the Rift

A Gift [Any God]

Xira Posts: 67
Up For Adoption atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 hh :: 7 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kye :: Red-Footed Falcon :: Read Adoptable

Xira had never been one to worship, and thus this was her first visit to the veins. She felt stupid and foolish going there at all, but the desire to help Andash was undeniable. Besides, what would one gift hurt? She had a chance to make him whole again, and she had half a mind and all a heart to do it. And so she landed with ease after a long flight, and let the night air swirl around her figure and seep through her curls as she stood in wait for a god. She felt silence envelop her and watched emptiness for quite some time before realizing that maybe she had to do something. Kye had landed neatly on a nearby boulder and was watching her with a wicked grimace. Ever since that night in the Throat with Andash she had felt the falcon judging her every movement. Perhaps it was jealousy that brought such hateful words into her mind; perhaps it was reason.

Still she stood at the foot of altars and looked up to the gods. She spoke loudly yet the surroundings seemed to muffle her voice. Everything was different here. "Gods, if you would answer my plea- I wish to grant the gift of flight to a friend," Xira called out, her peacock eyes glittering with starlight and a curious hesitation. She knew she was doing the right thing, the moral thing, but why?

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

One shrine begins to glow green, vines sprouting out of the ground and wrapping around it. "Admirable," a voice says from the stone, or so it seems. However, in the blink of an eye, there is a massive stallion standing behind it. His green eyes match the shade of the vines wrapping around his altar, a youthful smile glittering in each iris. Wrinkles surrounding those lively eyes tell of his true age, but otherwise you might think him a young stallion.

Two massive ram horns wrap around from his forehead, pointing upward toward his not so frightening eyes. The bay steps sideways, out from behind the altar, revealing his thick, feathered legs and wide black hooves. A gentle smile greets Xira, as well as an all too knowing expression in his face.

"Welcome, daughter Xira of the Dragon's Throat," he says, looking up toward her hawk sitting atop a boulder with equal warmth. "And Kye." Although he knows who she is searching for, the God decides to let her explain it. After all, maybe she would be able to recognize why she stood here, asking to aid someone else for the first time in her life.

"And why can your friend not fly? Is it an equine or unicorn? Perhaps, there is a defect of his wing?"

The God of the Earth appeared before her and she felt an immediate kinship that she never would have expected. Kye scolded her for believing in such nonsense as connection, with gods or mortals, but Xira pushed the falcon's words out of her mind for a time. As long as they remained in the veins, Kye would be silent; her bitter words had no place in this peaceful haven.

The great god greeted her by name and she felt a warmth spread through her. He had truly mastered free yet never alone- she envied him ever so slightly. Still, it was no time for such emotions. He asked her of Andash and she was inclined to reply, even if she'd no idea what to say on the matter. "Andash, a prospective soldier of the Dragon's Throat, was born with a defective wing. I ask that you would grant him a working one in its place, whether it be of feather or magic," she said with a low dip of her head and a respectful tone. It was strange to be so reserved, so unlike her, yet so fitting of the circumstances. Her light hooves shuffled nervously against the rock and she lifted her gaze slightly to meet his and take him in. What a grand and powerful creature he was- surely he could do this for her.

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

The God smiles, warmly, affectionately. He took quite a bit of joy interacting with the mortals who took refuge in the land of Helovia, even if they did not live within his homeland of the Foothills. This mare, who was painted with unique colors, seemed to take kindly to his company as well. He was glad for it. Underneath that now calm and demure face raged a spirit more fiery than his brother's, Father Earth thought as he watched her explain further.

A gift was something that he thought beautiful. The great stallion himself often gave gifts to the mortals, but normally they were not so quick to return the favor for each other. His heart warmed with this act of love, whether Xira was aware or not of what she was doing. "This Andash is lucky to have such a kind friend," he says, the voice of rumbling thunder. "I can reforge his wing, but I will ask you to collect the materials from which I will build." A little mischief played in the emerald eyes of the God as he watched her, waiting for her expression to change.

"I will need a suitable replacement for his bone, as well as something to make feathers out of and perhaps something like flesh upon which to anchor them. I work well with natural, earthen materials, but you may bring me whatever you think best," the God says, a sparkle in his voice. Let's see what she brings him. "Once you have the materials, you should bring Andash with you. I would love to meet this fellow, and fix his wing as soon as possible."

I wonder how she will think to reshape the one she loves.

Xira listened intently, forcing out Kye's persistent and petulant advice to simply turn, walk away, and forget about Andash and this god. The Falcon was poison; her advice was fault and her influence wicked. If there was to be any part of her that grew past this hostile nature, it would only suffer in the light of Kye's words. She shuffled her wings nervously as Kye sat stiffly and cast her a threatening glare. Nothing would soothe the Falcon's rage, just as nothing would turn Xira away from this task. Their bond was strong, but she knew when Kye was wrong, and she was then. She was sure of it- even if she'd never been sure of anything before, she understood that this was something she would have to follow through on.

And thus she turned away from the Falcon and looked up to the massive god. Yet before him she did not feel small, but loved. It was a wonderful feeling- she had a strange sensation of having felt it before. When he finished his instruction she nodded softly, and then spoke. "Thank you, God of the Earth. I will do as you ask," she replied. And with that, she waited in the dark for silence to fall and loneliness to come with the God's absence. She had much to do, much to think about, and for some reason she had a feeling that was exactly what the Earth God before her had intended.