the Rift

surely I deserve it [any god]

Viserys Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

VISERYS

merely this and nothing more.

Viserys' bravado evaporates like water in the face of the sun god's heat. For a few moments he is speechless with a combination of fear, and anger at being made to feel that fear. He takes a deep, shuddering breath and, hating every second of this indignity, lets his front legs collapse so he sinks to his knees in a deep bow. "For-forgive me, s-sir, or ah, my lord, heh heh." He clears his throat and attempts to bring some sort of strength back into his voice. "I forget myself, at times. I forget that before the gods - before you, especially, god of gods - I am no longer royalty." Unable to stand being in a humiliating bowing posture for one for second, he rises but keeps his gaze cast down at the scorched earth at his hooves. "You have humbled me, my lord." he says quietly. And its true - Viserys is humbled before this fiery being, and it hurts like hell. It is agony. His pride is throbbing like a broken limb, and despite his best efforts there is a tremor in his voice. Nevertheless, his greed and fervent desire to regain his lost power drives him to try again: "Allow me to rephrase my request. I ask of you, I beg of you, I implore you to allow me to regain the power I once had. Let me be a spark to your mighty flame, for now, without my fire and my dragon, I am nothing." In this moment, the realization of his powerlessness hits him full in the face, and the King of Valyria is close to tears. Do not cry, he tells himself fiercely, Do not fucking cry, you are a king, a king, a KING!

Messages In This Thread
surely I deserve it [any god] - by Viserys - 08-06-2012, 02:28 PM
RE: surely I deserve it [any god] - by Viserys - 08-09-2012, 07:42 AM
RE: surely I deserve it [any god] - by Viserys - 08-10-2012, 09:35 AM