the Rift

[OPEN] dreams are for those who sleep

Arlo Posts: 60
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16hh :: 6 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Stephy
a r l o

Saddened by the departure of Artemis and the air dweller, I decided to stay in this land of nothing for a while longer. I didn’t want to face my feelings for the warrior or the spy just yet, for neither knew who I really was, and who was I to tell them? It wouldn’t be fair, for as soon they knew of them, the abhorrents would know about them, which would leave them in extreme danger. I cared for them both far too much to let that happen. The abhorrents bloodlust for those that I cared for was so punishing that there was no way I could protect either of them.

I had stood in the same spot of the threshold for so long, lost in my own angst and depression that the skies had slowly started to darken with the clouds that bore the rains, and that would most likely cause natures rage of thunder and lightning. Good, perhaps the storm would purge me of my sins. The clouds were fighting it out in the skies above, buffeting each other around violently, like that of the ghouls within my cranium. I barely even noticed the change in the weather, for the dark was something I had grown used to since the perpetual night that the lands had been thrown into previously. It had only been a couple of days that the firey goddess had been allowed to return and to bring daylight back, freeing me from the seventh circle of hell, for the abhorrents slunk away from the suns rays.

As I slowly awoke from my so called daydream, though it was more of a nightmare, my baby blues enlightened on yet another air dweller on a downward parachute, preparing for landing not too far away from me. I raised my dial into the air to attempt to gather its scent into my nostrils, and was rewarded by the honeyed, sugary scent of a vixen. She was making her way down to the clearing of the threshold with some speed, and decided to push my pistons forwards to greet this newcomer.

I moved myself closer, but remained as far in the shadows as possible as she settled onto the earth, folding her wings away neatly. She was well built, not all that different from Artemis I noted, with a smoke blue hued pelt and wings as black as the night that was quickly drawing in. Her bangs caught my eye, as within it was weaved feathers of smaller songbirds, I pondered what that was to mean.

She had a slight haunted look about her, as if she was being chased by something that resided within her, much like myself, causing a slight feeling of kinship. She looked extremely tired, as if she had been flying for days, whether from extrinsic or intrinsic danger, I had yet to find out. Perhaps she would be someone who would benefit from the protection of the Asylum..

I observed as she came closer, and found a perch a few feet from me, leaning against a thick trunk of one of the many trees that laced the edge of this nothing land. It was time to make my presence known, though I suspected she had already smelt the scent of an intruder into her personal space.

I rumbled a gentle whinny, as to warn her before I pulled myself from the shadows and around to her dial. I didn’t want to startle the girl, it served no purpose today. Besides she seemed so bone tired that she might just pass out there and then.

“Greetings M’lady. I bear you no harm. Pray, tell me what brings you here so close to the reapers time? “ I spoke quietly and deeply, with my cranium dipped in reselect. “You look exhausted. Would you like somewhere to rest your weary head and recharge your batteries?”

Before I could even consider bringing her back to the marsh, I had to find out if she was of the certain way, that would profit from our unique kind of care..

" "
Fugue
678 words.
Hope you dont mind me jumping in!
@[Cantante]

&CROWS WILL FLEE THE SCENE,
AS IF TO REMIND ME
HOW LONG ITS BEEN SINCE I'VE SEEN A DOVE.

Messages In This Thread
[OPEN] dreams are for those who sleep - by Cantante - 10-07-2013, 01:39 AM
RE: [OPEN] dreams are for those who sleep - by Arlo - 10-07-2013, 10:21 AM
RE: [OPEN] dreams are for those who sleep - by Cantante - 10-09-2013, 02:00 AM
RE: [OPEN] dreams are for those who sleep - by Cantante - 10-15-2013, 12:59 AM
RE: [OPEN] dreams are for those who sleep - by Cantante - 10-16-2013, 12:54 AM