the Rift

[PRIVATE] the sweetest love song [Destry, Azarel]

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark

To celebrate my turning of age, I fly to the place where I was born. The Meadow, the place that haunted me so, I was back. I stand tall as I look down over the field of flowers, dancing in the Tallsun breeze. My wings were stretched out, larger now. In my head, I remember Father, showing me how to prepare my wings for flight. His face was a blur of bleached gold, the only feature that was distinct was his burning eyes, holding all the fires to exist. Those eyes were haunting me now as I stood and looked down, my heart throbbing. My birth was a blur, the only thing I really remember was a speckled stallion and black mare, talking. I left with them and Mother, leaving father to scream and weep. I hadn't looked back as we strolled away from him, leaving him to weep alone.

That had been four seasons ago, and I had grown since then. Now, I was bigger, built with more muscle, and I was more mature. I raised my muzzle to the dancing sky. The colors of sunset make a beautiful painting, using blues, purples, pinks, reds, oranges and yellows. The colors danced on my dark coat, and in my ruby eyes. They did their daily ritual, dancing in their colorful gowns to celebrate the coming of the moon. I released my breath, letting it roll in the gentle wind. My ivory locks flow over my neck, trying to run free with the wind. My open wings catch the breeze, changing its pattern, altering its flow. I sigh, closing my eyes for a moment. The scent of a thousand flowers waltzes over my nostrils, but there is one scent that is off. One scent that is so distant, yet so familiar. My mind whirls as the wind gently whispers a word into my ear.

"Mother."

Spinning my head around, I catch sight of the familiar body, white patterns dancing over the blackened body. There was a pink scar running across the side... another sign. The eyes the figure held gave it all away, sweet, loving and gentle blue sapphires. There was a small creature dancing around Mother's legs, its eyes as blue as hers. It was a young cat, Mother's companion no doubt. A smile is brought to my dark lips before I realize what she has done to me. The smile is flipped, turning into a simple, delicate frown. The tears are already pushing past, reaching down my cheeks.

Opening my quivering lips, I call out. My call is splattered with all my emotions, a mess of anger and rage, joy and relief, and a sudden sadness. "Mother!" I sprint down the little hill I stood upon, my long legs carrying me swiftly over the ground. I halt before her, the tears now running at a steady rate. "You... you left me." I whimper, my lips too shaky to make anymore words. I feel my breast ache, the heart beneath slowly cracking. "How could you leave me like that? You... you never came to get me." My lyrics are unstable, barely sliding off my tongue as my lungs grasp for air. "How could... how could you abandon me like that? Just leaving me to-" My words are cut short as I lay my ruby gaze on the little gold colt besides Mother, his dual tone eyes looking straight at me. He has a small little lump on his forehead. His shoulder was doused in a white flame marking which was illuminated by the falling colors in the sky. "Who's this?" My words are odd against my lips, my breathing still off. My brows narrowed, my audits flickering back. Was it...?

No.

No.

It couldn't be.

A... another? I draw my eyes to Mother, my rubies showing shock and a hint of anger. They replaced me, hadn't they? They figured they would never see me again... so why not make another one? I let a blanket of fury graze over my eyes, my brows remaining narrowed. In the silence, I swore I heard my own heart cracking as I gazed at Mother. "You... you replaced me?" I felt the tears return to their regular pace, falling down my dark cheeks. How could they do this? Did they even think about me? I didn't drop off Loorien, no, I was still here. But they apparently thought I wasn't going to come back, because they made another one. Weren't they happy enough with just me?

Weren't they happy with me?

"blah blah blah."

ooc: < 3
word count: 775

SquirrelyTodd.deviantart.com | TwiWolf.deviantart.com

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse

Messages In This Thread
RE: the sweetest love song [Destry, Azarel] - by Destry - 10-14-2013, 02:09 PM