the Rift

[PRIVATE] Who is the Light and Who is the Devil?

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod

While perfectly capable of navigating his way through any mass of land or sea, Torleik had to admit he was a little off kilter at the moment. It seemed impossible to travel anywhere here without running into fools, crazies, or those who would sidetrack him without real reason. This irked him, greatly.

He was on a journey, and he wanted to make it to his destination. Was that too much to ask?

At the moment, he was somewhat turned around due to the tall grass he'd found himself in for the past two hours. At least he could tell time by the sun now, but it was difficult to get a good grasp of the landmarks he used to navigate, or to be sure he had gone in a straight line with this expanse of unbroken, undulating foliage. Annoyed, Torleik had put his head down and simply forged forward - because of this, he was highly surprised when he suddenly burst forth from the grass and found himself on a flat plain of ground that would have been ugly, had his eyes not immediately caught the glittering gemstones that lay scattered about in the clay-like soil.

His interest in this was short lived as he lifted his head and felt his throat close violently, his heart lurch in a vicious thud against his chest and his limbs go leaden with a dead-nerve tingle.

Fire.

So much fire.

He was paralyzed, rooted to the spot, glacial eyes wide and fixed on the eternally burning hole in the heartland of Helovia. Torleik could not properly summon his logic to tell himself what his eyes were seeing, that this fire was not spreading, that it was confined to the gaping hole in the ground.

His eyes were seeing what was in front of him, but the mental picture reel in his head was blocking such sensory input. In his mind's eye, he was watching his village burn. Torleik felt the heat from the fire - the real fire - and it burned so intensely, amplified by his scarred memories, made worse by the emotional pain the sensation summoned.

The screams in his ears - so loud, the crackle and pop of the fire, the roar of its consumption...

The stallion was utterly caught in his own personal hell, oblivious to any who might come upon him.

@[Seiren]

TORLEIK

"Put me back together or separate the skin from bone. Leave me all the pieces, then you can leave me alone. Tell me the reality is better than the dream - but I found out the hard way: nothing is what it seems!"

[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Seiren Posts: 43
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5
Adoptable

SEIREN

Your life means nothing to me.

Fire. It burns so effortlessly, destroying anything that dared to enter into its precious path. Like a spider waiting for its prey, it suddenly gets snatches you into an unbreakable web. It doesn’t wait for anyone; it just laughs as it watches everything cower in fear. But it’s so tempting to one's eye, that illuminating warm light…Almost as if it’s calling you, daring you to come just a little closer. If it catches you, it would slowly start to demolish the crisp skin, piercing into flesh that covered bone. Fire doesn't have feeling, emotion, or life it just...destroys. Destroys and demolishes what it can to contain itself. It spreads like an infection of venom and doesn't stop until the triangle is broken. Oxygen, heat, fuel. Those three things are all that fire needs to go in for the kill...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seiren regained herself from her thoughts. Her eyes were filled with the intriguing fiery light with the name of fire. The auburn colour mixing with shades of red and gold. Seiren flickes her silver tail against her hocks in agitation. She was annoyed because fire wasn’t a living thing, but it could be so intriguing. It was so quick to strike its power of death. The girl was jealous how fire could capture anyone’s presence with its intriguing comfort, but then could release its energy and that could be the end. Walking on the edge of the rugged terrain she wandered around the heart. Her dappled pelt appeared a reddish shade from the glow of the blistering lava. Seiren was tired of walking around; she wanted a secure place to rest. The fae had to keep moving because of mercenary groups and of course the Basin. She shouldn’t be seen by one of the Basin’s spies because then she might have the chance of d’Art finding her and keeping her as a prisoner in the Basin. She blinked suddenly realizing the surroundings had just changed drastically. “Just my luck” She thought to herself as she came to a dead end. The fae looked at the lava blocking her way to the other side. It was a wall and there was no way she would be able to get over it, unless she was a Pegasus. Taking a deep sigh, she turned around walking away from the edge and started on her way to find a different route around.

Pink lips purse together as the silver enters the presence of black. Lively flames dance in the air seeming to laugh at her obliviousness. Who is that? She wonders to herself. Walking towards him, she notices that he is a superior; A unicorn. Actually he has not one, but two horns. Very nice. A sly smile cracks upwards in her maw as she approaches the black stallion, keeping a fair amount of distance. “Intriguing, isn’t it?” She says smoothly, listening the flames scream in her drum.

{Sorry, I kind of used a recycled post but tweaked it xD}
Seiren talk blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

[Image: tablesei.png]

Torleik’s head snapped around, eyes narrowed to dangerous slits, shards of cutting icy blue. He had not heard this female approach; she could have been watching him for some time now, sizing him up, waiting for the right moment to strike.

Why speak, then? his mind offered and the stallion grunted in annoyance. Logic did not have to precede an attack. He had been in enough battles to know that. This female had asked a question, a question that offended him. ”Intriguing, isn’t it?”

“No,” he answered, his voice borderline harsh. “It is a blight. A useful element always hiding murderous intentions.” Torleik wondered if this mare was the same. She was an interesting color with what reminded him of the outline of a painted shield around her horn. “What brings you to this slice of hell?” he asked slowly. He had not moved, and would not move, a single step closer than where he currently was. All he had wanted was to visit the gods. His nomadic and loyally worshipful spirit had wished to make a pilgrimage and this was where he ended up. Mentally, he snorted at the realization he had ended up in a place that reminded him of the one time in his life his faith had wavered while on a journey to strengthen that selfsame faith.

Goddess, why do you test me so? Have I not always been yours to command? Yours since you touched my horns on the eve of my birth?

TORLEIK

"Doubt is a pain too lonely to know that faith is his twin brother."

No man is an island.

Outcast
Adoptable

SEIREN

Her orbs glimmer with the fiery reflection, intrigued by the stallion’s words, but bothered by his glare. Ears prick forward by the sound of his unfamiliar voice. Seiren was just like the fire, daring, but deadly if you got too close. At least she liked to think of herself in that way. The dark stallion’s grunt made her feel uneasy and she her ears pinned backwards in frustration. How dare he act so annoyed? She liked to wear a mask in which she would hide her emotions behind it. So, faking a kind smile, she bite her lip so that she did not bare her teeth. Flicking her tail nervously, in the shape of the crescent moon, the silver threads now appear tinted with shades of crimson and amber. Her attention lay upon this charcoaled stallion, but he did not seem to be paying attention to her. He just stared. He started into the endless fire of hell. But then she remembered even though he did not look at her after his pleasant, he did indeed speak.

“Oh” She hissed back in response. “I see.” No need to get snippy she thought to herself. But she bit her tongue before responding. To why he was being so agitated she did not know. It was not like she planned on him being here. No. He obviously was here for a reason. But the thing for her was, she did not have a home. This unknown steed probably did. Her dark orbs traced his body, examining him. “To an extent, I do agree that the fire has murderous intentions... It was a clever observation” Her voice was normal now. And this time she gave a true smile. Nothing too big, but it was just nonchalant.

“Do you really care, or are you just making small talk?” She asked plainly. Her orbs searched for his gaze once again. She wanted to see his eyes so she could tell whether he wanted her to leave or not. “But if you truly do want to know, I don’t have anywhere else to be, so I just wandered here.” She smoothly said. “Why are you here, uhm?” She questioned him because she did not know his name. She figured she would make up own name for him since he did not seem to want to let her know. Although he did not know her name either. "Grumpy?" Seiren called in a playful, but sarcastic tone. Grumpy, she thought to herself with a smirk. The nickname definitely fit the this tensed stag.

{Red I am so sorry that this reply took forever! :/}

@[Torleik]

Seiren talk blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

The mare's agitation registered on the periphery of his senses and his sense of decorum attempted to rein his behavior in. He had offended her when he disagreed with her observation of the fire, he could hear that in her voice. A small frisson of guilt died quickly in his chest, still too ensorcelled by the undulating, serpentine motions of the fire in front of him. Torleik missed her forced smile, only culled from the flame's grasp when this mare's tone suddenly turned normal after a compliment. Her smile was small, but genuine.

What?

He felt like he'd just missed part of a secret signal. Focused on the female now, confusion overcoming his fire-terrors for the time being, Torleik's brows furrowed over glacial blues. "If I didn't care to know, I would not ask," he returned, ears angling back a little in annoyance. This mare was...unpredictable and blunt. Did he like that?

For some reason he was not privy to in her head, her eyes locked with his and Torleik gazed back bemused but intrigued. The stallion certainly did not vehemently desire her departure; he didn't particularly wish anyone to witness him in this state, but she was becoming a very welcome distraction. One that he needed. Needing others was not something he was wholly comfortable with but he silently clung to this dark mare for what it was worth, letting her bring him out of his dark place.

Her admission that she had nowhere else to be, thus she came here - he could not comprehend that. "Why in the nine hells would you come here?" he asked, incredulous, his words mirroring his thoughts. She queried as to his purpose for being here and in the brief pause between her sentences, he intended to answer. However, she followed with a playful, teasing moniker, and Torleik's brows drew up and together in amused surprise. He couldn't help but give a short laugh; her comedic timing had been flawless, and the 'grumpy' delivered with just the right amount of coy sarcasm.

Fine, then, he thought, returning her smirk with a lesser one of his own. Let her call me that. "I was informed the shrines to the gods are around here. I was going to visit them." Torleik's eyes looked over her once again and he swished his tail in something that was akin to anticipation. "Why haven't you anywhere else to be, Bullseye?" he rumbled, aware that was probably not the first (or hundredth) time she'd been called that, be it suited his purposes just the same if this was to be a code-named sort of encounter.

@[Seiren]

TORLEIK

"O woman!- In our hours of ease, uncertain, coy, and hard to please, and variable as the shade."

No man is an island.

Outcast
Adoptable

SEIREN

Intriguing he was, yes. But, he was very stubborn and to an extent Seiren liked the broad personality he portrayed and also disliked it. It reminded the silver very much of herself in a way that she was kind of an aloof soul. And for some reason her dark, enchanting orbs, were searching for his gaze. They traced towards his horns and his white striped markings that ran across them. When their gaze met Seiren could not decipher a feeling, but she knew that somewhere along the lines, they could possibly get along for this moment being. A sly smirk arose on her soft features. However, she indeed was a stealthy one. If someone tried to get too close to finding out the true her and the haunting secrets which lie beneath her skin, then she would shun them. There is no explaining her past; it just haunts her every second. She does not need reminding of it, and Grumpy was the perfect distraction to release her of those thoughts.

As his brow rose in bewilderment, Seiren watched. Again, his low toned voice rang to meet her drum. The girl’s ears, tipped forwards, intrigued. But now, more than ever, he seemed agitated and she could feel a tense between them. Or maybe it was just her, but Seiren did not know how to reply to that statement. She just simply swished her tail, like a crescent moon, briefly to show that she did not care if he wanted to know or not. She was just asking a question. Most others do not really care whether she was there or not. She was like the passing of fog. Something a soul walks through and cannot see the rest of the world momentarily. They know it’s there, and its blocking their vision slightly, but the soul ignore it anyways. But the dark stallion was not ignoring her. Even though he seemed to be agitated, he still returned the gaze and attention. Seiren did at least appreciate that.

“"Why in the nine hells would you come here?"

Why in the nine hells do you ask so many questions? She responded in her mind. Flicking her orbs towards him once again, she let out a small sigh. “Because,” she paused, not losing his gaze. “I don’t have anywhere else to be, so why not?” Her gaze fell and she looked towards the fire. She absolutely dreaded living alone, but this was the lifestyle that she was used to. All she needed was food and a temporary shelter and she was good. But, Seiren did not realize how desperate she really was for comfort.

His chuckle snapped her back towards his gaze. She too let out a brief chuckle, glad that Grumpy was not mad about her little joke. But then, before she realized, that he too was calling her a name. Perfect. Just the perfect way to get back at her. Seiren grinned, nodding her head, as she appreciated his comedic statement. “Touché, Grumpy,” She smirked Touché.” A grin plastered on her face as in “it’s on ram!”

Seiren was truly now enjoying his company, but wanted to disregard his question. However, she chose not to disregard it. “I do not have a family or a herd so I roam in the wilds to survive on my own.” Keeping this statement casual, she was not looking for his sympathy. Actually she was not looking for sympathy at all. Seiren wished that he would just ignore it, honestly. He probably did not even care anyways, so the fae was not worried. “Yes, that’s right,” She admitted to the stud. “But now, you are in the heart of Helovia. I believe what you are looking for is the Veins of the Gods.” She looked towards him now holding his gaze. “If you really want to go to the veins, I have no problem in showing you where it is since you’re not quite close to it...” Her voice was quiet and simple. She had no problem in showing him where the veins were. In fact she would not mind at all.

@[Torleik]

Torleik felt he was being appraised as this mare’s gaze slid over him, searching, inspecting. Did he mind? Did she like what she saw? Did it matter? He watched her expressions and tried to read her, their eyes locked. She was hiding. He could tell that much. It wasn’t hard to tell, really, those who put on a mask. It was always just a hint too frigid, a touch too happy, a fraction too indifferent. Had he known directly she didn’t want him to get too close, his curiosity would have been aroused even more; Torleik wondered why others hid themselves so thoroughly, why they buried their souls so deep under a mountain of lies and falsehoods that even they forgot who they really were.

He understood being reticent, being taciturn, being aloof. He understood neglecting to share particular details about the past because you weren’t sure you wanted this new acquaintance to know or you weren’t sure your lover would accept you – but neglecting to share the whole of a person? Of an entire being? It baffled him. It meant every interaction, everything that happened was a lie. Nothing was real. No reality that horse existed in could ever be true. That she swished her tail when he provided the answer that he would not have asked if he didn’t want to know told Torleik more than she thought. She was alone, pretending to be an island, and she wanted someone to care – but they shouldn’t dare show it, lest she cut them with their own foolishly weak emotions. The stallion had seen it before in broken males and females: the desire for love and overwhelming fear of it by the same turn.

Torleik wondered what had happened to her to make her this way. What evils had been perpetrated on this attractive mare to push her to that place? He would likely never know. She answered that she had nowhere else to be, so why not be here in this godsforsaken pit of hell? “You have a strange sense of ‘why not’,” he murmured, amused. A worried thought took him, then, and Torleik felt anxiety crawl up his spine again – but not for himself. Why not be here, if indeed her life was so desolate? That fiery maw in the ground had likely claimed more than one equine. Would it soon claim another? Surely she was not here for something so dark. Still, the thought that he might be preventing a life from ending would not leave his nagging mind, and Torleik vowed he would walk out of this place with her either in front of or beside him.

She called him Grumpy and he snorted, chuckling at her insult. Returning the favor, she seemed pleased and he gave her a handsome, lazy half-grin. Her answer about family resonated deep within his muscular chest and he dipped his head for a moment. “I am sorry,” he said softly. “I know what it is to lose everything like that.” He paused, assessing her. “I also know it’s the loneliest thing in the world, hiding and waiting to be found,” Torleik rumbled, cautiously offering a sense of companionship through those words. Being alone was sometimes necessary, but one should never feel they had no one if they needed someone. This strange, interesting mare offered to show him to where he intended to go, and remembering his earlier vow, he nodded in assent. “I would appreciate the guidance,” he admitted and focused on turning. Picking up each hoof felt like hefting the world, and his tail swished momentarily in an attempt to expel his stress. He would follow this mare, even if she intended him harm. At least he would be comforted by the knowledge that she was still breathing, thinking and feeling.

TORLEIK

"It's hard to say that I'm back on a straight line. You see, my path is, in fact, just a fault line. It's in my blood, it's in my lungs and it won't die."

No man is an island.