absolute. [open]

Leliel Posts: 55
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 9
ali

LELIEL</style>
 Art by Blu
 Code by Boom Boom</style>

Its dark and there's pain. So much pain it makes my stomach churn violently. I'm tripping and stumbling through a forest that is both familiar and unfamiliar. There are scents that I can somewhat recognize, but they're nearly impossible to pinpoint and identify under the heavy scent of blood. My blood. Panic squeezes my chest because I know that there are plenty of things that could and probably were tracking me. The only thing I can do is keep moving. Keep tripping over tree roots and branches that i cannot see. I'll never make it out. I'll never make it out.

Another branch trips me up and I fall to my knees, the rest of my body following shortly after. There was a layer of leaves to cushion my fall, but still my breath is forced from my lungs and I wince. That simple motion pulls at the deep cuts across my face, opening the ones that had barely begun to close. More blood oozes from them and drips into the leaves. I know I should get up, but I'm tired. I'm almost ready to resign to my fate. I always knew that I would die alone, I just always thought it would be on a mountain top in Janat, not laying in the leaves in the middle of some forest. I'd always held some hope that someone might care when I died, but there's no one. They don't care if I die. They want me to die.

The stubborn part of me revolts against the idea of going along with their wishes and I force myself to stand, swaying on shaking legs. I groan and let my head drop until my nose is brushing against the leaves. Its quiet in this forest. So quiet I can hear the heavy beat of my heart and the rustling of the leaves as my blood runs down my face and drips onto them. I can feel the warmth of the sun on my back and I know that the sun has risen, though I see only darkness. Darkness and their faces.

Their faces mock me. Its like they're burned into the back of my mind and no matter how I want to forget what they look like I can't. Just like I can't forget the first bite of pain when they made my eyes completely useless. For the first time I found myself longing for Muriel's company because I know she would give me some sort of comfort that I don't even deserve after the way I've treated her. "Muriel." Her name, barely a whisper, sounds loud in this forest.

ooc://
@[Muriel] and open to anyone else :D

NIGHT FALLS AND I'M ALONE.</style>

Muriel Posts: 54
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 6 Years 4 Months
Brit

image by pinksherbet @ flickr.com</style>

Sunshine pours down from the sky, and the damsel revels in it, soaking up every stray bit of warmth, though they are not hard to seek out. The Sun Lord has returned with a vengeance, and made up for his absence with the scorching temper he was renowned for, spreading it physically over the expanse of the Helovian territories with little favoritism. Luckily she was of lighter paint than those with darker canvases, and she wore her colors proudly as finally, at long last, they could be seen. Pale roseate bodice glowed light in the slowly fading summer colors overhead, healthy emerald blooms shuddering and dancing in reverence of the return of their supporting patrons, sending shadows dancing in varying shades of dark jade across her frame. Aureate ribboned legs stretch out leisurely ahead of her, brilliant fuchsia hooves shocking against the sunny patches that play in the fading light of the afternoon. Quad wings flutter gently, the sound resonating as a dove's in the quiet forest, accompanied only by the sound of her breathing and light passage, and various creatures prancing and darting about. Songbirds relay her passage in sweet, harmonious notes to their fellows, swooping down around her as if they somehow know she is kin.

The day is waning, but it is still summer and so the process is slow, and the jaded princess closes her eyes and lets her pace slow to a standstill. Concentrating, she feels every nuance of the wind, every shift of the world around her, and it's exhilarating. For so long, since foalhood, she'd been chasing hopelessly after Leliel. How much had she missed, transfixed as she was by that moody, mysterious colt? How much of Janet had she failed to experience because of her all-consuming love for him? She regretted not taking her youth more seriously, not discovering more of life all because Leliel had capture her heart; a butterfly fresh from her cocoon, one that spread gossamer wings in a cage built from her memories of him.

Everything is silent. And then...the most curious of sounds. It's a cacophony of sound, disastrous and piercing in her ears. Crashing, banging, shuffling and thudding. Her peace is shattered like a vase thrown in anger at a wall, and worry and fear shudder simultaneously down her spine. After all she's on her own now, and when did she ever grow out of her naive, innocent heart? Now, she doesn't have guardians to cry for to save her. Now, nobody would miss her if she were killed. But even so she cannot ignore a soul in distress, it's against her nature, and even if she's scared she steels her nerves and turns to follow the trail of destruction to the source of the horrible sounds.

She doesn't recognize who lies before her when she happens across them, crumpled and broken like a stranded sparrow, blood covering the electric azure markings she'd know anywhere. The blood makes her feel sick, the prone form pulling at her heartstrings like a child with the strings of a violin. Quivering pathetically, they're a sight to behold, and she can't control the gasp that rips from her throat like a dagger. Muriel almost cries out to ask them if they're alright, dark coral hooves striking out to run for them and help, when vocals she hasn't heard in seemingly forever smash her in the face with recognition. It's her name.

"Muriel."

And all at once she realizes- that's not some random aggrieved stranger. That is her beloved- or was he, anymore?- sprawled bleeding on the ground like a crumpled doll, and suddenly she feels sick. "Leliel," she whimpers, as if he has beckoned her from across the world in an instant merely by uttering her name. When had she last heard him speak it without annoyance or anger in his tone? She can't recall, and it only increases the bitterness inside of her, filed neatly under a tab just for him. But she remembers that distrusting, angsty colt from her childhood, recalls the staggering emotions she felt for him, and cannot leave him. "Oh Lele...it's going to be okay, I'm here, you're safe," she crooned, shamelessly dirtying her skin by kneeling beside him, choking and giving a soft whimper as tears began to flow easily down her cheeks upon seeing the state of his face. "Oh Leliel...what have they done to you..." she chokes, because god she loves him but he hurt her so badly...

"It's going to be alright, love, I know a healer, you remember her don't you? Her name is Onni, we met her once," despite the shake in her voice she drapes two of her wings across his back slowly, gently, pressing to his wounds with her flesh as she lays at his side to try and slow the bleeding. Her words are meant to calm and distract, bring his mind away from the pain, and all the while her heart rages on in a tempest of epic proportions. "I'm here, Leliel, everything is going to be okay...I'll make this better, I'll take care of you, trust me." Gods give her the strength to keep that silent promise.

MURIEL</style>
 in the night your heart is full, and by the morning empty.
but i'm the one who left you, you're not the one who left me.</style>

Hidden Account
ali

LELIEL</style>
 Art by Blu

"Leliel."

My head shoots up the minute I hear her voice and I wince at the head rush it gives me. "Muriel!" I call her name out desperately into the darkness that is now my whole world and I stumble forward again, my dark body bouncing off of trees, the bark tearing at tender skin. Branches slap across my face and I gasp in agony as the pain feels like it increases tenfold. It forces me to a stop where I am and I can feel my legs shaking, my knees threatening to give out under my weight and send my crashing to the earth once more, but I don't want to go down. I want to find Muriel, wherever she is in this god forsaken forest. I want more of the comfort she always offered me that I was too stupid to accept without thinking that she was mocking me. At this point I don't care if she mocks me, I just want someone real that I can believe won't hurt me like my own family did.

The point comes when i can no longer convince me knees to support my weight and I go down unceremoniously to the forest floor. Its quiet again aside from me heavy breathing and the distant rustling of leaves. It sounds like its getting louder, but my head is spinning. I'm no healer, but I'm guessing its because I lost a lot of blood. I think head wounds bleed more than any other wound, but I can't be certain. I've never had a head wound before. I never had to worry about bleeding to death. I've never experienced such acute physical pain. All the pain I've ever felt from home was mental and emotional, but I guess that wasn't enough for them anymore.

They had to ruin me completely.

My head has dropped low with my muzzle resting in the leaves by the time she reaches me and I can't believe it. The leaves rustle and I can feel her slender body as it lowers to the ground and presses against mine. I lifted my head enough to press my face into her neck and breathe in her scent. She's sweet and earthy and comforting and I'm a damned fool. "...sorry." I murmur against her pink flesh. At this point I'd give anything to just look at her. Muriel had always been pretty, even my stubborn ass could admit that. I wish she could have been the last thing I'd seen before my sight was taken from me. One last glimpse of beauty.

My breath is shaky and I know I'm just bleeding onto her, but I cannot make myself pull away. I want to soak up every ounce of kindness she can offer even though I don't even deserve to walk the same forest as she did. I can't help but wonder continuously what was wrong with me all this time. Maybe I wouldn't be such an asshole if I had just allowed her to be my friend instead of thinking that she had some secret motive. "Everyone else did." My subconscious screams and I cough against Muriel's neck. I wonder if she can feel my blood against her skin and feel just how badly my body is shaking.

"I'm sorry..." I say again and I can feel myself one step away from begging her for forgiveness, right there on the forest flood, but there is some shred of my pride still intact and I'm too tired now to speak more than just a few words at a time.

"It's going to be alright, love, I know a healer, you remember her don't you? Her name is Onni, we met her once."

I remember Onni. I remember being an ass to her and I remember Muriel dismissing the mare much in the same manner that my family dismissed me when I wasn't wanted. I cough again and refuse to move my face away from Muriel's neck as she tells me everything is going to be okay and promises to take care of me. I wonder if that's true.

@[Muriel]
@[Onni] and open to anyone else :D

Deceased
Brit

Like a blind kitten he calls out, a beacon for her to focus on as she plunges through the forestry to find the prone figure of her once beloved Leliel. Had Muriel ever been able to walk away from a person in need? She didn't recall ever doing so. Even if someone else had kicked around her heart carelessly, without having been born in the pale golden mists of Janet at her side, she never would have held a grudge strong enough to have ever left them to suffer. The gold edged up her leggings were ribbons wrapped around her heart, gold and pure despite the tarnishing of pain it had gone through. With love and tender care, those smudges could easily be erased, but the one who had helped put those marks there was lying bleeding against her side and truthfully...she didn't know what to do. Muriel was no healer, had done little to injure herself in any sever form aside from accidental stumbles and the one odd fall through the treetops. How could she save him, help him, when she could barely even help herself? Oh how the roseate princess despised her own helplessness, uselessness. What could she really do aside from offer a lovely, glowing smile? She was no fighter, healer, or spy. Useless. But she could not be useless, not now. Muriel was the only living soul around to help Leliel, and she couldn't afford to panic.

Mauled face was all her eyes could see, shredded flesh around his once beautiful sapphire orbs drawing her attention like some sick payment. For not looking hard enough, not staying beside him always. Whatever it was...Muriel likely deserved it. Even still she could not place the blame on his shoulders. Call it habit. There is nothing but the shuddering, wet breath against her neck, the warmth of his lifeblood against her gown, the whimper of his voice. Apologizing. What she intends to come out as a gentle laugh to try and comfort him instead wrings from her throat as a half-sob. Leliel never apologized, not for a single thing, and especially never to her. "Don't be sorry, Leliel. You have nothing to be sorry for..." and she presses close to him, drawing her chin against the curve of his neck carefully, keeping the male's obsidian form close to her breast. If she could share the strength of the organ beating in her chest, she would give as much as possible to him.

Wracking against her he coughs, blood seeping onto her coral coat, but she could care less about appearances. All she can worry over is how much he is losing, and presses firmly to him to try and slow it. It is all she knows how to do, and her mind is scrabbling for an answer, a solution. Quietly, meekly, he whimpers how he is sorry. Sorrow rakes across her insides like a sick, smug demon with nails of doubt and teeth of self-deprecation. "It is in the past. Hush now, please, you must rest. I...I have to figure this out..." Mulberry diamonds flicker across the landscape, heart pounding faster than the stroke of wingbeats of a sparrow trying to outfly a hawk.

Tilting her head high she calls out in her vocals, constructing a song of peril and need for aid, urgent and dire. She can maybe do this alone, but the thought is terrifying, and she doubts her own abilities. Her own strength. For years she has undermined herself, focusing more on making her life as happy as possible. It had worked, but now she had to rely on the substance of her soul, not the paths it had walked in her time. "If...if nobody else is around, love, you're...you're going to have to stand. I am here to help you, we'll get out of this okay? But I need to know, do you think you can walk at all, if we must? Lyrics are kept soft as she presses her muzzle to his matted hair, trying to stifle her worry, and tries to breathe.

MURIEL</style>

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!

Onni the Illuminant</style>
sunshine on my window makes me happy like I should be.</style>
Often, it is not unusual for Onni to be in the right place at the right time. This grace has been afforded to her more times than she can count, and the mare tends to believe this has everything to do with the Gods. When they are unhappy with you, much will be missed. However, because of her kindness and modesty, the shaman falls upon those who need her aid.

Much like would occur today.

The tobiano had left north a few days prior, finding herself rambling about in the forest for some time now. Why she had not just lifted herself into the air and flew home was beyond her, but in a few moments, she would be grateful for the art of lollygagging. When the sonorous call of Muriel rings from the trunks of the trees and dances in the air, the painted girl immediately lifts her head. The sound is distant, urgent, drawing, but also familiar. Cocking her head in the direction, the healer gives a shifted glance toward her songbird. Lyhty himself seems flustered by the musical sound of panic, but finally manages to produce a name.

Muriel. The pinkish hue immediately floods her mind. A beautiful girl, like an angel fallen from heaven. Onni immediately takes to a run through the trees, her wings brushing uncomfortably on the trees that she rushes past. Leaping over small shrubs, stumbling on a few roots, nearly running headfirst into trunks thanks to the massive blindspot of her skull's making - it all occurs before she sees the pair laying next to each other.

The color of night and the color of soft sunrises - Leliel and Muriel.

The shaman does not see the blood at first, but rather the pungent scent of iron floods her nostrils. Coming to an immediate halt, the girl who glows with sunlight is unable to brighten the world of Leliel by just appearing. That is when she notices them, the wounds on his eyes. The blood which streams down his face like twisted tears. A breath catches in her throat before the mare lets out a long sigh. "Muriel," her voice like soft winds. "Leliel."

Hoof steps bring her closer toward the pair, the painted girl walking softly to avoid alarming the stallion on the floor, like a broken bird. Lyhty chirps uneasily, fluttering forward to sing a soothing lullaby to the male. Perhaps in a drowsy state he will feel less pain, until the shaman knows what she is dealing with. Coming to stop before the nestled stallion, Onni lowers her muzzle softly and gently to touch his neck, breathing a warm welcome. Closing her sky eyes, the shaman feels for the wounds mentally, the sunlight in her blood sensing, feeling, gathering information.

"I do not believe I can restore your sight, Leliel," she says sadly, a soft spoken sentence near his ear. "But I can stop the blood and the pain."

The sun begins to shine more strongly through the canopy of the trees. Dapples cover the ground and the backs of the trio, glimmering with warmth. These small speckles begin to form little spotted flames over Leliel, illuminating the spaces surrounding them. Up and down the small fires begin to dance, swirling together to form a larger blaze which snakes its way up his darkened neck, the shaman's eyes closed in concentration still. The white gold fire swirls around the now vacant eye sockets of the stallion. The blood begins to dry and burn clean, leaving the ebony pelt of the stallion clean where it touches. The vessels torn open close, the skin sewing its injuries shut.

Painless but warm, uncomfortably warm perhaps, but the strange dance lasts only a few moments before the fires die, returning to normal speckles upon the body of the ebony brute at her hooves. "Breathe easy, now."

[ ooc; sorry for the wait! ]

image credits
 just enough dark to see</style>
  how you're the light over me.</style>

Hidden Account
ali

LELIEL</style>
 Art by Blu

If I had more energy I would scoff at Muriel for telling me that I had nothing to apologize for. I know she's not stupid and I don't understand how she could just turn a blind eye on the way that I had treated her for years. It strikes me, then, how strange it is to use such metaphor because I am the one that is blind, and I have been for my entire life, it seems. I don't understand how I could forsake comfort and affection that is so freely given by her, but as I think about it my parent's faces flash in my head. I don't want to see them! I don't want to see them! I grind my teeth together at the sudden anger that courses hotly through my veins. It was their fault that this happened to me!

Muriel's voice cuts through the violent thoughts that had begun to run rampant through my mind and I begin to calm down. I didn't realize that my muscles had begun to gather like I was about to shoot up from the ground, ready for a fight. Would I have attacked Muriel in the sudden rage that had overcome me at the thought of my parents? I'm actually scared to know the answer. I've hurt her enough over the years, I don't want to hurt her anymore and so I relax against her once more, still keeping my face pressed snugly against her neck.

"Muriel. Leliel."

It is then that I lift my face from Muriel's neck and turn blindly in the direction the voice had come from. I vaguely recognize it and if it hadn't been for Muriel mentioning Onni I wouldn't have known it was her. "Onni?" I want to be her to help me. I want to see again. I want to look at Muriel after seeing nothing for days. I want the first thing I see to be her so I can really look at how beautiful she is and appreciate it, but Onni has nothing but dire news for me. I can't say that I'm surprised that she can't restore my vision. Part of me already knew that my eyes would never be what they were, but there had been that little pinprick of hope somewhere in me.

My ears flick at the sound of a bird's song and it actually begins to lull me to sleep. Wearily, I let my head drop so my muzzle is pressed against the ground and I sigh heavily, scarred lids falling shut over my ruined eyes. Slowly, the pain begins to fade and I feel warmth. Its uncomfortable in the already hot afternoon, but I would rather be hot than be in pain. I'd rather be dead than be in pain, but they knew that when they'd disfigured me and sent me on my way. "Breathe easy, now." She tells me and I sigh as I begin to fall asleep. How long has it been since I've been able to sleep?

@[Muriel]
@[Onni]

"."

Deceased
Brit

Breath is sucked in as his face contorts in frustration, and a part of her, the one that has blossomed since that night she fell to her knees blinded by the darkness of the world, wants to yell at him. She does not, however, because she knows he's in pain, that there are mental scars she can't see hidden away in that locked room inside his mind, the one she'd always wanted to be trusted enough to be allowed into. Instead she keeps silent, not knowing what to say when even his lips don't part to shed his thoughts on the topic. Muriel is tired of filling the space of loneliness with empty, cheerful words. Her heart couldn't handle the lies she told herself with a smile. He was lost in thought anyways, it's not like he would care what she had to say. As if he ever had. Movement, however, did catch her attention. His muscles were tensing almost violently as he began to rise up from the ground, face set in a silent snarl. She rises on her knees to accompany him, fearing for his well-being, knowing his sightless state would only hinder him more and bring infinitely more injuries to him should he try to flee. Which was odd since Leliel was always a fighter, not a runner.

Whatever it is she says, though, it has him sinking back down like a broken puppet to the ground. Lavender eyes are sad as they gaze down at him, not knowing what to say for once. So she remains silent, and so does he, until they are enveloped in their thoughts. Muriel doesn't even know how to react. Leliel had disappeared for seasons, her heart breaking more with every fortnight that passed, and suddenly he reappeared? Broken, bleeding, and blinded? How was she supposed to feel? Finally she had learned to stand on her own, to face each day with a seriousness that she had avoided for so long in favor of acting the fool. She had finally started to forget her midnight painted love. And now here he was, plopped right into her arms, and her mind was in turmoil. She couldn't yell at him and show him how much she'd grown, how strong she'd gotten, like she'd always intended to do when imagining his return. He was hurt and broken now, in more ways than one, and suddenly Muriel was floundering.

Their somewhat awkward silence was broken by the thundering of hooves. Muriel stands, positions herself to be as close to Leliel as possible, just in case it is not help coming like she had called for. But when Onni bursts from the trees, Muriel's breath hitches almost violently, and her eyes are moist with relief and need. She needs Onni now, more than ever, and she just wants to bury her face in the kindly medic's golden tresses and cry her heart out. Hadn't their roles been reversed the last time they'd met? Perhaps it's ironic somehow.

Her name is murmured softly by the painted woman, followed by Leliel's, and the sunset girl is choked up by the simple three-syllable name she holds echoing from her best friend's mouth. Onni moves forward, eyes on Leliel, and Muriel obediently moves away to give the Shaman some room. Above anyone else, she trusts Onni, not only with her own life, but with Leliel's. Listens as Lyhty sings, crooning softly, as Onni murmurs comfortingly to the crumpled man upon the ground. Words that aren't meant for her, but spoken in a tone that makes her feel like maybe she really can make it through this ordeal.

Sunlight pours down like dancing images with no shape, and Muriel watches solemnly as the skin knits together, as the blood becomes stale and lacking a source upon his hide. No words are spoken to her, and quietly the tears fall, hiccuping softly to herself as Leliel's sightless eyes begin to drift shut. Was she supposed to keep him awake? This wasn't her area of expertise after all. So instead she remained silent and hunched apart from the two, wishing she wasn't so useless.

MURIEL</style>

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!

Onni the Illuminant</style>
sunshine on my window makes me happy like I should be.</style>
The breathing after her feet eases, lulled by the melody of Lyhty and the receding pain inflicted upon his body. Onni lets a sigh of relief pass from her lips as she raises her head, looking toward the distraught face of Muriel standing a few feet watching.

The soft pink angel is beautiful as ever, despite the tears and the flurry of emotions racing across her features. The shaman recalls their last meeting, how she had stood as a protector at her side as the horned mare interrupted her breaking moment before the burned shrine of the Sun God. Now, the mare feels as though she is standing as a guard for Muriel's heart, which appears no less than a few moments away from breaking and spilling out over the loam at their hooves. Quietly, the shaman steps back from the black stallion resting upon the forest floor.

The painted girl finds her way toward the side of her friend, a sorrowful smile on her lips. "He will need to rest for a while," she says, her voice calm and quiet, trying not to rise over the soft tones of her songbird still loyally singing to the snoozing stallion. "His body screams of exhaustion; I would imagine he has not slept for a few days." The words are to keep the mare's mind occupied, lull her worries, soothe her heart, reinforce the idea that Leliel will be okay. He will make it through this tragedy. Reaching out a soft muzzle toward the mare's shoulder, Onni breathes out a warm greeting of solace.

"Where are you two headed?"

image credits
 just enough dark to see</style>
  how you're the light over me.</style>

Hidden Account
ali
leliel.

Hushed murmurs were my lullabies as I drifted to a slumber filled with different hues of pink and gold.

I slept.

I don't know how long I slept for, but when I woke my body was stiff from staying in one position for too long and I thought that it must have been night time because it was dark. So dark. I thought that I had been dreaming that they had thought it right to take my sight away because there wasn't anymore pain. I couldn't smell anymore blood. It had to be a dream. An awful dream. I yawned and lifted my head, snorting quietly because some pine needles had gotten stuck to my muzzle and I blinked. It was still dark. I lifted my head in the direction of the sky and strained to see any stars in the sky. The moon. Anything.

There was nothing.

I frowned and squeezed my scarred eyelids shut over my ruined eyes then opened them again to more darkness. "It wasn't a dream." I murmured quietly to myself. There's something about not being able to see that makes your voice seem that much louder, the noises around you louder. The rustling leaves sounded almost like thunder. The breathing next to me was like wind whistling in my ears. My body jerked as I lifted my head suddenly and turned blindly to the side and to the one who was next to me. Muriel, I remember, had answered my calls and had found me in the forest and for that I would forever be grateful and in her debt. But at the same time I also wished she would have ignored me and let me stumble blindly through the forest until a pack of wolves found me or I fell off the very edge and ended the hell that I had been born into.

My muzzle brushes against a leg and by the scent of it I know that its Muriel. She and Onni are still talking and I wonder if they even noticed that I had woken up. If they did I wonder if they're looking at me with pity. I don't want their pity now. I never wanted pity before. I try to gather my legs and stand and suddenly I feel like a foal trying to stand for the first time. I stumble and fall and flail and finally when I find my legs my face is set into a grim expression, my sightless eyes fixed somewhere, I think I'm looking down, and my wings are straight up in the air.

I want to fly.

"Onni?" My ears rotate and when she speaks my head turns in the direction her voice came from. "Thank you." My voice is quiet as it always was. For a moment I'm silent and I listen to the sounds of the forest and I can honestly say that it was probably the first time I actually listened. I guess I need to now. Slowly, my head turns in Muriel's direction, I assume judging from the breaths I hear, and I extend my muzzle. Would she accept any kind of apology from me or have I burned too many bridges already?

I'm sorry, Muriel.

I don't think I could ever say the words enough and I don't think she would ever understand just how sorry I was. I'd forsaken the only one who had ever wanted to be my friend and even still she came to me when I needed her the most. I know I'm not worthy of her friendship, but if she'll give me a chance I'll try to be better. The only thing I can ask is that she has patience for a man who's been broken too many times to count and never put back together.

"."

image credits!