the Rift

[OPEN] This Foreign Land [Acceptance]

Blitzen Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

This is where I was lead to. This place was called the Windtossed Foothills. I stopped walking right before the indicated borders, seeing it as simple respect for this new herd. It was like walking into someone's home or cave. This was their territory and until I was officially accepted by someone, I would be trespassing. I was a respectful person and I treated others how I would wish to be treated. I saw nothing wrong with this.

Comet circled in the air, but my thoughts crossed his mind like they were his own. A command, not just a request, was given to him and it was simple; kind yet stern. [Image: snowflake_zps06f77df3.png]"Do not cross the border, even in the air. We could be running on soft ground and we have no clue as to how they will react." A wave of uncertainty came over me, a reflection of Comet's own feelings.

He circled once more then entered a dive bomb towards me. At last minute, his wings flared out with a thrust and stopped his propelling body. He softly landed on my back, his talons gripping my coat. It was a weird feeling at first, but you could used to it. You developed callouses and the skin toughened after constant 'abuse'.

My shaggy coat had already begun to shed with this foreign weather. I had never in my life had this happen. This warmer weather was morphing my body. My coat had always had a certain shine to it but the hot rays coming from this world's sun created a different shine on my coat.

My silky dark brown mane was tossed as an abrupt and swift breeze crossed my path. I shifted my weight and waited. I was sure someone would notice my tall self and perhaps had already noticed the bird with four legs and a tail flying through the air. A small and friendly grin played across my lips. [Image: snowflake_zps06f77df3.png]"I was brought here by Solace. I wish to join the Foothills."

[Image: snowflake_zps06f77df3.png]"Blitzen Talk." - [Image: snowflake_zps06f77df3.png]"Blitzen Thoughts." - [Image: snowflake2_zps064d8f50.png]"Comet Thoughts"

Artemis Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Sei
Tired legs carried the weary general through the lands, tracing the familiar contours with blind steps. She paid attention only when it felt like she must, for the quiet and the birdsong did nothing to worry her and gave her time to shut off, even for a moment. The mare felt useless unless she was being active, so by playing even a small role in this land would be a great thing for her. As it was, her role was by no means small, though it was shared with another. No, she had duties now, and the protection of the land was paramount.

She had heard too many soft whispers in the woods at night. The fear that someone, somewhere, might creep through the shadows and pounce upon unsuspecting backs was a greater threat Han anyone seeme to realise. Maybe they were happy in their ignorance; it was often said it was blind, after all. She sighed. Se would rather be tense and ready than bliss, slow and stupid.

As she patrolled the borders, she heard hoof beats. Her head lifted and she came to a standstill. Warm air caressed her shoulders as the sun belted down upon her porcelain pelt. Light apples on her legs seemed to shimmer like quicksilver and her ivory horn glinted with malice as she narrowed her eyes. Who was there? She hastened her steps, raising her crest high and throwing back her long, braided banner with a snort. Twisted horn seemed to glimmer with anticipation.

Through the sparce trees on the border, she spotted a dark pelted form with odd markings that reminded her of a newborn fawn, yet much deeper chocolate in hue, upon his head were a series of huge spikes, deadly in appearance yet hard to wield if they were as heavy as they seemed. She would do much more damage with her single, honed blade that he would with his overpowered skull. Yet as she neared with caution, muscles twitching, she heard him speak out. Now, Artmis knew the name Slace from herd meetings, but had never met the stag herself, so she was still weary of the stranger. Still, she had brought many back from the threshold herself. He could be okay. Maybe her nerves were just acting up?

She still rched her head proudly, but her blade seemed to dull at the lack of conflict. "Hail, stranger. I am Artemis, General of the Foothills and a loyal sister of Apollo, our leader." She spoke, voice more feminine than her appearance gave her credit for. "You wish to join our ranks? Tell me, what skills do you bring, if any? That weapon upon your head seems fierce, but can you use it?" She did not mean to be stern, but Artemis was not. Meek nor kindly creature to simply smile and let a stranger enter the lands without formal chat first. She did, however, manage a small smile. A tiny gesture that she wasn't as beastly as she made out.

Ooc- Art can accept you in Apollos place.
[Image: 258b4tv.jpg]

Blitzen Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

It wasn't long at all before I was approached. A snow white lady approached with a most unusual marking resembling the color of bright and fresh blood on her face in the shape that looked like she had a gash on her crown and nose. It brought concern upon my face for a split second, but I soon realized it was only a marking. Comet's own uneasiness was felt through our shared thought but it was soon settled with my discovery.

This lady wielded her own silver gilded blade, rotating and spiraling through her cranium much like a deformed sapling reaching for sunlight. I looked down at her, making eye contact and taking in her eyes as well. I was a very observative creature. I wished to know certain details for certain reasons such as for future positive identification. They were a steely blue.

My shoulders stood a good foot taller than her own... it was something I had grown used to. And to be honest, I didn't mind.

She willed her words in a tone that was stern yet friendly in a way... it was contradicting but I understood. She reminded me of someone that was in military rankings and once she gave her introduction, my assumptions proved correct.

[Image: snowflake_zps06f77df3.png]"A pleasure, Lady Artemis." My head dipped for a split second in nod and I continued [Image: snowflake_zps06f77df3.png]"My name is Blitzen and this is Comet." I indicated the griffon on my back. She asked me of my skillsets and I paused for a moment before letting my gruff yet warm voice pour into the air again.

[Image: snowflake_zps06f77df3.png]"The question you ask is difficult, I guess you could say. You see, I hail from Winterseige which is a place where we are all family and only love and warmth and friendliness permeates into the air. I have never used these horns unless I have had to, which has only been to fend off predators, so my training in combat is limited. I have never attacked someone. I know a small amount about herbs to heal and I was taught to craft a long time ago. I could be useful, I would simply need to be taught and pushed and trained in the right direction."

The muscles in my legs flexed as I shifted my weight. Raw power from me was apparent. My speed wasn't all too great and I was perfectly fine with that. I was strong and tough... thick. I could handle many licks and many hard conditions. I was hardy. And if I dealt a blow... it was usually deadly or extremely serious.

@[Artemis] [[I don't mind at all! ^^ Thank you for replying! If you don't want to be tagged just let me know and I'll stop and remove this. :)]]
[Image: snowflake_zps06f77df3.png]"Blitzen Talk." - [Image: snowflake_zps06f77df3.png]

"Blitzen Thoughts."
- [Image: snowflake2_zps064d8f50.png]"Comet Thoughts"