the Rift

an old soldier [open]

Vladic Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

His pace was a slow amble, a walk with purpose but not urgency. He felt no need to rush anywhere and his current speed had taken him from realm to realm without issue. But age was starting to catch up to him and he could feel himself slowing with every step. His bones creaked, joints protesting as he slowed to a stop; rolling his shoulders and feeling the knots in the muscles. Curling his chin to his chest, he stretched his neck until the familiar click and pop of weary joints was felt and he released with a sigh. A sound on his blind side caused him to twitch and adjust his position, large head swinging around to fix the cause with a blank, benign stare. A young mare – no, a filly – a dainty little thing with a dark coat that looked as if she had come through a snowstorm. And so very young. Back home, one of such age would not be allowed away from their guardian’s side – they’d be in training for whatever job they had been assigned to. They certainly wouldn’t be allowed to wander unaccompanied in the wilds. It just hammered home how far he travelled.

As she spoke, he blinked at her, slowly. Vaguely she reminded him of one of his messengers and had her spots been that little bit whiter and her horn that little bit more crooked he would have considered her to be the reincarnated spirit of the mare he knew well. Mismatched ears flicked idly, switching between focussing on the filly and keeping tabs on the area around them. A pretty, if gangly youth, her age showing on her body. He had seen so many children through the years, it was easy to predict she would be the kind to turn heads once she matured. She identified herself as Cypress and he hummed in thought – that was before those thoughts were interrupted by another.

Another mare, older this time, of similar yet different colouration to the first. Elegant, radiant. It seemed to be a theme. Her speech was refined, her movements seeming rehearsed and perfected. Professional, and something to be respected. He mirrored her slightly, dipping his head in greeting as he pondered the name ‘Helovia’ along with the mare’s own. He focused momentarily on the mare’s companion, brows twitching in curiosity. “Hmm,” a deep rumble, down in the depths of his chest, ragged lips pressing together. “Lena. Cypress. My name is Vladic.” A deep voice, like rolling thunder in the distance. Gentle, calm, passive. “I seek and end to my wandering, if such a thing exists.” Once again his attention was pulled to the fox-like thing that tailed the mare and he frowned at it. “Miss Lena, if I may, I have never seen such a creature like your companion. Enlighten me to what it is?”

Messages In This Thread
an old soldier [open] - by Vladic - 10-11-2013, 05:29 PM
RE: an old soldier [open] - by Cypress - 10-12-2013, 03:24 AM
RE: an old soldier [open] - by Lena - 10-12-2013, 04:23 PM
RE: an old soldier [open] - by Vladic - 10-13-2013, 10:45 AM
RE: an old soldier [open] - by Ciceron - 10-13-2013, 02:26 PM
RE: an old soldier [open] - by Cypress - 10-14-2013, 08:53 PM
RE: an old soldier [open] - by Lena - 10-15-2013, 03:49 PM
RE: an old soldier [open] - by Vladic - 10-21-2013, 07:17 PM
RE: an old soldier [open] - by Ciceron - 10-21-2013, 08:04 PM
RE: an old soldier [open] - by Cypress - 10-23-2013, 09:08 PM
RE: an old soldier [open] - by Lena - 10-24-2013, 04:53 PM