the Rift

[OPEN] Mi Casa, es Su Casa

Apodis Posts: 39
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Eaglecry

Apodis

I've become much too good at being invincible, I'm an expert at play it safe, and keep it cool
But I swear this isn't who I'm meant to be, I refuse to let my life roll all over me...

The walk here had been somewhat slow, the Freja could have easily just taken to the skies and left him there. Changed her mind about it all, deciding that he wasn't worth it. Perhaps he always feared rejection a reason why he never showed much interest into finding love, or making a true friend. Everyone had to leave at some point. Just like he'd done to Rasta. That day still ate at his brain. Never would he ever forgive himself for that rash act. But she was here and wasn't that supposed to be a good thing? It would if he had spent time with her.. Actually he hadn't seen her for over a couple seasons now, since they had arrived. His once happy stature once now saddened by his thoughts, clouding his mind. How could he be so selfish?

It had been far too long since he had set foot in the Dragons Throat. After, upon arrival, he had met the little painted mare, Kahlua. The both of them had decided to go walk about around Helovia, getting into no end of mischief. Since then he had not been back home. As dark amber flints touched the sandy plain of the desert, a wave of nostalgia flooded through him, sending a shiver down his spine. At that he promised himself to not leave it so long before returning again. He'd found his way around Helovia now, it was time he made acquaintance with his home land.

Turning; once he was fully through the gate way, created in the wall, that would soon surround this area. He faced the mare that had followed him here, that same friendly smile twitched upon his lips. "Welcome to my Abode" He spoke with a proud way about this place, glad that he had chose here as his home lands. Hoping she would also. And as if on cue, the heavens opened upon them both, unleashing the thick heavyset clouds. Rain drops fell almost as big as quarters. His pelt soaked in seconds. A childish laugh escaped his maw, as he then reared up into the sky striking at the air as the rain continued to fall. Waking up his senses, dancing under the rain.

@[Antiope]
"Talk Talk Talk"

image credits
table by whit
[Image: 525f791c057b6]64HP
[Image: 52878c6669a55]
Lines by bronzehalo

Antiope Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

This stallion sure was something special. Antiope had followed him all the way to this abode, which was - as she had predicted - a desert. The sand seemed to be endless, but by the horizon she could see something that looked like an oasis with a huge barren tree. This seemed nice. Only one thing made the peg suspicious and calmed at the same time - the wall. The wall was huge, surrounding the whole desert. Who had built this? It was a magnificent work and the mare's Mother sure would've loved it. Inanna had been crazy about building things to protect her poor Kingdom, or mostly, protect her. Selfish mare. She snorted, her head hanging low, but when the stag stopped and turned around to face her, she raised her head again.
"Welcome to my Abode."
So she had been right, this was the home. Did it have a name? It was too beautiful to not have one. Though the mare was soon distracted as the skies opened up above them and cried, letting stone-sized droplets splash against their coats. Antiope closed her eyes and shook off most of the rain. Not that it helped much, but she felt better. The peg's coat was even darker than before and her wings were soaking wet, which meant that she would not be able to fly until they were dry again.

"Uhm... Dear Apodis..." She said quietly. Her forelock was dripping wet on her nosebridge, almost glued to her dark coat. The silvery mane were wet as well and her tail almost dragged on the ground. She looked miserable.
"Does this abode have a name? And also... Can I take shelter somewhere? I do not like the rain very much." The mare said and shook her head carefully. The flower that the stallion had put in her mane was still there, but it was very, very wet.
Luckily it was still whole.
The mare sighed heavily and looked at the sky with her bronze and white eyes. Was it really supposed to rain when the seasons changed from Ánoikse to Kalokaíri? Maybe, but she was not very used to rain. It had been uncommon in Elysia as it only occured during Phthinóporo.

"I have one more question, dear sir. Why does it rain when it's supposed to be Kalokaíri now?" It didn't occure to the mare that they maybe didn't have the same names for the seasons, but to her it only made sense. Why have other names for them? Whenever the trees blossomed, it was Ánoikse. When the sun rose high upon the sky and it was warm, it was Kalokaíri. When the leaves falls from the trees, it was Phthinóporo. When the snow started to fall, it was Heimonas. Piece of cake, right?

ooc: The names for the seasons are Greek ^^ So I shall make it easier for you.
Spring = Ánoikse | Summer = Kalokaíri | Autumn = Phthinóporo | Winter = Heimonas
tags: @[Apodis]
wordcount: 470

"Antiope speaks."

Original coding by Aeolle || Picture credits