the Rift

[PRIVATE] Life in the light

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

She was a peculiar little girl. Lace realized that he was being rather intimate with his scrutiny of her body, but where many mares would have shrunk back in embarrassment or immediately retaliated with some flirtatious remark, Onni simply ignored it completely and kept on talking like he hadn't just caressed her entire self with admiring eyes. Was she so innocent and secure in herself that she didn't recognize the half-flirting he was doing, or was she just very good at hiding her discomfort? Either way it sparked the curiosity of the stallion, who kept mulling over the question even as he upheld the lighthearted conversation.

"I have to admit, I was quite relieved the first few weeks of darkness" he admitted, feet shuffling through the tall grasses as he made himself comfortable. "Too many things have awoken in my blood since I came to Helovia, and I don't like it. I was glad to be free of it all, glad to just be my old self again... Even if it meant that I wouldn't get to see the sun." The smile turned slightly apologetic. Her love of the bright light was rather apparent, and he still felt rather guilty of his exuberant delight that followed with the initial disappearance of the gods.

Yet another prick of guilt, sharper this time, stabbed his chest as the little mare mentioned the rapid change of crafters in her homeland. The bright expression slowly started to fade from the face of the steed, and as Fajira came down to land on his whithers with a warbling greeting at both pegasi and finch the grullo sighed.

"The life of a crafter is not for everyone" he told her quietly, the weight of personal experience in his voice clearly noticeable. "It follows with power, responsibility, and not often isolation from the rest of the herd. The warriors don't think much of a craftsman, seeing them as weak and unfit. The scholars and healers smile and wave them off, believing their knowledge to be of little or no use. They weave trinkets and weapons in equal measure, but when it comes down to it their function for the herd as a whole is... well. Let's just say that they could be put to better use."

A shrug of the scarred shoulders caused a warbling protest from the dragon, and with a snort of dislike over how quickly he managed to spoil the mood she took off again, inviting the little bird to fly with her by circling around the painted wing-horse and then shoot up into the sky. Lace had to give her right; he was a downer, rarely able to stay positive for very long. Amber eyes glittering in the light of the day turned towards the clear blue orbs of his comrade, smile disappeared since a while ago and replaced with a thoughtful look.

"Say, could I ask you for advice?" he suddenly asked. "Say that you have a friend that you care for very much. You have promised to stay with them and would do almost anything for them. But then you find out that the friend has done something bad, something that hurt a lot of people. Would... " He broke off, swallowing hard as the implication of his own words were beginning to settle within his own mind. "Would you still.. follow that friend? Even though you know it might not be the last time it happens?"

Dim vales- and shadowy floods-
And cloudy-looking woods,
Whose forms we can't discover
For the tears that drip all over!
Huge moons there wax and wane-
Again- again- again-
- bg - table - image -
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread