the Rift

[PRIVATE] Ouvertyr

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

Mirage the DragonHeart

Dismal, wet, broken, the mare stood before him, numb to the feelings of her own dragon, numb to the storm that thundered around them. He was the hue of lightning in this monotonous world of ocean, hail and tempest, her own golden eyes drained of all their colour to view him through seemingly platinum pools - the bracelet upon her foreleg stole the Sun away from them even if it did try to rise, the time of day was lost to her completely, it's platinum shine reflecting sharply in the flashes that danced across the ocean. It was as if she were naked, bare before him, as the rain stuck her pelt to her skin tightly, her mane plastered to her nape, her tail a thin, ropey memory of its former glory of long, silken tresses.

He approached, his footsteps muted in the sand and wind that raged around them. And yet, when he met her eye, there was nothing to stop her ears from clutching to his words, her heart to skip a beat as he stared at the surface of her very soul, as he penetrated and invaded her very core. Had it always been this way? Or had her affection for him built up over time? The mare thought of all the others who held pieces of her heart, for they were truly the only reason she still walked this earth now. They were the reason she was who she was.. The reason why she had done her shameful act of involving children into this war, this ugly affair that children should really be protected from, not dragged into. But it had worked… she had secured peace for her home, however temporary it had been.

Rain trailed off her like it would a stone with vacant, chiselled edges, an unremarkable pebble on a riverbed, smooth and simple, and perhaps beautiful in its own way. The mare did not move except for breathing and blinking every now and then, and even that was subtle, quiet and unexceptional in presence.

"Mauja killed Torasin." The words were spoken after a few breaths of silence passed between them since he ceased talking. "I wanted them to feel what I felt when I saw his body broken and bleeding upon the ground in the depths of the Forest." The voice that presented the speech was foreign to her, thick with an accent years away from her homeland normally faded, but otherwise monotone and overall, tired, broken, sad. "I wanted them all to experience loss, to suffer, to die for what that monster has done to my family." She admitted to the feelings of savagery that were normally released only when she was in the form of a predator, a monster which could feast on blood and flesh and cure her of her need for revenge on the body of a fellow equine, unicorn or pegasus.

"So I took their children. I provoked them and I started a war." And I won, she wanted to add, she wanted to throw it in the face of all those who voiced their distaste for her methods. But she remained silent, simmering in her guilt, awaiting his judgement. A flash illuminated her eyes, startlingly bright and sharp, piercing into his very own, should he be able to hold her stare - of which she had no doubt.

An idea had just taken flight within her cranium, but silence swallowed her now, as she awaited the judgement from the one whose opinion she truly did care about, one whom held her heart, her very existence, in the depths of his own golden eyes.

@[Lace]
Sorry for the wait love
image credits
table by whit

Messages In This Thread
Ouvertyr - by Lace - 10-07-2013, 08:26 PM
RE: Ouvertyr - by Mirage - 10-15-2013, 07:16 AM
RE: Ouvertyr - by Random Event - 10-28-2013, 09:27 PM
RE: Ouvertyr - by Lace - 11-04-2013, 04:08 PM
RE: Ouvertyr - by Mirage - 12-06-2013, 04:42 AM
RE: Ouvertyr - by Lace - 12-06-2013, 06:32 AM
RE: Ouvertyr - by Mirage - 12-07-2013, 02:49 AM