the Rift

heartache [open]
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
( Trying to get this political stuff out of the way so we can include Aylin again x.x )

Strange, how mere words and unspoken possibilities soothed him. Despite the obvious fact that the relaxation originated from himself he could've kicked himself for allowing it. But still, there he was, slowly being consumed by a curiosity that pushed the wariness out. She was a wolf, they were all wolves - apparently not divided by the racism that "plagued" the horses. He wouldn't have picked those words to describe it himself, but he seemed to be the minority around here and kept quiet about it. Hopefully Aylin would approve of him being so accepting of a wolf, and spread the tale to those who looked at him with narrowed eyes. His words slipped into the air and he saw the wolf's ears fall back, as if he'd crushed some dream of hers, or hurt her; for a slight moment he felt guilty for it, but then pushed it aside, listening to her hushed voice instead. She offered herself so freely to him, heart and body and soul, suggesting rules - warning of dangers. Ah.. how could he resist that? The help of something as large and fierce as a wolf, an abnormally large unnamed subspecies of it? There just wasn't anyway, and he smiled softly, pushing the greed aside. She was a clever creature, knowing that if she were to get tangled up in their world she had to pay heed to their rules. And if he denied her to live here - well, there wasn't any telling where she would go. Just as with prickly Coris, he felt that he couldn't let this asset fall into the hooves of someone else. To meet a wolf on the battlefield... Disastrous. He fought down the shiver of pleasant excitement, keeping his body still.

"Forgive me my lack of manners - I am Mauja. And.. impossible, no, but mildly problematic at first. I myself have reacted with distrust, for wolves seldom take interest in my kind unless it's an attempt to make dinner out of us. To simply toss you into the midst of my family might elicit fear and distrust, but over time, surely they will grow used to your presence and accept you. In fact, I feel honored that you want to live here, and help protect this forest," he told her, his smile growing slightly warmer as he spoke. If he simply kept her around, and let the herd know that she was harmless and not to be harmed, then they'd probably grow used to her - accept her, too. Who knew where that would lead? And since he wasn't actively including her, Ulrik couldn't say anything about his heart being led astray. Right? The mechanic seemed to have a fascination for canines, since he always had one following on his heels, soulless eyes regarding the world with a constant red glow. "I could name you a Warden of the World's Edge, which would give you a right to be on here should someone question you about it." His eyes narrowed a fraction, focusing on her. "But with it would come the responsibility to help keep this land, and preferably by pack too, safe from harm, whether it be gods or mortals. Would you be willing to offer your protection in exchange for safe conduct and recognition throughout this forest? It would certainly make your task of helping the forest easier if you were not questioned wherever you went." And the promise to attempt to include you in said pack in the future... Please say yes, even if you have some terms to add.
night-fate-stock -- dreamofsandman -- deirdre-T -- deviantart.com // i-mi.deviantart.com
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
heartache [open] - by Aylin - 08-07-2012, 10:03 AM
RE: heartache [open] - by Arathea - 08-08-2012, 06:41 AM
RE: heartache [open] - by Mauja - 08-08-2012, 08:31 AM
RE: heartache [open] - by Aylin - 08-12-2012, 09:34 AM
RE: heartache [open] - by Arathea - 08-13-2012, 07:44 AM
RE: heartache [open] - by Mauja - 08-13-2012, 09:36 AM
RE: heartache [open] - by Arathea - 08-17-2012, 01:17 PM
RE: heartache [open] - by Mauja - 08-18-2012, 05:54 AM
RE: heartache [open] - by Arathea - 08-18-2012, 11:51 AM
RE: heartache [open] - by Mauja - 08-20-2012, 09:07 AM