the Rift

[DROP] Out On The Ocean Blue

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

The waves crash gently across the shoreline that seems all the paler for having gone so long without the sun. The sand gleams silver in the pre-dawn light, though we will know it to be golden once the sun rises. Still, for now, it gives an almost ethereal feel to the beach, furthered by the rhythmic sounds of the water as the tide comes in. You are walking, or running, or flying along the shoreline, whichever most suits your fancy; perhaps you are taking in the sights of the world, or perhaps you are simply enjoying a morning bout of exercise. Whatever the case may be, you are certainly not expecting anything unusual. No, the return of the gods has dulled your senses, has lulled you into a false sense of security. Luckily, you will not be challenged in this complacency today.

The first ray of sunlight shimmers over the horizon, painting the sky suddenly with the beginning tinges of pink and orange. In a few moments, the clouds will be all afire as myriad shades of red and gold find every nook and cranny of the sky, but for this moment, the colors remain quiet. A lone bird trills from somewhere off in the distance, but its call is interrupted by an entire flock of gulls taking flight. Perhaps you watch them as they rise as one, flying into the wind and yet going nowhere. You might think them brave for the attempt, or you might find their fruitless flapping sad. Or perhaps you have ignored them entirely, for such lowly creatures are not worth the time it would take to acknowledge them.

And then something does catch your eye, out there in the newly-glimmering waves. It's a dark spot against golden water, but if you look closely you might see it pulsing with a faint violet light. What is it? Is it a trick of the light? There is only one way to find out: go and get it.

words words

[This drop is for Dark or Wind magic. You may enter this drop if you have had a Dark magic, a Wind magic, or a hybrid of these magics on your wishlist for at least one month.

The winner will be decided by dice roll. Please provide a link to your wishlist, and declare any extra rolls or previously failed drops in your reply.

This drop will close in 96 hours.]

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
The last time I had traveled this far from my home it had not ended well. Being alone and traveling seemed to do wonders from the ghouls and creeps of the world. But, I was feeling more confident, after all the sun was back out. And, Cirrus had healed my wounds so I could now feel the world around me once more. Clear images beat through my skull as I allowed my legs to stretch out and get closer and closer to where the shoreline was. I just wanted to get closer and closer to something that resembled my old home. I wanted to wade in the waters and feel them as their tendrils wrapped around my lithe frame and welcomed me home. I remember doing something to this effect not that long ago, and having run into someone from the Foothills. Alleo, I believe his name was. And, I would be the first to admit that he was one of the kinder souls that I had run into upon my arrival in these lands.

Gently, I shook my head, and upon feeling the sand against my hooves I broke out into a gallop. I was free. I could smell the salty air as it crawled into my nostrils and reminded me of the home I had left in such a disastrous position. The home that I had needed to leave or risk being killed. The home that I had left my mate and child in. The home that was over run with evil and it's minions. The home that held too many memories for me to every really be gone. My hooves pound in a delicate rhythm. One that has been tweaked and spun in many forms over the years until I had found the one with the least amount of sound and the most amount of ground being covered. I had learned how to be silent over the years, and it did me well. After all, the only problems I seemed to have were when there were thunderstorms that dared to shake the grounds and send my world spinning. Spinning might just be an understatement, though, as I really no longer knew where I was except for the ground that was directly underneath my feet. But now was not the time to be dwelling on the few things that provided me with insecurity. Now was the time to relish the feeling of the water as it lapped up against my freshly healed pelt. I was, after all, a new creature from what I had been a mere week ago.

It was in these last seconds that I allowed my frame to finally stretch out completely and cover as much ground as I possibly could. And, with the sound of gulls flapping in the air in an attempt to fly I couldn't help but to kick my heels up in glee. I was finally back near something that made me feel like I belonged. And, honestly, if I didn't wish for the protection of a family and for a job to complete, nothing would have been able to tear me from this section of Helovia. It would have been my little dominion and I would have been able to attempt to pretend as though everything was normal again.

But nothing would be normal here. There would never be one moment where I could relax and just act like I didn't have to pay attention to what was going on around me. The heartbeat was back. My audits pinned instantly as I came to a sliding halt, sand kicking up in front of me as I back-tracked as quickly as I could. It was far off, but I could feel it and all it did was rotate the memories of the growing heartbeats as they enveloped me and burned at my flesh, singeing my skin and leaving me almost completely immobilized from the pain and lack of ability to move. All I can do is stand there, feeling the water lap against my legs as I peer out toward where the center of the heartbeats is originating from.

Something is different about it, though. And that difference is what has me edging deeper and deeper into the water until I am beginning to wade my way over there. Legs swimming and the muscles working mechanically as they had so many times before in my old home. How I missed the feeling of the water as it carried most of my weight, allowing my thin frame to float. How I missed the feeling of the cool liquid as it splashed into my face and around my chest the more I moved forward. I missed all of these things. And, for some reason, the heartbeat of this other creature was beginning to match with mine - something much different from what had happened in the woods where the heartbeat had tried to force my own body into an erratic rhythm and force me to lose consciousness. This one seemed to be calling me. If only I could get close enough to it to reach it.

I was getting closer though, so close I could almost feel it...

867 words
I'd like to use my VOTG extra roll from the 2/6/13 Layout Contest
Failed the Cerndyr drop, but I don't think that matters since this is completely different. XD
And Wishlist

Shadow Posts: 153
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14.2 :: 8 HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Chan

Breathtaking, peaceful, serene. Such was the day, and such was the mind of the black raven that flitted lazily along the beach on wide-stretched wings. She felt good about herself, in a strangely self-conscious way. Perhaps the aftermath of her encounter with a beautiful stranger was more serious than she had anticipated, or perhaps it was simply the growth and healing of a heart previously torn to shreds. Regardless of which, the inky dove enjoyed the awareness of her own body, of her own personal thoughts where she soared, mimicking the glistening gulls as they rose and sunk along with the wind and the waves.

What was it about the churning of her shoulders muscles that made her smile so coyly? Never before had the stretch of scarred skin over lean flanks made her this warm, nor had she ever enjoyed the play of sunlight over ebony skin to such an extent. Carnesîr her thoughts murmured, and as the mental image of the slender, lean stallion came to her the mare stretched out sensually into a sweeping roll that let the tips of the feathers cut into the glittering surface of the ocean. A turn, a wing-beat followed by several more; even as the shade prepared to dive down into the bowels of the sea she caught sight of something further out towards the horizon. Or rather, it was more the swimming mare below that made her curious, and with the simple tilt of her neck she broke the descent and instead began to follow the horse with interest, lavender orbs peering between the pale equine and her peculiar destination.

Something tickled the mind of the shadow as she regarded the pulsating darkness. The words of a friend came to her, spoken not so very long ago, on a cold, dreadful night that somehow had been made warm and comfortable. "Sometimes the gods grant magic to mortals... You tend to find what you strive for, whether power or companionship... Mayhap one day you too will develop an ability...."

Was this what Midas had meant? This... Peculiarity, this anomaly. It made her cautious and curious at the same time, and the steady approach of it by the swimmer below touched a competitive in her. Snorting and rapidly pushing aside her hesitation, the little pegasus thrust the feathered appendages down in a hard beat soon followed by another, and yet another. With an excited smile on her lips and determination in the eyes Skuggi began to work her way through the calm winds, trying her best to gain speed and pass by the swimmer - she had a feeling that whatever that strangeness was, it wouldn't wait for her to catch up.

Wishlist

Caught a bird and let it go, had a rope and don't you know
When I pulled it down, it settled on the ground
Caught a bird and in a trap, had a lot to give back
When the sun came by you opened up your eyes
image credits

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com HP: 42
Healed
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd
Remember rights that I did wrong, so here I go.</style>

High above, Gaucho circled.

The knowledge that Mawd-jah had disappeared into these waters, still lurked freshly in his primitive mind. The way that the earth had simply uprooted itself, to aid in the spotted stallion's escape, proved too complicated for the bay's mind to understand, and yet, it still troubled him. Even as he pushed it from his mind, it seemed to bob back up the surface - like trying to drown a balloon. In his minds-eye he saw the froth, the waves, saw him disappear in their depths.

Was he still there? Had he aided the invasion of the Throat? Had it all simply been some distraction?

These thoughts circle in his mind, as he circle the Endless Blue - stormy gaze narrowed and fixed upon the cresting waves. As he glided, a spot darker and more stationary than the rest caught his eye. Was it...?

Already, two from his herd had gathered and were wading towards the dark spot in the water. Driven by instinct, Gaucho dove downwards - black wings fixed to his sides to hasten his dive, until the last possible moment.

'YEWNEEKORN TRAP' He bellowed as his wings unfurled, trying to position himself before both Rasta and Shadow. In his antlers, Mara hissed anxiously, weaving and positioning herself so she could keep an eye on the orb, while he faced his herd. Even out here, he would die to protect them. Hovering above the waves, Gaucho snorted and continued to try and bar their movement towards the globe. "Mawd-jah trap." He advised with a grunt, ears laying flat against his skull.

[Gaucho flies down and tries to stop anyone from going near the orb, thinking it's a trap from Mauja >.>

Wishlist. Gaucho was also denied once previously :Link

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Tandavi The Fire Dancer Posts: 245
World's Edge Nurse atk: 6.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Natraj :: Plain Kitsune :: Fire Charks
The girl and her shadow stare at the birds, curious to know why they do not progress. They are big, and white, with splotches of grey; they struggle against the silver dawn, and seem strangely fruitless in their pursuit against the sky. "Why?" asks Tavi, black eyes unblinking and trained on the horizon. Don't know, Natraj replies. Funny.

The girl turns, her dark gaze sharp. It is not, she snaps in her mind. It's unfortunate.

Canine shoulders roll in a nonchalant shrug, the kitsune unfazed by his sister's sharp words. She had been growing restless, short tempered and brash, but he is too close to her to doubt her love. Besides, he's distracted. There are others far away, closer to the sea, and he wants to know what's going on. He whines impatiently at the fiery girl.

Tandavi turns to look at the scene, just as a pegasus streaks through the sky. Her crimson brow furrows in puzzled bemusement - what do they see that is so much more interesting than the birds? She finds herself moving, trailing the shadow that has already charged ahead, his tails held high as tiny yet proud banners. Stumbling through the sand, the filly falls further behind, but Natraj is a desert breed and finds his footing with the ease of inheritance. The shoreline is approaching rapidly, and his golden gaze has room for nothing but excited curiosity. If he strains, he can see an unusual glint among the waves, flickering just beyond where the white mare swims.

Natraj's shrill shriek is her first indicator of the stallion's abrupt descent. Tandavi stops in unsteady tracks and stares at the massive brute as he shouts into the warm sea air. The breath grows tense in her narrow lungs, a sudden fierce protectiveness setting her pulse ablaze. Her brother is more than halfway to the gathered group, paddling in an overwhelmed frenzy to reach the source of attention, while her golden legs are barely stained by the fetlock-deep sea. She gasps, and leaps, surging through the grasping sea with vibrant ferocity, the roll of her muscles rippling under the young copper coat. "Natraj!" She cries, in that just-too-deep voice. Her voice holds an echo of are you okay? mixed with flavors of what the fuck are you doing?!

But Natraj ignores her, making his way valiantly towards the glittering prize, oversized ears pulled tight against the miniscule head. It's a day for adventure, that is for sure, though to what end neither of them yet know.

Wishlist

Image Credits

o. pixel pony credit to tamme
o. permission granted to use force and magic on Tavi
o. only tag me in opening posts, please!

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Congratulations, Rasta! You have won the dark/wind magic drop. Please update the admin with your magic choice.

If you would like to continue this thread, please feel free. When you are ready to begin using your magic, we can arrange a separate RE.

Random List
Dice Roll