ball up, Ros.

“I...can’t stay at home with you, though. I can’t—I gotta go, keep moving, keep exploring this land. I don’t want to,” I finally admitted, a confession I didn’t even know I had—but here it was, spilled right in front of Jiji like a toppled sack of beans, “I hate this, I hate leaving things and finding others and leaving them too. I hate not knowing what I’m doing. I hate being in this maze, Ji, it’s stupid and it’s wrong and it’s....cruel. I have to leave you behind again and it’s butt-fucking-dumb

I paused; an idea that I had been pondering for some time danced in front of my tongue. “Unless…?” I whispered, looking deeply into her eyes. My nerve failed me; I didn’t have the grapes to say what was floating in my head.

Unless you come with me?

@[Ranjiri]
Roskuld</style>

ranjiri

"You know I love you too, right?"

I did know it, but it still felt so good to actually hear the words come out of your mouth because I know you and that's just not something you say to anyone. I don't think you understood then or even now just how much it meant and how happy it made me. Even before that, the sound of your laughter echoing in the forest and resonating within my very being, brought a smile to my face and more tears to my eyes. Happy tears, mind you. I was still pretty thankful that you couldn't exactly see my face because you wouldn't understand it. I laughed along with you for some time, finally happy that I could let go of the anger I had felt toward you for leaving the way I did. I felt lighter and more free than I had in months.

But, you know what they say. All good things come to an end, and it certainly did. I think its a record for how fast the mood shifted from happiness to seriousness and sadness. When you pulled away from me and looked at me the way you did my smile faded quickly and I grew concerned. I knew in my heart that you would be leaving me again. Already. We had only just found each other again and we were already going to be separated. For what? Some sense that you were supposed to explore Helovia?

My eyes dropped from your face to the ground and I stared at it, willing the tears to not come again. I was already tired of crying and being a big emotional crybaby, but I guess that happens when you find someone important to you only to lose them again. I sucked it up, though. I took a breath and let it out slowly and lifted my head so my gaze found yours again. "Everyone's gone." I said, my voice flat. "Nuca ... Hototo." I corrected when it dawned on me that you might not know my brother as Nuca. "My Momma, your Momma, Circe, Archibald." I listed just off the top of my head. The herd that I had grown up in had changed and I didn't even know if I fit in there anymore. I felt like I was getting stared at and judged because my mother gave up her leadership and left the Foothills behind to start a new chapter of her life.

No, I knew I didn't fit in.

"Unless...?"

I didn't even realize I had looked down at the ground again, but when I looked up my gaze met yours and it was like I knew exactly what you were thinking. "Unless.... I go with you?" I asked.

@[Roskuld]

"."

Credits

aud pixel!

Something huge, black, and cavernous opened up in my chest, because my heart was done breaking and it would only break for Jiji anyway, so that was that. But something else was ruined in me regardless as I listened to her speak, hearing her describe how literally everyone and their mom had left the Foothills. Includingmy Ma. My Ma.

I was in free fall. Everything I stood on and stood for fell to pieces in that instant, because they were gone. Okay, maybe not everyone, but there was no denying that there was a great chasm where a good chunk of my childhood resided. I remember that fool Mr. Archiballs (I legit thought that’s what his name was when I was young and stupider, and it makes me laugh so I’ll call him that forever in my head) and I guess I sorta-maybe-kinda remember the dark Ms. CC, whoever she actually was. Whether I knew them or not wasn’t the point, though; they were pillars of my past, the background of my childhood portrait. They were there, always there. They were the Foothills--them and Ma and Auntie, all of them, they were the land that colored my life now and always. And they were gone?

Goddamnit.

It was a blow; I took a step back from Jiji, breathless by the news. My stomach clenched in a nauseatingly painful way. I swallowed; I swallowed again, looking up in Jiji’s eyes a little desperately. Yeah, I was desperate—maybe going a little crazy. Jiji can drive me nuts when she wants to, and maybe she didn’t want to now, but it was happening and there was nothing she could do to stop it because she was left alone, all alone, and there was nothing i could do stop it or change my Ma or my Auntie’s decision to leave her and it was cutting me up inside to know—

--to know I was about to do the exact same thing.

*"Unless.... I go with you?"*

“…Yeah,” I finally managed, something shaking in my voice and probably in my eyes too, “Come with me. We’ll…we’ll see this land, Ji. We’ll see more than some grass and some godawful sand or whatever the hell. We’ll see things and do other stuff and—Jiji,” I took a step closer to her, almost panting in my excitement, in my fear for her and my anxiety, “—I couldn’t stand it if I left you all alone, Ji. I just couldn’t. Ma and Auntie are gone and I know Big Toto left already and I just….I…” After that, I began to choke on my own helplessness. Because I knew I was a fuck-up—I had warned her of this, and she had accepted it. But it still left a grossnasty taste in my mouth to think about abandoning her again, even if I knew I wasn’t actually leaving her behind in my mind and spirit. What if something happened; what if I wasn’t there to protect her from some shit?

I would just break. To hell with the world and all who live in it, who need the Gods and their unwavering devotion. If something happened to Jiji and I wasn’t there to stop it, it would all burn.

@[Ranjiri]
Roskuld</style>

ranjiri

"...Yeah."

I actually felt like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders when you answered me and I couldn't help but smile. You actually wanted me to go with you instead of just leaving me home. I knew I would probably be a burden because I've never been a fighter like my Momma or Daddy, but I would do my best to not get in the way. And not to give you any reason to have to swoop in and rescue me like a damsel in distress, but we both know how some of our adventures turned out when we were foals. If anything we'd be rescuing each other from our own stupid mistakes. Its not like it never happened before, you remember the tree, don't you?

"Okay." I agreed, as if it would really take me long to decide. I would follow you wherever you went without question because you're my cousin, my sister, my best friend, and I love you. I was also getting a little worried about you because you looked like you were starting to freak out a little. You didn't have to explain why you couldn't leave me behind again, and I wanted to tell you that you didn't have to, but you have a way of drowning me out when you talk. So instead I just tucked your more muscular neck under mine and pulled you against me and just hugged you as tightly as I could against my thinner frame.

"I'll go with you." I said before releasing my hold on you so I could step back and grin at you like a buffoon. What did I care about everyone else leaving so long as I got to stick by your side once more? It was how it was supposed to be. How it should have been before we were robbed of it by the gods that had created you. "Just the two of us on the adventure of a lifetime!" I was excited and I could only hope that you were as excited as I was.

@[Roskuld]

ooc:// sorry, it's not that good :T

"."

Credits

aud pixel!