the Rift

[OPEN] i see colors when i hear your voice [Asylum - healing]

Reizend Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 hh :: 7 (ages in Orangemoon)
rooster
Reizend
The Spectral Marsh has a reputation, it is true, though as the weeks have gone by, I have come to call it my home. It is not particularly warm; it is not particularly appealing to look at; it does not have the smell that marks a territory as one's own. Still, it is where my brethren have chosen to reside, and though I may be less mad than many of them, I share a firm sense of duty and affection with them, and so here I am. The murky waters that threaten so close to our well-worn trail are even beginning to grow on me, though the small plops I hear every so often flash a murky, rust-red colour across my vision. It is not a pleasant colour, but nor is it an entirely unwelcome one. I suppose it would be too much to ask to escape the blood-madness that holds the rest of my family (even if that family is only Seele, and she unaware, at that), but at least mine does not drive me to unnecessary violence. In contrast, healing is my calling, and with the return of the Sun and his light, my powers have been mercifully restored.

It has been a difficult time for me, I will admit, for one does not truly understand their reliance on magic until it is taken from them. Scrapes and bruises are easily mended with herbs and rest, it is true, but what if some illness was to befall our clan? What if the war that we had so foolishly (in my opinion) joined left one of ours mortally wounded? There is only so much that I can do without the proper toolset, and should one of ours die due to my inadequacy, I would be devastated. I am not interested in having another innocent, dead soul on my conscience. As if hearing my thoughts, I note a glimmer of light blue from my right, and I take note of Liebling's shadowy form and wince. Dread settles in my chest, but I shake it off firmly; the spirits will not drive me as they drive my sister. I am my own mare, not one to leap at their beck and call. Besides, today is about healing, not killing.

A branch snaps under my hoof as I walk our well-traveled path, painting a bronze splash over the steady brown beat of my pace. Before long, I find myself in our little encampment. A trill of yellow flickers across my vision, and as it clears I realize that Liebling has gone off to wherever it is she goes when not haunting me. I smile in spite of myself at the little canary that has bravely made its way this far into our marsh, and shake my head at how ridiculous I must appear to those around me. After all, they so rarely smile at nothing; surely they assume it to simply be a part of my madness. I resist the urge to laugh, instead making my way around to look at everyone. If any need healing, I will offer my assistance; they need only make themselves known to me.

"Talk talk talk."
Reizend
Image by Kaydeniro

Circuta Posts: 100
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 7 Buff: NOVICE
Rhawon :: Siberian Tiger :: None aeolle

The healer is in luck. A shade wanders this marsh, searching that which the Jester queen has promised her.
A refreshment. A healing, a lack of the charred skin caused by burns, the scabs down her forelegs, the bruises forming on her sides and the front of her
bodice. This is no good. She can't seduce the crazed whilst she has these disgusting injuries adorning her bodice. She cannot fight when her frame is weakened from
acidic poison and blows given to her by the werewolf. It's a disgrace, and she all but screeches her frustration into the physical realm.
With careful step and eager orbs she searches for her quarry, the femme she has heard deemed reizend. a strange title in the midst of the asylum,
charming, delightful, it speaks nothing to her of the chains the woman must have held somewhere in her grasp.
And yet, she must be at least partially sane for her to be a healer, a angel who guards the souls of the wounded and sick,
brings them back into the world of the living by melodies of the celestial bodies above her dome.

Darkened skies pause as they come to observe a bodice made of sugar and salty, ocean tides.
They are adorned with a obsidian sword, and lavender blooms from each orb. As she scans the woman with
her visuals, she begins her graceful steps once more. Moving and stopping at a comfortable distance, she
hums softly in the back of her throat. Is this the healer, the wingless angel? A wisp of lyrics escape her maw,
light, cloaked with ease.
"Is it you, wingless angel? The one they deem as Reizend, the one whom heals the injured and sick?
Shall you then bless me with your song, my dear?"

CREDITS

VENOMXBABY : MIDNIGHTSTOUCHSTOCK

Reizend Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 hh :: 7 (ages in Orangemoon)
rooster
Reizend
My vision, though overlaid with vibrant, dancing hues, is quite perfect, and as I find myself amongst those I have come to call my family, one specific mare makes herself known to me. She is of the darkest ebony save the white lines coursing over her body and the colourless strips in her banner, and I fear that her mental state is as dark as her appearance. Nay, perhaps fear is too strong a word, for I have come to realize that the afflictions my kin suffer from are not weaknesses; if anything, our respective illnesses make us stronger. We have seen more, heard more, been through more than those without our so-called disorders; as a result, we have grown closer, knit by that which has outcast us from polite society, a closer family unit by far than even those linked by blood. Even Seele and I are closer without her knowing of the ties between us.

The vocals of my clan-sister rises above the various sounds of the marsh, a dull teal, a colour of sadness. Somewhere beneath a shattered soul lies a broken heart, though it may be dulled by years of feeling nothing. But then, perhaps I analyze my colours too closely. A wingless angel, she calls me, and I almost smile at the irony: an angel who brings death upon those who are undeserving - no, I am a demon, a cat amongst the pigeons, though I suppose I hide it well enough. Light blue flickers at the edges of my vision, but I ignore Liebling's appearance as much as I can, despite the sad, swaying motion that her light brings. It is not a day of sorrow; no, I can do good here, make up for my past sins, my mistakes.

"I am who you seek, dear one," I assure her, and then I begin to sing. Power bubbles in and around me as I call forth my power, brought with the sun - oh, how wonderful it feels! How long has it been since I felt this strength, this reassurance? How long has it been since I have felt so whole? The lyrics flow forth, weaving themselves of their own accord, the only tones of my own that I can see. Teal wavers across the space between us, winding around the fae and glowing ever so slightly as it settles against her skin, reaching within and along her skin, mending her hurts - or at least the physical ones.

"Talk talk talk."

@[Circuta]
Reizend
Image by Kaydeniro