the Rift

It gets crisp in the fall [Open]

Autumn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
 photo d7216b9f-6c2e-4abe-8c0d-dc43d31e73e4_zps9afabf0f.jpg

An eye for an eye only makes the whole world blind

The normal frost of the morning she had grown used to had turned to a moist dew, coating her dark hooves as she traipsed slowly through the dense forest. Faint light from the rising sun filtered through the canopy of green. Autumn breathed in heavily, taking in the beautiful scent of soil and moss. The early breeze grabbed at her dark coat and danced with her mane. Ferns and tall grass brushed against her long legs as small animals scurried away from the vibrations of her steps. Audits forward, she was very attentive. Despite her pleasant surroundings, Autumn grew more restless with each stride. She couldn't help it. She had been on edge ever since she ventured off from her group a few weeks ago. She had no idea where she was and she scolded herself for not enjoying it. Any other day, this journey would be a blast to her. Things tend to change when you get to be on your own.

She advanced her pace to a lofty jog. Her hooves carried her carefully forward, dodging rocks and leaping over fallen logs in her path. This seemed to occupy her mind. She subconsciously started gaining speed, lifting her knees higher and aiming towards larger logs and divots in the earth. She put in more effort needed to clear the obstacles, but a little bit of fun shouldn't hurt. She kicked out her back legs in a swift motion, tearing dirt upwards with her. Coming to a gradual deceleration, she inhaled deeply a few times for her respiratory system to catch up with her. She had forgotten about potential dangers for a few minutes and it helped her hold off anxiety.

Nearing a narrow creek, the mare stretched her way over to the edge of the soothing water. Scanning the environment first, she dipped her head down to sip the refreshing water. It went gently and she snorted softly in satisfaction. Her little flare of energy reminded her of the older days when she would follow her father closely through the forest. She always remained on his heels as they dodged random trees and leapt over small, narrow streams. He would lead her through different trails that all let out at the same enclosed, peaceful meadow. Her favorite time to go on those adventures was when the ground was covered with a thick blanket of snow. As a yearling, she was just able to conquer the struggle of bounding through the frosty powder. On their breaks she would stick her nose right down into it and plow in circles, confusing her sire to great measures. Fading back to reality, her deep mahogany optics stared straight forward, observing far into the trees. What am I going to do?, she thought to herself.

--

Autumn
Mare
16.1hh
4 years old

Solace Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Equine :: 16h :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

Solace

I'm ashamed that I'm barely human
I'm ashamed that I don't have a heart you can break
I'm just action and other times reaction

Solace had found himself yet again upon the Threshold’s soil. For this was the only place he could come to, to rebuild his home. The Foothills needed new recruits, and he knew this was something he could do to contribute to the herd. Loyalty was shown through action not words, and Solace was trying his best to prove to his herd that at least he was trying to strengthen the crumbling herd.

The morning had proved unsuccessful in finding newcomers to the threshold. Unsure of what to do with himself, the giant pushed on. Morning dew soaked the tips of his feathered legs, and the occasional strand of his long tail. Carefully he flicked the hair from his face and gave out a relaxed sigh. His eyes looked about, hoping to bring in the sight of a new creature.

A hint of a frown crossed over his lips when yet again no one came into sight. The efforts of searching were proving to be fruitless it seemed. Solace still had to remind himself the day was only beginning, he would be out all day if that is what it would take for him to find a wanderer of some kind.

Shifting his gait, Solace moved at a smooth trot. His hoof beats were muffled by the grass beneath his feet, but still some sound permeated his surroundings. If any creature was near, there was a reasonably good chance they would hear him.

As his legs carried him forward, the scent of a stranger filled his nostrils. A feeling of satisfaction washed over him. It appeared that his searching did not prove to be waste of time. It was especially uplifting with it still being morning. Solace found the stranger by a narrow creek. Like most, she was smaller than him, but at least he didn’t tower over her, and she also had a certain youthful glow about her. This appeared to be a promising potential recruit.

Solace cleared his throat, alerting the mare of his presence. He would keep his distance in case the mare felt threatened by a strange stallion emerging from the woods. “Greetings Sister, I am Solace.” His tone was gentle. “I apologize if I startled you."

He questioned internally whether he should thrust out the invitation to the mare, but is better judgment screamed no. Learning her name first held priority. Not only that, he needed to figure out whether this mare was truly suitable for life within the Foothills.

“If I may so bold, but can I ask what your name is?” He dared to take a small step toward the mare, but was still careful to not get too close to frighten her on the chance she felt threatened by his presence.
"Speech”

Unregistered

The breeze carried a faint and foreign scent to Autumn's nostrils. She thought it would be wise to scan her surroundings, but before she could turn her head, a calm and modest voice cut her short. With a considerate greeting, the stranger revealed themselves from the shield of the trees. Autumn pivoted to face him. Her orbs scanned the stud from front to back. He was slightly taller than her and he wore gallant feathers on his lower legs. She noticed how durable he looked. How durable Solace looked. His name had registered in her mind after a few delayed seconds. He introduced himself very politely and she respected that. He seemed to have intelligent and sweet eyes. She felt like she was pushing herself to trust him because of the first impression he had made.

She watched him take a small footstep in her direction after asking for her name. This didn't seem to bother her. In fact, she felt a little pang of excitement. She hadn't come across anyone in a few weeks and this encounter with Solace brought her a bit of relief. Of course, this naive trust could be a negative thing, but she decided to push that feeling aside. She responded to his question with smooth and enthusiastic words. "Hello, Solace. Don't worry, I'm fine. My name's Autumn. What brings you through these parts?" She flashed Solace a sincere smile, hoping that he was as friendly as he came off to be.

Her ebony tail flicked at a few gnats that thought her flank was a choice landing spot. Her mind searched for a conversation, but she found difficulty in thinking about an interesting topic before she knew Solace's next words. She was curious about him. She always found things to ponder over when meeting someone new. Bowing her crown slightly to him, she wanted to give off the illusion that she was putting her guard down. That way, he'd hopefully be open to more discussion, but she'd be ready to react if he turned his identity around. Her gaze met his and she perked her ears forward inquisitively in his direction.

OOC: Sorry it took so long to respond! School, field hockey, and riding are my excuses :/

--

Autumn
Mare
16.1hh
4 years old

Adoptable

Solace

Solace committed her name to memory. Autumn, it was a nice name and it suited the mare’s coat color. He studied her body language for a long moment, and assumed her words ‘it’s fine’ queued the fact it was alright for him to approach. He would close the distance between them before answering her question. He viewed this as his chance to make extend his invitation to his home.

”To those whose reside within Helovia, this place is known as the Threshold. Many of us come here to seek newcomers to our land and extend them the offer of a home within our herds.” He paused for a moment, to collect his thoughts and allow the mare to process what he was saying. It may be a bit overwhelming to have a random stallion emerging from the forest and offering a ‘home’ to her. He wouldn’t blame her at all if she felt suspicious of him, he himself had felt suspicious of those that had first emerged from the forest when he himself arrived at the threshold. This mare was fortunate though, unlike when he arrived it wasn’t he dead of winter or even night time for that matter.

If the mare decided to move on from the Threshold alone, he knew there would be plenty of food and shelter for the time being. But he hoped she would at least consider his offer of a home. The Foothills would most definitely accept her, there was no doubt in his mind of this act. She seemed to have a good demeanor, and was reasonably strong. Two things that the Foothills desperately needed.

“You see, I hail from a place called the Foothills, where my herd, The Grey resides. We are a family, closely knit together and passionately loyal.” He continued on, “I myself was a vagabond with no home, and once I entered here I found my home within the Foothills. Our current leader Apollo found me within this very threshold and recruited me. I myself am a warrior, but you do not have to follow the path of war. I know we have diplomatic positions and I believe you can even be trained in the healing arts.” He paused for a very long moment, “I came here to offer this home to you, Autumn, if you wish to come. I know this a very sudden offer as well, do not feel obliged to accept, but I believed it only fair to put my intentions for my being in these parts.”

Hopefully the mare wouldn’t be offended by his approaching, he never knew what to expect from others when he came out into the threshold. It wouldn’t surprise him in the slightest if someone could somehow find offense by his words.
"Speech”
OOC//
It's all good. Sorry for the crappiness of this post.

Unregistered

Autumn's attention was directly toward Solace, her ears pointed in his direction and his words wrapped around her mind. She had wandered into Helovia. A whole different area she had never discovered before. Maybe it was fate that brought her to the section of the newcomers. Maybe it was instinct. Either way, she somehow found her way into an opportunity for a new life. She almost wanted to ask to follow him, but how ridiculous does that sound? Her mother would nip her for being so trustworthy, but she decided to take the risk anyhow.

Her thoughts were interrupted by Solace's amiable voice. He revealed his herd and their location to her, giving her another reason to trust him. He was gradually showing her that he wasn't an enemy or predator. She also found a way to relate to him because he had been in a similar situation once. She was grateful for his invitation. It all sounded wonderful. Within The Grey there is loyalty, passion, and bonding. On top of that, there are plenty of different herd positions. What really caught her attention was when he mentioned healing arts. It sparked an interest in her fairly quickly. Would that be the passion that she pursues? The thought of helping others and being important to a group delighted her. Her eagerness showed in her expression. Her face lit up and she took a few prancing steps toward Solace.

"I'd be more than happy to join you and your herd. I'm sure the Foothills are a beautiful place to live. I also feel that loyalty is one of the most important virtues of life and survival and I'm willing to commit myself to this."She nickered amicably and dipped her crown in acceptance (and it wasn't supposed to be an illusion this time).

The sun's rays found their way to her dark coat and warmed her body. She inhaled deeply, taking in the multiple scents around her. "Thank you, Solace. I do appreciate this." She couldn't help but to be kind. What if he was trying to trick her? What if there was no "Foothills" or "The Grey". He could be making everything up, only to convince her to follow him to the perfect secluded spot for no one to ever hear a cry for help. He didn't show any nature of it, but it was still possible. Despite all of that, she was deciding to trust him. She was optimistic about her choice.

--

Autumn
Mare
16.1hh
4 years old

Adoptable

Solace

Solace noticed eagerness appearing over his features. His ears perked up as a hopeful expression crossed over his face, and then she moved closer toward him. Most of all he felt a sense of relief that this mare was received his invitation positively. A smile finally appeared over his face. The mare’s enthusiasm was a bit contagious, and he knew she most definitely would be a worthy addition to the herd. There was no denying the fact she had the very spirit that was needed to rebuild his home.

“I agree, loyalty and honesty are the two most important values to me.” He said dipping his head toward her, the smile still upon his face. “Without those two, you merely ruin the opportunities for relationships.” He flicked his tail and glanced out into the forest. It was still morning, so they would be potentially be able to get to the Foothills before it got dark. Such a wonderful thought sight the sun was, this mare arrived at a truly wonderful time The rebirth of so many different places.

Thank you, Solace. I do appreciate this.

His ears perked up at her words and he cocked his head slightly. It was not out of confusion, but rather curiosity. Honestly he hadn’t expected a thank from the mare, he himself had given no thank you toward Apollo when he had brought him from the Threshold. Solace had never been the type for thank you’s though, even if he believed himself to be relatively polite.

“You’re welcome Autumn,” Solace said dipping his head at her after he pulled himself from his thoughts and dipped his head at her. “I believe you will get along well with Apollo, our leader, and I’m confident he’ll like you. Come this way and I’ll show you to your new home.”

If he remembered correctly, those were the very words Apollo spoke to him before he led him back to the Foothills. Oddly enough there was something incredibly satisfying about leading the mare toward his new home, perhaps it was the fact he was helping his home, or maybe it had something to do with the knowledge that he was providing someone with a place to call home. He turned his body in the proper direction and gestured with his head for her to follow, but he made no notion of walking until she began walking herself.
"Speech”
OOC//
You can wrap up the thread and then I’ll make the acceptance thread on the Foothills, where Apollo will come and meet Autumn and get her formally into the herd.