the Rift

an old soldier [open]

Cypress Posts: 72
Hidden Account
Filly :: Unicorn :: 12 hands :: 10 months
Cy
A small amused smile crossed the young foal's face as she saw the scarred stallion blink slowly before he spoke in a ground rumbling voice.“Young Cypress, sate an old man’s curiosity. Where are you from, and why is a youngblood like yourself alone? Are you born of this land, or elsewhere?” the smile lifted itself from her face, and her thoughts until Cypress thought she could not think of something happy anymore. Lifting her soft and thankfully unscared chin she responded. Deciding to use nicknames for the equines around her. "Alone. Well, that is a good question Sir Booming voice, everyone is here for a reason and I think you deserve to know mine. I am here because I simply just wandered here. I lost my family when we were running away from a pack of vicious dogs. I lost them, taking a different rout and ever since I have been just wandering these unknown lands."

Taking a breath Cypress let more thoughts flow, about this land... Helovia. It sounded magical and different from the other lands that she had seen in her travels which she had started not too long ago. Eyes drifting to the old and scarred stallion, just noticing one of his eyes were white and one brown. Beautiful in Cypress's mind.

The eyes of all the equine around Cypress were the same as all. They could show fear, love, kindness, honesty and secrets. Cypress knew this well as one of the unicorns she had met on her travels had told her what the eye could hold. The power it could hold. The secrets!

Letting the older equines of the small group start to chat Cypress didn't join in, for she was not that interested in joining a herd, but the thought crossed her mind ever so often that she just wanted to think of something else. The thought sometimes scared her, to have a job in the herd when she grew older and maybe a foal. For a moment Cypress just let her senses drown the voices of the older and give her surroundings more attention. The dry leaves of trees were rolling across the ground were the hot sun beat down. Twitching her ears she heard the rustle of a small mouse scurrying through undergrowth, not too far away. She could smell a sweet scent of nutmeg and rose on the soft breeze. It being the first one Cypress had felt since she had started talking to Vladic and the others, she enjoyed it. Letting her eyelids close over her emerald green eyes.

The mention of her name pulled her back to the others, "Everyone in the Foothills are very welcoming and the lands offer much to us all. I believe that you would enjoy it there Cypress but that is your choice to make, I do not want you to feel forced one way or another. Just know that you are more then welcome to accompany me should either of you wish." The thought of taking a herd struggled against Cypress again. It felt like pain though it wasn't. It was annoyance. The thought would come up so much, Cypress hated it. She didn't like thinking about it. Quickly she wiped her face of expression, the annoyance hopefully didn't show on her face, as she didn't want to hurt the Dappled Grey stallion's feelings. Clearing her throat Cypress answered her gaze meeting his. "I don't know Ciceron... This is a new land and... I would like to explore it. But a herd... I just don't know. I honestly think I would be better outside a herd." He nudged her shoulder in reassurance. "Sorry" she muttered her voice inaudible.

wordcount:614
ooc: Sorry I took so long!
tags:@[Lena] @[Ciceron] @[Vladic]

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
an old soldier [open] - by Vladic - 10-11-2013, 05:29 PM
RE: an old soldier [open] - by Cypress - 10-12-2013, 03:24 AM
RE: an old soldier [open] - by Lena - 10-12-2013, 04:23 PM
RE: an old soldier [open] - by Vladic - 10-13-2013, 10:45 AM
RE: an old soldier [open] - by Ciceron - 10-13-2013, 02:26 PM
RE: an old soldier [open] - by Cypress - 10-14-2013, 08:53 PM
RE: an old soldier [open] - by Lena - 10-15-2013, 03:49 PM