the Rift

[OPEN] Wherever your heart resides.

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

HOTOTO</style>
 Let the meek have the kingdom of heaven; the strong shall rule on earth.</style>

Mother begins to slow and I follow her lead, gait slowly winding down to a trot. I break beside her, my sides wavering heavily. Despite being young, such sprinting is still not my strongest suit. I am a larger, heftier breed; I know this well. Endurance, speed, agility - I had little of each. What agility I have gained comes from the dexterous figure of my mother, but the majority of my build stems from the solid form of my Father. We are mountains, he and I. Large and imposing. In contrast, we both wear jolly smiles on our exterior instead of a face of stone.

Stone is much more native to my crimson eyed mother.

"I went to the Foothills," I say, after she speaks of me. "You were already gone." I smile sadly, a bit, before my grin enlarges once more. My heart beats excitedly, my mind flooding with memories and happiness. How long had it been since I had set eyes on the ebony figure of my mother? Time had ceased to matter during the Endless Night, but now those months crammed together. Like it had been only moments since I left her side as a yearling. Only now, my withers reach past hers, my figure growing like a weed toward the sun.

As she steps forward, I allow her neck to wrap around me, my own curving to rest my muzzle upon her back. I breathe deeply, reminded of the solace that I had found in my mother's strength. At her side, I often felt as though nothing in the world could harm me. Having faced that world alone, I now felt a different comfort. More than safety, I felt happy. No longer alone against the darkness of the world. I had missed my family. I had missed my mother. I no longer needed her to protect me from the monsters behind tree trunks, but from the demons of my own mind. Company to chase away the loneliness. Love to chase away the insecurity.

Mother.

Taking a few breaths, I smile against her pelt. I had been worried before that she would not be proud of me. Now, I realize that no matter the outcome of my journeys, I will always be her son. It is not about pride. Not about my success. I am not the son of a God, but the son of Ktulu. I am her son.
That will never change.

Art by Krazie!</style>

Messages In This Thread
Wherever your heart resides. - by Hototo - 10-05-2013, 03:27 PM
RE: Wherever your heart resides. - by Ktulu - 10-05-2013, 03:58 PM
RE: Wherever your heart resides. - by Hototo - 10-05-2013, 11:34 PM
RE: Wherever your heart resides. - by Ktulu - 10-08-2013, 08:23 PM
RE: Wherever your heart resides. - by Hototo - 10-10-2013, 07:08 PM
RE: Wherever your heart resides. - by Ktulu - 10-23-2013, 06:09 PM
RE: Wherever your heart resides. - by Hototo - 11-09-2013, 05:26 PM
RE: Wherever your heart resides. - by Ktulu - 11-13-2013, 10:17 PM