the Rift

[PRIVATE] Take Me There [Torleik]

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
And 15 years later. It felt good to write this, so I finally got you a post :) Sorry it's taken so long. :-/

TORLEIK
Death follows into your watery grave

The dark stallion would have understood her predicament had he known it. To experience memories over and over, unbidden and uncontrollable every time his eyes slid closed or he slipped into slumber was something he was not yet done struggling with in his own life. Eventually the exhaustion would take over and there would be a single night of deep, dead-to-the-world sleep, but that would energize his body just enough to keep going for a few more days of hell – and the cycle would start over again. Torleik understood Brisa’s hell all too well and so he tried to comfort her, sensing that they shared something though few words were truly exchanged, and even less truth was shared between them.

His words were meant to help the white mare along to a realization that he had come to some months ago, the only reason he was able to sleep: Torleik had to admit to himself that memories were just that. At worst they were vivid mental recollections of horrific pain. At best they were vague, blurry and incoherent stressors. But either way, all they could do was sap his emotional reserve and his energy – they could never truly harm him. Brisa argued, subtly and politely, against the simplicity of his statement and Torleik didn’t blame her. He had resisted at first as well. “But it is,” he urged. “Memories are only pictures in your head. They can only drum up past hurt, they cannot cause present, fresh wounds. You will only ever pick at the scabs of old ones and watch the blood trickle out.”

Their talk shifted and he allowed it, knowing that he would not want others to press him for information about himself he did not want to share. He would show Brisa the same respect. The Edge… he thought, knowing he had been there before and the situation had not gone well. The dual-horned stallion frowned a little. He could likely walk her to the borders, but perhaps it would be best if he did not go in very far; not if all equines were as judgemental as the bitch he’d encountered the sands – the two of them, really: that loudmouthed one and the one with the dagger in her tail. “Questions are irksome sometimes, aren’t they?” the dark male mused. “They are often fettered with good intentions that only seem to make the inquiries even more of a prison. But questions are the only way we learn…” he finished with a wry smile. “If you are uncomfortable being asked questions, you may ask me some if you want. I am capable of handling my unpleasant demons well-enough, nowadays.”

@[Brisa]

Afrolovertje & ximpossible @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Take Me There [Torleik] - by Brisa - 10-12-2013, 01:07 PM
RE: Take Me There [Torleik] - by Torleik - 10-25-2013, 01:16 AM
RE: Take Me There [Torleik] - by Brisa - 10-28-2013, 10:09 PM
RE: Take Me There [Torleik] - by Torleik - 11-01-2013, 02:42 AM
RE: Take Me There [Torleik] - by Brisa - 11-01-2013, 11:06 PM