the Rift

enter the heroes

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
Look down, the ground below is crumbling
Look up, the stars are all exploding

The snowy girl seemed to respond positively to Africa's sensitivity; the embrace of her concerned tawny eyes, and the soothing console of a voice which had weathered many situations- both the worst, and the lovely. As dawn's calm light bathed Africa and her young company, she was able to perceive an ever so delicate and subtle pattern forming in pale, creamy-gold across Aurelia's clean white hide- it was, the dappled mare thought as she examined quietly, as though the girl had passed beneath the wispy blooms of an exotic golden Bottlebrush tree only to be permanently stained by the sweet powdery pollen therein. Such dapples were much finer than the considerably morose, colourless puddles which marked Africa's hide.

As the minutes whisked them by, Africa felt a growing tenderness towards Aurelia; an appreciation of sorts because uncannily enough, she could almost see her own reflection sparkling with intrigue, deep within those golden eyes. The girl seemed to be of the same curious mind, hungry to learn; with a heart filled to the very brim with bubbling, desire and ambition. Standing now as the guide, the self-appointed teacher (perhaps), the young grey felt compelled to satisfy that burning craving because she knew, personally, that its bearer would flourish into nothing but a spectacular contributor to their home- just as she felt she had, herself.

"There are many places to the north, Aurelia." Africa replied calmly to the girl's eager, chain of innocent questions. "I have travelled far and wide, and I would love to share with you all that I have seen and learned. Perhaps once you have settled in a home," …she truly hoped, desperately even, that this budding child would return to the Throat with her- the humility and potential was evident, and Africa would more than happily take her under the only wing she had remaining.… "you might accompany me when I explore and travel. "
Again the smile eased itself into her feminine, pale grey complexion as Aurelia asked the next of her queries. "Silas and I, our hearts and souls are bound together. He his my best friend.". The little Zephyr eyed his beloved- her flood of words incomprehensible to him still, and the mare gestured affectionately towards him. "There are many wonders in this world which you will learn." Aurelia had plenty of time, perhaps impatience thundered through her aspiring heart like it had Africa's; the one-winged mare laughed at the thought, but not aloud- her enthusiasm had often landed her in the most precarious of situations.

The snowy girl's final question was unexpected, and met with a bright, warm grin. "Of course you can see Dragon's Throat." She assured, reaching forward to nuzzle against Aurelia's warm nape. "I'm afraid it will be a journey bound to the ground though. Perhaps I can tell you about the regions we will pass through while we travel; that might distract us from the dread of such a task." It was Africa's indirect way of apologising that she could not whisk the girl home quickly; because undoubtedly for one who could indeed still glide in defiance of gravities weight, walking the land might seem arduous.
Guiding their direction in a southerly direction, Africa set off at a relaxed pace- waiting for Aurelia to speak again if she wanted. Afterwards she began to describe the landscape around them- the names of the old trees which they weaved carefully between; the white oaks and redwoods cluttering the Threshold. She explained intricately all that filled their eyes, because she loved natural lore- and of that Helovia carried a great wealth.

Ooc: I will start a Throat thread for us J you can reply this one if you want, or just save it for the next.

credits

Messages In This Thread
enter the heroes - by Aurelia - 10-08-2013, 06:12 PM
RE: enter the heroes - by Africa - 10-09-2013, 10:20 PM
RE: enter the heroes - by Aurelia - 10-17-2013, 08:38 PM
RE: enter the heroes - by Africa - 10-18-2013, 03:29 AM
RE: enter the heroes - by Aurelia - 10-31-2013, 05:49 PM
RE: enter the heroes - by Africa - 10-31-2013, 06:55 PM
RE: enter the heroes - by Africa - 11-06-2013, 07:39 PM