the Rift

Quiet Patrol [MadMask]

Smoke the Wild Rose Posts: 128
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 10 Buff: SWIFT
Zaffre :: Common Blue Dragon :: Fire Breath Kachie
It amused her to note the tiny adjustments his body made once he realized she was giving him as thorough a look over as he had given her. Even if her gaze was cool and even, lacking in the fire of appreciation that lurked always in a stallion's gaze, he put himself off to best display. He was a proud one, comfortable in his skin and a fine specimin of stallion-hood. There was a brief moment where she felt a flutter of approval, and then she was amused by herself. She supposed it was only natural to appreciate masculine beauty, though her own recent history in the area of romance was enough of a reminder to behave. She'd lost both Gunslinger and Frostbite not long after expressing interest, and it was best not to jinx things.

For now they walked, pacing the limits of the Foothills. Zaffre continued to pace them from the trees, chirruping softly when the big stud paid particular attention to him. He was accustomed to being acknowledged by a variety of individuals, so merely took it in stride to receive a grin and a nod.

"Mmm," she murmured in acknowledgement to his comment. "No farther than my daughter has walked, and not as far as some." Here she glanced at him with an amused little smile. She knew he remembered the tid-bits she'd revealed when trying to impress her role upon that overly proud and pompous young stallion. Annoyance still flickered within her at the thought of Viserys, for he reminded her overly much of Imiq. "My life has been mostly simple, if you can call dodging war and death almost every season while too-proud stallions and their followers fought over whether wings or horns or neither were best." A disdainful snort was given as she flicked her tail against her haunches. "I survived, I loved, I fought, I hated. I tried to change things to the better, one life at a time, until even the land could no longer tolerate the political games that were played and the blood that was shed, and rose to cast us out with the shades of our dead. It was no longer equines against unicorns against pegasi. It was the living against the dead. So we fought, we died, we fled, and survived. To start over, here." It was a simple, if wordy explanation. No specifics, merely hints of smaller events against the background of the larger drama. If he wanted more, he'd have to ask. For some reason she didn't mind telling him all this... perhaps it was because he was Mirage's brother, as well as one of her own warriors?

Messages In This Thread
Quiet Patrol [MadMask] - by Smoke - 08-07-2012, 02:03 AM
RE: Quiet Patrol [MadMask] - by Madyrn Maskan - 08-09-2012, 06:44 AM
RE: Quiet Patrol [MadMask] - by Smoke - 08-10-2012, 03:35 PM
RE: Quiet Patrol [MadMask] - by Madyrn Maskan - 08-14-2012, 06:44 AM
RE: Quiet Patrol [MadMask] - by Smoke - 08-16-2012, 01:56 PM
RE: Quiet Patrol [MadMask] - by Madyrn Maskan - 09-05-2012, 06:57 AM
RE: Quiet Patrol [MadMask] - by Smoke - 09-05-2012, 10:06 PM
RE: Quiet Patrol [MadMask] - by Madyrn Maskan - 09-06-2012, 05:22 AM
RE: Quiet Patrol [MadMask] - by Smoke - 10-05-2012, 07:12 PM