the Rift

[PRIVATE] Take Me There [Torleik]

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
TORLEIK
Long is the winter of a man's soul

The pristinely white mare returned his gentle touch after a brief shiver, and Torleik hoped that his kindness was helping. He did not wish for her to ache in loneliness as he had, and still did. Brisa began to speak, and he listened quietly, raptly, the ability to quietly absorb a tale a skill that had been instilled in him from a young age. His people would spend their free time around warm hearths, drinking, swapping tales of the gods, great mythical warriors, and glorious deeds they themselves had accomplished. Hearing a story was something he hadn’t had the chance to experience in some time, and he relished the ability to simply listen and drink in what was being told.

The mare’s tale was sad and overflowing with pain, and his heart went out to her. To have your family slaughtered, your body treated as a vessel for pleasure, your pain irrelevant to those who used you…Torleik could only imagine what sort of lasting vestiges of trauma those acts caused to linger in Brisa’s body and mind. Curling his head around hers to comfortingly rub her neck with his muzzle as she reached out to touch him, he waited patiently while she recovered. What could he say that would make that better? Nothing. Words would only ring hollow in this moment, trying to put the past, feelings, pain, loss, into tangible, audible sounds…. With no speech to distract him, her skin pressed against his nose, her warmth on him, Torleik found it nigh impossible to ignore that Brisa’s body was begging him for something he wasn’t sure he could – or even should give, especially considering their topic of conversation.

Would he seem insensitive? The dual-horned demon would hate himself if he did anything to make Brisa think he was like the males she had encountered before. He did not want her for what she could give to him, and he truly desired to help her.

But her scent was driving him mad, impossible to ignore, and the longer he stayed like this the harder it would be to simply walk away. Would it be so bad? They were both lonely. Could he? Brisa was not the only one with sour memories of such couplings, and a wave of deep guilt came crashing over his pathetically built palisade walls; there to keep others out, but never able to stop the liquidity of the oceanic emotions held inside. He did not deserve such a thing, such a moment here, from this woman. Not when he was guilty of what had harmed her.

Still, a moment of weakness gripped him and Torleik lightly lipped at her neck, shifting his back half in an attempt to alleviate some of the mounting tension in his body. They were both cracked, but cracks were not always weakness. Cracks caught thing, were edges to stand on, places to firmly hold to. Life was lived in the cracks. Perhaps this was understood between them. Perhaps just one moment would be allowed. Perhaps it could heal them both – or at least begin the process.

"talk talk talk"
'Mental talking'
Thoughts

-----------------------
OOC: I am so painfully slow. -cries- lol. Did the awkwardness of this fully come through? Because so much awk.
Credits: Image by Flowering Fatality @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Take Me There [Torleik] - by Brisa - 10-12-2013, 01:07 PM
RE: Take Me There [Torleik] - by Torleik - 10-25-2013, 01:16 AM
RE: Take Me There [Torleik] - by Brisa - 10-28-2013, 10:09 PM
RE: Take Me There [Torleik] - by Torleik - 11-01-2013, 02:42 AM
RE: Take Me There [Torleik] - by Brisa - 11-01-2013, 11:06 PM
RE: Take Me There [Torleik] - by Torleik - 11-12-2013, 07:39 PM