the Rift

[OPEN] Wherever your heart resides.

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

HOTOTO</style>
 Let the meek have the kingdom of heaven; the strong shall rule on earth.</style>

The slight smile, the tilt of her head, the glimmer of mischief within crimson pools. How I had missed my mother, the amount of which had been unknown until this moment. Onward I ran, racing against the distance, sidling up next to her. My longer legs match her stride, a grin growing on my features as we continue to race forward.

The rain falls.
The water pelts against my skin, against my face, washing me like warm tears of relief.

Each breath feels new, my chest growing lighter, a laugh bubbling up from my lungs. Instead of the laugh of a child, it is now the laugh of a man. Regardless of my height, the growing muscle, the burly appearance of my father peering through, there is still the purest form of childlike delight strewn across my features. I would never be able to outgrow my mother, no matter how old I became. While others may view a stallion, I am little more than a buck-kneed colt before her. I grow strong, I grow tall, I grow every day. The place where I remain static will always be by the side of my mother.

The only difference now is that I can keep her pace much easier. I glance over, the white locks plastered to her ebony neck in the rain, blood-tipped horn pointing the way. I am so absorbed with the sheer presence of my oldest companion that I nearly miss the approaching treeline.

If not for her own slowing of pace, I may not have even glanced in their direction. With fumbling limbs, I attempt to regain the image of grace I held just moments before. I weave unevenly through the trees, searching for flashes of bronze and white mingling with the shadows. Unfortunately, my maneuvers are not as precise as mother's, leading to a couple of unpleasant slaps in the face from trees (being taller is not always better, okay).

Another laugh. Hearty smiles. I am no longer lost.

Art by Krazie!</style>

Messages In This Thread
Wherever your heart resides. - by Hototo - 10-05-2013, 03:27 PM
RE: Wherever your heart resides. - by Ktulu - 10-05-2013, 03:58 PM
RE: Wherever your heart resides. - by Hototo - 10-05-2013, 11:34 PM
RE: Wherever your heart resides. - by Ktulu - 10-08-2013, 08:23 PM
RE: Wherever your heart resides. - by Hototo - 10-10-2013, 07:08 PM
RE: Wherever your heart resides. - by Ktulu - 10-23-2013, 06:09 PM
RE: Wherever your heart resides. - by Hototo - 11-09-2013, 05:26 PM
RE: Wherever your heart resides. - by Ktulu - 11-13-2013, 10:17 PM