the Rift

[OPEN] Weather Girl [Oliver]

Cheyenne Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Cheyenne</style>
weather girl, what's your forecast?</style>
Rain lashed down upon grains of sand, lashing down upon the broken granules like venom. Ocean waves crashed upon jagged cliff sides, frantically attempting to clamber up the rocky sides, clawing their way toward safety of dry land. Desperate, it did not realize how pointless the en-devour was. It was impossible, not it did not falter in its lust for safety, its desperation peaking as rain and hail battered the waves, water and ice clashing like the two tongues of angry lovers, embracing yet fighting, hating yet lusting for touch. The elements were ageless titans, fighting their endless war yet no victor ever came of it.

A smile twitched upon her lips as wind ravaged her mane and tail, sending the long tangles thrashing and dancing violently about her body. Lashing her face and shoulders, the wind swirled in all directions, buzzing around her like an angered swarm of wasps. Her eyes closed for a moment, allowing the feeling of bitter cold rain and icy wind bite at her ankles, and letting the lash of hail beat upon her back. The storm would end soon, she knew it, so she was reveling in the violence of the sky while it lasted. Her form stood upon the cliff point, looking down upon the sea. The beach was almost completely engulfed by water, flooded in high tide yet slowly, the waves began to crawl back into the sea.

A pillar of light burst through a gap in the dark clouds as the rain began to slow, the wind losing momentum as her hair, tangled in a web of black and draped over her antlers, began to settle. She took in a deep breath, feeling her lunged pierced by cool air. She felt rejuvenated by the harshness of the land. It had given her time to simply enjoy the feelings of the world about her, instead of worrying what others thought of her. Yet as the storm began to end as swiftly as it had begun, she knew she would have to return home. Return to a land that did not want her. She sighed bitterly, lowering her head and gazing toward the far off horizon. Beyond that sea, what was there? People who would accept her despite her flaws, perhaps?

talk talk talk talk talk @[Oliver]

image credits

Oliver Posts: N/A
Unregistered
[quote='Oliver' pid='69032' dateline='1381027925']

Oliver the Casanova

No, no! His thoughts screeched in his mind. The bright Phoenix said it was the titan's time to die, and it hit him hard. I WON'T DIE! He flew awkwardly in the sky. His bulky form heavy, but two large wings could carry it. The fact was, his wings were clumsy. Large wing strokes kept him aloft in the raging storm. Glass-like beads pelted his downy wings and hide. For the love of everything, stay safe, White! He knew her form, her everything. She was the pale form with the glowing on her ass. He was fond of the frosty mare, and very much wanted her. She was with him when the Phoenix told them, they were to die.

---

The wind trumpeted in my ears and stung my eyes. The salt water lifted with the wind and flew at me, leaving a salty scent and and taste in my nostrils and lips. My ebony mane flailing behind my massive neck. My tail also doing some flailing from this storm. My ivory legs dangling as gold wings did the work. I could here the round ice balls hitting my hooves and clicking as they continued on. My ears pinned back just to keep the ice out. I would not let my ears get wet for the death of me. I hated that feeling. The sand about five feet below me submerged under a platform of water, water that waited to drown my hooves. There was no way in heavens, I was going to land on that sand, in this storm. I turn sharply to my left to see... Something. What it is could be many things such as a monster, horse, deer, monster, or even monster. So, I flew closer.

I lifted higher into the air, the ground far beneath me now. I flew towards the general direction of the shape and circled over it. I was a vulture and that was my prey, though neither of us knew that yet. The scent of the figure was demolished by the salty tang in the air. My scent was also hidden. If I did smell like anything, I would probably smell like ash and sun. Smoke also, considering is been around a lot of places with smoke in my past few days.

I countinued circling over the form, but descended slightly to see what was a horse. I was unsure of the gender, but I could see the clear outline of something on it's forehead. Without thinking anything through, I let a deep bugle out. It probably sounded pitiful next to the thunder that boomed every once in a while. I had not thunk it through. What if this horse was a total biatch that would come after me and end me? Oh well.

I continued circling her until a column of light broke through the clouds. I looked at it, and had forgotten one thing... The sun is back. I had stared into the sun, through the hole in the clouds. Holy cow crap. My wings froze mid-flap. Then, I descended faster than I would've liked. I nearly shrieked as the ground came closer. Open your wings Oliver! My wings shot open about four feet from the ground. The last bits of hail fell and it was over.

Time to caress the floor.

Pleased to see the storm stopping, I folded my wings and let my body drop limply from the four-foot hover. My knees buckle under my body and I start acting like a sunflower that's never seen sun. I started rolling in the muddy sand. Quite quickly my entire left side was caked with the mud. My right had mid too, but my left just was excessively covered. I'd forgotten about the mysterious monster horse I was circling above. Quickly, I jerk my head to the left to see... Her.

I was in the sand playing like a child and she was there, all refined and regal. I must've looked like a fool. My left side exposed to the heavens as I lay flat on my side. I wish I could have just disappeared. Since I couldn't, I decided to crack a joke as my last resort. "I'm guessing you don't know... I am supposed to die today." I shoot the girl a goofy smile, unsure if she's even seen me. I hope she hasn't.

OOC :: THANK YOU FOR THE MUSE SEI. (And the goofy Olly craziness :P) I actually liked this post (especially when he starts rolling)
"blah blah blah."

Cheyenne Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Cheyenne</style>
weather girl, what's your forecast?</style>
The rain that had lashed at her pelt slowed until only a few stray scatters dripped meekly upon her face. Her eyes squinted into the sun, allowing her body to absorb the light, feeling it warm her pelt and draw the moisture from her skin. It felt good after the violent lashing she had been violated with, though it had been her choice to stand so bravely (or was it foolishly?) upon the cliff side during the brief, yet wicked, storm. The wind, still harsh and unforgiving, yet not quite so angry now that the sea had quelled it'd assault, clawed at her sides and threw her sodden mane back from her dainty face. The rats tails, thick and tangled from moisture, tangled about the branching crown atop her skull, draping down like grotesque vines or thick cobwebs. For once she ignored the hideous hairstyle, almost oblivious to the look that so often infuriated her. No, today she was deep in thought and her heart had swelled with the same rage that had corrupted the skies, she was angry at Alleo and his stupid face. His hurtful words and judgmental words haunted her, bothering her far more than they should. This land had no gentlemen, she decided. The knights here were frauds; they knew nothing about respect.

Yet as he eyes lifted up toward the sun, a shadow passed over her face. H moved swiftly over the skies and she turned just in time to see, and hear, a soft thud that was muffled by the water logged earth. She was, for a moment, extremely confused. The figure, with wide wings and a huge, muscular body, seemed to fall to the earth, flailing his legs as if caught by the very earth itself. Had he fallen? Turning, she raised her head, taking a step forwards and tilting her crown to the side in question, yet before she could ask if the stranger was okay, she realized he was, in fact, smiling.
The sands that trailed up from the beach onto the cliff clung to his drenched ebony pelt, glittering upon the dark canvas like faint, dying stars. His face seemed carefree, yet as he turned and realised she was there she felt the embarrassment resonate from him. Her own expression was somewhat blank - confused, she gawped at the rolling stallion who seemed to possess the spirit of a colt, yet as his words emerged she felt a small smile play on the corners of her lips.

"Well, better make it a bloody good day then, eh?" She replied simply. She stepped closer toward him with quick, dainty strides then threw herself down into the sandy dirt, rolling onto her back so that the granules could coat her own body with the same, dull glitter. Once satisfied with the dirt that masked her striped body, she rolled once more to face him, legs sprawled out. "You know, this isn't very dignified."She joked with a smile. She wasn't sure what exactly she was possessed by, but her rage at the men she had so far encountered seemed to dull with his prescence. He seemed to care free, so uncaring, that it made her want to be the same. Too long she had been a pampered process, as Alleo called her. So long she was expected to stay quiet unless spoken to, told she was worth nothing and should do nothing but stand and look pretty. She wanted to be something more.

Pushing herself back to her feet, she stood her head, feeling the tendrils of hair tangled in her horns. She pulled a face, though she didnt feel as though she needed to care about her appearance today. No, the storm had died and her upset had been vanquish, or at least temporarily locked away.today, she wouldn't care what others thought. Though, she was careful to avoid her classic sarcasm. It seemed the men of this land did not take kindly to a woman with sharp words. "So, who told you you are supposed to die? Personally, I'd rather it be a surprise." She commented, trying to shake the hair from her horns once more but giving up quickly as she let her canary eyes linger over his broad body.

talk talk talk talk talk @[Oliver]

image credits