the Rift

[OPEN] I've Had The Highest Mountains [Acceptance]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

The body was willing, but my soul is weak.

Onni had healed the flesh, absent heart; it would seem that even the great Sun prophet had her limits. Things such as moral and energy would return, but with time, my comrades told me. Patience they said. But I was eager to be back on the frontline, restored to some semblance of normal. There was almost a feeling of guilt to have been absent from my home on the eve of its crowning. The sun had returned just as I vanished into that forsaken realm and to long had my presence been away from siblings in duty.

My recovery processed more quickly than most; partly birthed from the compassion of friends and family, and lastly a sense of requirement. A leader wasn’t weak. Kri wasn’t weak. “You’re not weak,” a familiar voice chided. Aye. The most passionate one to aid my return was Fina, the loyal phoenix had refused to leave my side for anything other than hunting since the moment of my washing in.

She saw into my mind far better than wagging words could weave a tale. The soul we shared helped her feel everything I had while in that other place; she saw images that nobody else would. During the absence we had been disconnected, the void had left a gaping wound of confusion. A wound that demanded mending…so I showed her everything to bridge any rift between us.

Weakness and insecurities, the very point of death that came thrice over.

Life went on and when I felt well enough we started patrolling the border again.

Silently the pair of us almost effortlessly rode on a salty breath of southern air. There was no higher emotion than the peace that came from having a hot sun at your back and a heart full of purpose. Fina blazed with a fond glow that was her element, the fire had returned when dawn broke. She glided ahead, blue raptor pools catching sight of an alabaster figure toeing the wall. A haunting, yet beautiful song trailed up to heaven. I didn’t possess the ability to translate wolf speak, but to me the tone sounded urgent, almost pleading.

Leaning forward purposely, I came to greet said visitor; ivory wings thrust with slow intent as my legs uncoiled to absorb weight into soft desert sand. A smile was already presenting itself even before feathers had a chance to close and the dust around me to settle. At a glance I could tell that the creature was intelligent, and not like the dumb beasts that often preyed in the Dark forest. Considering the Throat had been home to wolves before, it really wasn't all that strange one would be calling at the door. “Well met," I offered kindly, "How might I be of service?” Fina soared down, cresting across my spine.

GOVERN</style>
He who is a good ruler must first have been ruled.</style>

image by aigle_dore @ flickr.com
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
I've Had The Highest Mountains [Acceptance] - by Raven - 10-08-2013, 04:25 PM
RE: I've Had The Highest Mountains [Acceptance] - by Midas - 10-13-2013, 10:23 PM
RE: I've Had The Highest Mountains [Acceptance] - by Raven - 10-14-2013, 10:33 AM
RE: I've Had The Highest Mountains [Acceptance] - by Raven - 10-14-2013, 01:32 PM