the Rift

[PRIVATE] Life in the light

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!

onni. </style>
Distance feels further when you love with fervor 
and no second thoughts.  </style>

Something strange but not in a bad way. This Lace is a brother of the Edge, and even if he had not been such a kind heart so far, Onni would have greeted him with a bright smile to rival the sun above. One thing is certain, for the blood of the World's Edge had been spilled in tandum with her own kin more than once, gratitude should be held by both parties for both parties. No matter the day, no matter the mood, the shaman was expected to hold a smile for the dear friends of the northern forests and salty cliffs. Kri would make sure of that.
And what would Onni be, if not the first to follow her mother's orders?

Still, despite the strange sense of duty that comes with meeting a kin of the World's Edge, the healer finds joy as well. So many kind faces arose from the starlit mists. The painted beauty Kahlua raises in her mind, and the golden warrior Kaj as well. Warm souls. The desert may bathe in sunlight constantly, but it must also shine on the friends in the Edge.

The joke is met with a laugh, a golden bell amidst the sun and gentle whisper of the river over well worn stones. "A beauty tip I myself have never tried," she says out loud, carrying on with the banter even as a drop of mud flutters toward her, flinging free from the once silver tail of Onni's company. Off he leaps straight into the river, the waters rushing over his form, peeling the mud and dirt from his coat, but leaving not-so-subtle traces behind. Emerging from the body of the water is the grullo figure that the shaman remembered.

A gentle expression remains in place, her sky blue eyes perhaps a tad bit distracted. The months of summer had come, her beloved season. All of the heat and sweat that came with the long days was welcomed, for the burning of her skin compared little to the ache of her heart in the darkness. While Lace may be trying to escape the rays of the sunlight, Onni reflected them from every inch of her body. The light of day hid the pale tint of gold which radiated from the pores of her skin well, but that healthy glow was likely courtesy of the Sun God's gift.

"I spent many months longing for the return of summer," her voice offers in return for his compliment, completely ignoring his wandering eyes. "His return lifts my heart and health." Unabashed admiration of sunlight, the glory of it all wrapped into the peaceful smile peeking from her soft muzzle. Even one who did not care for the God of the Sun praised his return after the months of endless night that had battered the realm of Helovia. The immediate return of Onni's joy was no coincidence.

The small talk is strange, and the shaman finds herself wondering if she should be apologetic. "I cannot say that I have spent much time in the World's Edge, either," she says shyly, glancing out at the meadows. "We have a difficult time holding crafters..." A laugh, small but bright, comes immediately after. The position was almost cursed. "I am not sure if it is the Sun God who reclaims his power or my mother frightening them off."

Definitely Kri, chirps Lyhty from her shoulder. Onni smiles, resisting the urge to laugh again.

just enough dark to see</style>
  how you're the light over me.</style>

Messages In This Thread
Life in the light - by Lace - 10-05-2013, 03:30 PM
RE: Life in the light - by Onni - 10-05-2013, 04:15 PM
RE: Life in the light - by Lace - 10-05-2013, 04:40 PM
RE: Life in the light - by Onni - 10-05-2013, 08:19 PM
RE: Life in the light - by Lace - 10-06-2013, 09:29 AM
RE: Life in the light - by Onni - 10-06-2013, 10:04 PM
RE: Life in the light - by Lace - 10-07-2013, 08:21 AM
RE: Life in the light - by Onni - 10-07-2013, 12:50 PM
RE: Life in the light - by Lace - 11-02-2013, 07:02 PM