[OPEN] Sarabande Suite

Israfel Posts: 54
Hidden Account
Filly :: Tribrid :: 16.1 hands :: 2 Years
Sparrow

And the World's Gonna Know Your Name
'Cause You Burn with the Brightest Flame
Glory.

Such a small, short, yet profoundly significant word. Two syllables, one word, hundreds of meanings. For a child, 'glory' could be many things. Dreams of adventure, of fame, fortune, prosperity... For elders, it could be passion, loved ones, battle and blood. For Israfel... The word alone was foreign. Glory... What did it mean for her? Would she achieve the understanding of the word through fame? Fortune? Battle? A simple word, yes, but so much more. So much more.

Above her, the sun shown brightly upon the earth, the hot rays of her father's embodiment shining through the thick canopy of trees. It was shortly after the high hour of the day, when the sun was at its apex in the sky, and Israfel positively reveled in the heat. For others it may have been uncomfortable and grueling, but for her, the Sun-Child... It brought life to her bloodstream in ways that nothing else could. Sweat still clung to her pale hide, the golden hued markings that adorned her very person marred by dark rivulets of sweat. Long, curling waves of cascading ivory clung to her neck and face due to the heat, her tail crimping in a rather unsavory manner... And yet Israfel found herself not caring. At least, not entirely. Once she had been a vain creature, and while she still was at times, the pale youth liked to believe that she was ever so slowly changing.

It was quiet here, Israfel decided. The young demi-goddess had come to the Grove to seek solitude and silence. Sharp and cunning vermillion eyes peered around the landscape, taking in the trees, heavy and wilting from the heat of Tallsun, and the inviting depths of the grove waters in front of her. She could understand just why this area of Helovia was the 'land for lovers'. It was beautiful. A small smile upturned the corners of Isra's lips, and with dainty steps, the pale filly began to venture into the depths of the water. Liquid sloshed around golden hooves, then gently caressed upwards against gilded legs, coming to rest against the belly of the young female. Israfel would not venture any deeper, an ever so carefully kept her wings tucked upwards to be kept dry.

The water felt oddly soothing, the clear liquid cool compared to the wrath of the heat. A strange combination, surely, but it wasn't unpleasant. Allowing her orange depths to fall closed, Israfel lifted her head to the sky, breathing through her nostrils. Finally...

Finally.

"Finally..." She whispered to the sky, to the sun, "You've returned to us, to me. Perhaps soon I will come see you, father, but for now I must continue on my own journey, and forge my own path." The God of the Sun had given her the kiln, and now it was simply up to her to craft her desires.

Cantante Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Black wings once again tucked securely against her side the gray mare proceeded through the purple tinged meadow. There was no clear reason for her departure, and as usual no apparent goal in her aimless wandering. Perhaps she has simply tired of being in a vast open space that she cannot take proper advantage of. Her motion is forward not back the way she came and given her weakening state this is puzzling. Plodding, unsure steps drag her onward for hours and around midday she comes to the river. Considering the power of flight she would normally possess it is a fair assumption that she has never crossed a river before in her life… at least not on foot. Indeed she seems stumped by the obstacle if only for a moment or two. A native of this land, or anyone used to foot travel, might not have tried it at all but instead taken the much longer, safer way northward and around the source. This traveler does not seem to understand her danger.

After puzzling for those few moments she makes her way down the slippery bank and, wings carefully raised, into the fast moving water. At first she is able to stand against that current but slowly it pushes her off course and off her feet. She manages to stay somewhat upright though she can no longer find anything solid to stand on. Pushed down stream at something of an angel she eventually manages to struggle to shore where she collapses in the mud unable to go further without resting.

I’d fallen asleep in the full heat of afternoon, and wet through as I was that heat may well have been a life sustaining thing. Despite all of my notions and plans I do not truly know how sick I am, how long it will take for me to recover, or if what I’ve been doing lately has only made matters worse. This most recent dunk in the river certainly hasn’t helped. It is a chill that finally wakes me, the chill of evening settling in. Opening my eyes to the sound of water crashing along behind me I realize just how much trouble I am in. Not only have I nearly given my breath over to a measly little river, a foe I’d have easily vanquished at any other point in my life, but I am very terribly lost and out in the open with night coming on. There is no way I am going to get back across that water right now. I will simply have to find some sort of shelter, assuming I can move at all.

It takes a few tries but once fully awake she gains her still unsteady feet and takes up her travel again. Back is not an option now so forward she goes on through the meadow, trying not to stumble in gopher holes. Her legs and belly are caked in dried mud, her wings a bit rumpled from the damp and the struggle though not seriously damaged. To sum it all up she is a bedraggled, worn out mess.

The sky has turned pitch black with clouds over the moon and only the light of the stars to see by when she at last reaches a forested area again. She practically dives into it tucking herself away into the shadows at the base of a low limbed tree just before she passes out again.

Light wakes me this time around and I squint painfully up into the midmorning sun once again. It is softened by the tree branches overhead but still dazzlingly bright if you look directly at it. I am thankful for it’s presence all the same. Misfortune can find one as surely in the daylight as it can in the darkness but I’ve always felt safer with the sun warming my back. I have no idea where I am except that it is some far flung part of Helovia and one that Solace likely would not think to look for me in. Not that my being lost is really his problem at all seeing as I’ve, yet again, gone and gotten into this lovely fix all on my own. I suppose I might as well keep moving for as long as I can, maybe I will stumble upon a more secure hidey hole.

Pressing ever onward the mare moves through yet another morning and sometime in the early afternoon she runs up against her reduced limits again. It is somewhere on the tree line, looking out over a pleasant large pool that her legs give way again. As she sinks to her knees she glances out at the creature currently in that pool, “Wouldn’t do that if I were you… not safe...” The words are jumbled a bit in the confusion of her tongue but come out louder than planned. She doesn’t really hear what she’s said or notice any reaction given by the other, being much too distracted with her problems, aches and pains at the moment.

Hidden Account
Sparrow

Something shifted in the trees behind her, a loud and rather unsavory interruption to her peaceful reverie, and with a twist of her elegant neck Israfel turned to look. Another has come across the Grove on this hot afternoon... Or perhaps she was always there. Sharp, intuitive vermillion depths remained locked upon the other winged female, cataloguing every detail and analyzing the possibility of a threat... And yet, as the murky tinted female sunk to the ground, Isra realized that there may be no threat at all. This dark stranger could scarce sum up the strength to simply stand upon her own four legs, let alone attack her unwarranted.

The pale cherub slowly turned from her stationary position in the cool water, the clear liquid sloshing and brushing against her legs and barrel in cool, almost lovingly tender caresses as she twisted around to face the crumpled and rather pathetic looking Pegasus. She took a step closer to the shore of the grove, but paused at the sound of the older female's voice. Why shouldn't she do what? An ear flicked back in confusion, orange eyes still locked on her frame albeit for a moment used to glance both left and right... But then Isra redirected her gaze to the sooty grullo mare.

"Do what?" She inquired, unknowing if the stranger would even hear her. She seemed lost, this wanderer, in both body and mind. "There is nothing within these waters that can hurt me." A brave statement, and perhaps a foolish one, for Isra honestly didn't know if there were anything in the waters that could get her. A gilded hoof took yet another step forward, sinking slowly into the muck at the bed of the water, yet with a bit of force the pale princess pulled herself free and continued.

Her pace was slow, leisurely, careful, hips swaying with confidence as she approached the downed mare. Worry, despite the fact that this stranger was just, well... A stranger, blossomed within Israfel's pale breast, and once she reached dry land once more, she continued to speak. However, the Sun-Child did not get too close. It would be a foolish move to do so.

"... Are you unwell, stranger? You seem... Hurt. Is there anything that I can do?"

Cantante Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The pale creature standing hock deep in the pool is slow and thoughtful in her reaction. First only glancing behind herself at the treeline and then turning about completely to face the fallen gray mare. She is stunning, this young thing, especially standing in full sunlight as she is with drops of water glittering on her milk white coat. For a moment she stands in confusion as she takes in the words spoken to, or at, her. Her response is bold and dismissive, what reason has she to fear the water? Truly the elder female probably would not have thought twice about it herself save for that recent encounter with an unfriendly river. She does not explain this or offer anything else in response. Her eyes are cast down at the ground and she is muttering quietly to herself.

The golden laced girl seems to have grown curious for she abandons her station in the water and advances cautiously upon the mare. Again she speaks this time offering words of concern and this time the gray looks up to meet her stare for stare though her colorless eyes are vague and unfocused.

My eyes open as if from sleep and long dreams, though really they were only closed for a few seconds. I do not recall having spoken or how I came to be here, on the ground caked in itchy mud. I don’t know where here is. When I lift my gaze from the ground I see a white figure with soft wings, dressed in intricate gold designs and standing in a halo of sunlight.

My eyesight is unusually fuzzy and she looks unreal, imagined, angelic even.

Maybe I am not awake after all…

I do not believe in angel sightings.

Yes, that is it…

I am asleep and I have dreamed this gorgeous being up.

So, what purpose is she here to serve? There is nothing demonic or nightmarish about this vision so she must be here to help me somehow. In fact I think she may even have said as much.

The gray one’s gaze falters, her eyes squeeze shut then open again squinting as if trying to look through a blinding headache. Perhaps she’s been drinking, or perhaps she hit her head? She shakes herself once and looks again then sighs. She has either decided to accept whatever it is she sees or has given up trying to make sense of it. Her ears prick alertly listening to the soothing words. “Help… yes, help… I am... lost… can you find me?”

Hidden Account
Sparrow

The stranger, be that is what she was, seemed taken aback and slightly confused by Israfel's genuine inquiry. Indeed, was she well? The grey mare, still nameless in her sickly plight, looked far beyond anywhere of Israfel's area of expertise, especially when it came to medical treatment. If they were in the Edge, well... Isra could have just called for her mother, Smoke, who served the land of mists and forests as Moon Doctor. Yet... Smoke was not here, and Israfel needed to learn to rely upon herself.

"... Can you find me?"

This question, as did the rest of the winged one's statement caused the pale youths' head to tilt to the right in confusion. What did she mean? Piercing vermillion depths glanced left, then right, as if searching or trying to understand just what the grey mare meant, but... "I... I'm afraid I do not understand," she whispered at last, taking yet another step closer and lowering her head to better see the injured femme, "Help you find yourself? Miss, you are in the Secret Grove, if that is what you mean? Are you in any pain?"

Perhaps a concussion was what rendered this stranger in such a state of turmoil? Had she hit her head? Or dehydration? It was terribly hot out, and due to a long exposure to the relentless heat, Isra knew that one could suffer things like hallucinations or confusion. Perhaps blood-poisoning? She also knew that it could make one's mind sick, should they not seek treatment...

Sucking in a deep breath, the filly thought for a moment before offering the disturbed mare a soft, kind smile, her eyes speaking nothing but gentle affection. The last thing that Israfel wished to do was accidently scare the poor creature. "My name is Israfel, and I don't mean you any harm, miss... Please, tell me; is there anything that I can do? I do not know what you mean."

[ooc: I apologize for the short post and the wait, deary. <3]