the Rift

darkness, darkness..

Circuta Posts: 100
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 7 Buff: NOVICE
Rhawon :: Siberian Tiger :: None aeolle

Mists shroud the shade as her hooves bring her strong yet feminine frame across the depths of the deepest forests.
It does not worry her, the mists remind her of that of those in the Edge, and a flitting smile crosses her canine maw.
It should concern her, she should worry that she needs to return the Asylum's land and not trespass into
the depth's of a place she knows not of. And yet the night is peaceful, the crickets hum,
and she does not feel afraid. The mists swirl and dance and sing their merry tune, and she dances
along with the ballerinas and song-lovers with grace and ease.

But she does not expect the obscuring mists to leave her, she did not expect
them to lift from her frame and leave her naked and exposed upon the world.
Wary and dark orbs glitter as she gazes with wonder upon the land that befalls
her very visuals. The glowing orange ghouls that light her steps grin with macabre intentions,
whilst other ghouls seem to frown with masquerade masks carved upon their features. The dark, furry bodies
of small creatures with leathery wings stretch far above her dome, attempting to disappear
into the milky pool of the celestial body hanging in limbo in the sky's expanse of gnarled stars.
With light steps she moves, elegant, haughtily raised once more, for she has been blessed.

Dark corridors lead into spidery webs, whilst still other's lead into certain
doom by the jaws of death itself. This is a place of wonder and terror, thrill and horror!
She belongs in it's midst, and a lilting titter of laughter escapes her maw as she pauses to stretch her neck
out towards the glowing disk in the sky. Crazed orbs gleam and sparkle.
The divines have smiled upon her tonight, most certainly!

CREDITS
tagged: @[Delinne]
BLUSL

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina
Something had seriously happened to the Deep Forest.
I was tired, since I had walked from the Meadow to this damned forest for quite a while. Azarel had stayed in the Edge with the herd and I would rip their throats out if they didn't keep my boy safe there. Dezba walked next to me, she was still small but she was getting bigger. Her roar was still squeaky though.
Something had changed me. I knew that it could be Lace, but it felt like something else. I felt darkness tug on my soul as I wandered through the forest. Pumpkins started to show on the ground as I walked deeper in, their faces decorated with jagged smiles and narrowed eyes. Ghouls and ghosts hanged down from the trees too as a thick mist surrounded us. I stopped and let my jaguar jump onto my back. I would not lose her.
The feeling of darkness kept tug on my insides as I continued to walk and I almost felt the rage come forth. Why was I mad? Was I mad because I had left my son in the Edge? Was I mad because I had left my daughter in the Basin? Was I mad because I was a horrible mother?!

I stopped again and stomped my front hoof. I wanted to scream. I just felt... Angry. Hateful. Everything. Was I becoming my father? After all this time? No, I was not a racist sexist son of a bitch. I was Delinne, daughter to Greyskie. The First Princess of Exteria in Dixtrod. I was not the daughter of a tyrant. Not in my world.
My legs moved on and I almost dragged my grey hooves in the ground. Suddenly I heard laughter. Giggling. My blue eyes narrowed as I stopped again and turned 360 degrees. Who was out there? "Who's out there?! Show yourself." I snapped and gazed over the thick mist. It was not disappearing, something that was unusual. It was pretty hot for nighttime and the mist shouldn't be here. Dezba growled quietly on my back, she was too searching the area for signs of life. Not that she was a bigger threat to anyone, but she still had both teeth and claws.
'I'm going crazy...' I thought and felt the urge to lie down. 'No.' I won't lay down. I just won't.
"SHOW YOURSELF, FOR THE GODS' SAKE!" I yelled out, staring into the darkness. My eyes were bloodshot, because I had been crying on almost all my way here from the Meadow. Lace had changed me. I don't know how and I didn't even know if I wanted to know. He had just... Changed me. My soul felt different.

"Found a thin red line of madness."

ooc: Delinne is angry for some reason .-.
word count: 454
tags: @[Circuta]
DELINNE & DEZBA
[Image: 23hlgsp.png]
We will always be a team, no matter what.
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.
Want to meet Delinne? Post in this thread c:

Hidden Account

A song disrupted her in the darkness of the night. A melody of anger and inquiry, and she allowed the liquid
of her laughter to dry to eerie silence. It came from the mists, it came as familiar feminine notes in her harks.
And it asked her who she was. Hah... hah hah... AAH HAH HAH HAH.
The laughter is back. It bubbles from her throat as her hooves bring her across the Earth, her frame sways back
and forth and the giggles continue to erupt. Who is she? Who is she! A most curious question. Who, is she? Is she herself?
Or is she someone else, and she is observing herself? Is she a heroine, a villain? A murderer, a scoundrel?

Her frame falls as ink into the mist which is paper, but it does not spread across the pages.
The voice is not far, the voice is close by, not out of the drenching fog's yet.
She sees it, she sees her, the lover of Zeus and the mother of Apollo. The dark Jaguar
has grown, though he is still young. Little growls rumble from it's throat,
and she shakes her dome to throw away the tears left from her crazed, lilting
giggles.
Her lyrics do spread, however, ink that is sweet to the taste and poison to
the blood.
"I am here, Leto. I do not know who I am, the divine's however.."
A grin slides across her maw, moisture has begun to gather
and grow upon her apparel.
The fog separates them for but a few seconds, shifting with the wind, and for a moment
she sees but a shadow. They are but spectral in the night.

"Come with me, Leto. The divines have created a blessed land free of this cursed
fog not but a few fox-lengths from our location."

And as the shadows, she fades back towards where she came, trusting Leto to follow her. No more words are given,
no more whispers, no proper greeting, and yet perhaps more webs will spin when Leto has seen the land of the fiery orange ghouls.
A gentle blowing of the wind continues, pressing against her harks. It is cool, welcomed.
The grin turns into a small smile as she breaks through the fog, and her pillars
bring her to a abrupt halt.
She observes the land with hunger at what must be found in the shadows. A gift? A secret?
What possibilities await!

BLUSL
CREDITS

Hidden Falls Curiosus II
How had Lace changed me? Well, first of all, I had not seen him since the Battle. Emotions, history. And he had told my son that he was my friend. More emotions. Meeting that equine had been emotionally difficult, but now was not a moment to think about such. Now I had to defend me and Dezba. "I am here, Leto... I do not know who I am. The divine's however..." The crazed laughing continued and I stared at the black mare. Leto. I recognized that nickname, and that voice. But where had I heard this voice before? It didn't take my mind long before I reckoned the memory of Azarel's birth.. She had been there. Helping me. "It's you." I say, my voice low as I relaxed my tensed bodice.
"Come with me, Leto. The divines have created a blessed land free of this cursed fog not but a few fox-lengths from our location." God, this mare was mysterious, but I trusted her. She had protected me, Azarel and Dezba when we were in trouble and helped my golden lover fight. I trusted her deeply, and she had my loyalty thanks to that day. Therefor, I couldn't resist following her into the darkness of the woods.

We didn't walk for very long, because the strange mare halted after a little while. Pumpkins with carved faces stood around us, spider webs connected the trees in the Deep Forest. What had happened here? Had the Gods decorated this, or someone else? The mare had a little smile on her kissers, making her look even more crazy than I thought she was.
"Stranger, I must know one thing. What is your name? You never told us your name on the day Azarel was born and I need to know who I can thank for that." Dezba sat nicely on my back as I spoke, but shifted slightly. She wanted to say hello to the mare. Had my little feline met the mare since my son's birthday?
I observed the horned mare closely as I walked up to her side. The wind was blowing cold and both Dezba and I shivered. The fog had lifted and in front of us were a land of carved orange fruits as well as ghouls and ghosts hanging from the trees. When had this mysterious place appeared?

"I don't remember if I told you my real name." I suddenly said, my voice was low and soft like a whisper as I didn't think it was necessary to speak loudly. She was right next to me, so why would I waste my voice? "I'm Delinne. But, you can call me Dell or Deli. Your choice." Dezba purred on my back and stomped on my withers with one paw. I smiled vaguely and glanced back at my little cub. "And the feline is Dezba." A satisfied purr vibrated my back and I felt my companion's aura. She was happy now. And so was I, because most of the anger that had haunted me earlier was gone.
Finally.

ooc: Bad start, awesome end xD
word count: 508
DELINNE & DEZBA
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.

Hidden Account

It's you, said the black and white lady. The smile across her maw had grown, was it her? It was her! Or was she a
image of her, and she was somewhere else? It was hard to know, really. Ah, but regardless of where
she was, her body stood here to serve as a carrier of sins and a deceiver of words.
Leto followed her into the clearing, the fog behind their backs standing
as a smooth wall, barring them from reality, far, far away, away
into the distance. How insane must she look,
to this sane lady. Bemusement was heavy in her orbs, yet
she sobered her expression as Leto's words entered her harks.
She wished to know her name? The name that blessed her damned frame?

Before she could speak, Leto came yet closer to her. She was not accustomed
to being so close to others, and discomfort blemished in her mind.
She spoke of her own name, a noble yet sweet murmur of Delinne. Leto, Delinne,
one, and the same. On her back purred the ink-feline, and she spoke
the name of her companion as well. Dezba. It spoke of war, a fitting
titled to the shadowed she.
Anger seemed to dissipate from the lady now, calmed
from her earlier screeching. A bird, whose ruffled feathers have laid flat
upon their frame.
"A noble title you ordain, Leto. A suiting name for you, as well, shadowed warrior."
Lyrics were spoken with silk, a black widow, in the midst of a web.
"An answer to your inquiry. I am known as others as Circuta. Deem me as you wish."

A few seconds of silence echoed in the strange land, before she quietly filed her
first question into the air. Indigo orbs flitted with curiosity.
"Have you found an sanctuary in the Edge of the World, Leto?"
A simple question. She hoped the DragonHeart had blessed her well.

BLUSL
CREDITS

Hidden Falls Curiosus II
It had been no use that I had told the mare my name. She still referred to me as Leto, a name I had never heard before Azarel's birthday. But, I was okay with it. She may call me whatever she'd like.
"A noble title you ordain, Leto. A suiting name for you, as well, shadowed warrior. An answer to your inquiry. I am known as others as Circuta. Deem me as you wish." Circuta. It reminded me of electricity, and death, but a mare who had saved me and the lives of my son, companion and lover deserved a better meaning of her name. She allowed me to deem her, but what could I possibly name her? I was used to calling others by the names they were given by their parents. My mind was spinning as I tried to think of a name fitting for the crazy mare, and suddenly smiled. "Then I shall deem you, Amika." Friend. We stood there for a while in silence and my bonded yawned tiredly. The scars on her face wrinkled weirdly, but as long as they were healing, I didn't care much about them. As long as my companion wasn't in pain.

Curious words from Amika broke the silence and I turned an ear her way. "Have you found an sanctuary in the edge of the world, Leto?" I closed my eyes and lowered my eyes, allowing my lips to turn into a smile. Had I found peace in my old herdland? Had I been welcomed? Yes. But thanks to Lace, my thoughts were wandering in another direction nowadays. My only real friend - as I saw him. He wasn't a part of the Edge anymore and honestly, I didn't know how I would survive without a single friend in my own herd. I looked up at the mare again as I began to speak. "Honestly, Amika... I don't know." I whispered and let out a deep sigh.
Dezba raised her head from my back, suddenly wide awake, and tilted her head at my words. Her aura was questioning my decision and I could almost hear her voice in my head, asking why I said so.
"Sure, I'm glad that we found a home, but... I don't know. It feels weird and I almost feel like an idiot for choosing the World's Edge as my home a second time. I can't even understand why they would accept me..." My audio was low and soft as if I breathed the words.

I gazed out over the landscape before us and a smile took over the sadness that was rolling in to shadow my thoughts.
"Hey, what do you say? Should we explore this place a little?" I raised my head and let the smile become wider. I was kind of curious about this haunted playground, and surely this mare didn't think otherwise.
Time to explore, right?

ooc: x3
word count: 484
DELINNE & DEZBA
Remember?

Hidden Account

The mistress Leto speaks her fresh title, a title that is hidden with a song and covered with letters.
In between the question she posed, the little warrior yawns, and a further curl of the lip upwards
in slight bemusement. It's a interesting creation, it will grow to be fearsome, and powerful beyond measures.

When the question is posed, Leto closes the lids to her orbs and allows the softest of smiles to grow upon her
maw. She seems to be pleased, yet the shadow mare listens as she tells her she knows not of her happiness. The warrior is confused
at dear Leto's words as well, for the ink feline lift's it's dome and tilts it to the side in misunderstanding.
She speaks of joy at the prospect of finding a place to rest her head, and yet paradoxically she
speaks of idiocy. A mixed, bubbling emotion that rises with low whisper in her tone, in her song.
The softest of sympathies escapes her in quiet song to match her own,
low and lilting.
"Your words brim with insecurities. Allow trust to flow around the river of your minds edge, your family
is essential to you. The walls of brotherhood extend from that which share our flesh and lineage, to that which
we defend and care for. That which we trust our existences to. A choice is better then no choice at all, my dear Leto. No matter the outcome,
we must prevail."

The webs spin, the gears turn in her mind, she is a clockwork of intelligence and dark emotion, a clockwork
of confusing wires and oil, tears and silk as thin as paper and just as delicate.
A shadow mare who can stand in the midst of the burning sun, a shadow mare who is a eternal paradox,
living as a example for the generations to come. Do not be cursed, her history breathes, do not be as the damned.

Yet, Leto smiles as she lifts her pearls to gaze outwards upon the divines land,
and the shade's visuals follow her own into the flame-lit corridors.
What does she say, hmm? To explore, to learn, to find treasures of the deep?
"Indeed, lady Leto. Let us venture."
The darkened shade grins with the slightest hints of the insane in her violet orbs,
moving forth before the Lady may speak again.
This is her home, the land of the insane, the grinning toothed fruits, the
jagged smiles and demons that lurked in the corridors.
She was as at home here as she was anywhere, she was comfortable in this land, and made a point
of declaring her rule here. A keen gaze scans the corners of her vision with alert harks,
dare anything make a move that even appeared threatening, she would impale them with her horn.
And make a new decoration!, she thought with glee.
Oh ho ho, what fun!

BLUSL
CREDITS

Cause she's a Cruel Mistress
And a bargain must be made