the Rift

[OPEN] I'm Sorry I Never Said Goodbye [DEATH THREAD]

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

This day felt as if it was dragging by as slowly as molasses, each drip as painful as living for months awaiting your impending doom. Scuff marks marked her path in places from lack of energy to pick her pillars up as high as normal. Maybe it was an incoming change in weather that had put her in this strange mood or something else entirely but to say she was enjoying it would be a lie. After a day spent wandering around rather aimlessly nothing had presented itself that seemed to hold her attention for more than a couple minutes. She had still been unable to find a job that could give her something to do that would be helpful for the rest of the Edge. Various choices had been mentioned but she had yet to find others of those positions to ask, well interrogate to get down to the fine details. Alas it would have to wait for another day now she thought sighing in frustration at her failure.

Rounding a corner her spirits perked at the sight of familiar faces a few paces ahead. A small smile touched her lips remembering their encounters and the joy it had brought to her tired soul essentially helping to pick her up out of the ashes. The beautiful Antheia stood alarmingly close to the cliff's edge as she spoke to her other friend Kahlua who she had met on one of her journey's. The crashing waves obscured their voices from earshot making it impossible to hear what they were chatting about. Seconds passed and clearly something was very wrong with the picture unfolding before her eyes, the energy radiating from her friends was not one of joy as she had experienced before with them but one of sorrow and anguish. Her smile faded as the reality hit her, things were about to get really bad.

Before her eyes Antheia turned towards the cliff and stepped off into the unknown. Stumbling as the shock took her and emotion choked her throat she could only stare into the empty air where Antheia had stood. Screams filled the air as Kahlua witnessed the same tragedy only to rush into a frenzy trying to help her lost friend that could not be saved. Kahlua's frightened cries melded together until it was not her voice that projected into her auds but rather the screams of her family on the day of the massacre. So much pain, terror and panic reigned through the vocals paralyzing her muscles as she was forced to relive the entire scene again in her head. Why had she run away when she did, maybe if she stayed things could have been different, she was a coward.

Another cry broke through her shocked mind bringing her back to Kahlua crumpled on the ground at the cliff's edge. The cry she came to realize was that of her own as moisture welled up overflowing from her glassy orbs to stream down her face. Managing to move her legs once again she cautiously moved to Kahlua's side on legs of jello amazed she did not fall. Her heart almost ceased to beat in her chest as a cold numbness spread like wildfire across her frame. Not being able to bear the thought of looking over to the waves below afraid of what she might see, her cranium lowered to gently touch the shoulder of her friend. Her mind was incapable of forming any intelligible form of communication, all she could do was offer her touch to the fae not knowing what to do or say.

It had been only days since she had conversed with Antheia what had happened between then and now? She sensed that something was bothering the mare even then, why did she not push the subject further? Maybe she could have prevented this from happening, or at least found help to stop it. Why did she not trust her gut when it told her something was not right? Maybe she could have changed things, did she fail again when a similar scenario presented itself?

NOTES: Saddest thread I have read in a long time :(

Table and Image by Moonstone Designs
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm Sorry I Never Said Goodbye [DEATH THREAD] - by Brisa - 10-14-2013, 07:56 PM