the Rift

Take me to the start [open]

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

How exactly had she arrived here? She remembered a storm - remembered getting lost in the blinding snow as she sought shelter. The thing she remembered most was seeing Iona, her beautiful twin sister, get tossed by the winds across the sky as she tried to land and then vanish from sight. Though she knew her twin was alive, for she felt it in her heart the connection remained true, they were separated.

And now Alysanne was lost. Not hopelessly, for even though she had been wandering for months without finding her way back home, she had hope. Her twin was alive, her son was old enough to care for herself and then there was him, her dearest… well, he would be fine without her (even if she longed for the tender touches that were as precious as shooting stars).

Oh, yes, she would miss them terribly but she truly believed she would find her way back to them.

For the moment, the white and black Pegasus simply wanted to figure out where she was. Although the forest had not changed too much over the past few days, she knew she must have been getting close to another realm. It had been a while since the scent of others, horse and horse-like, had been as strong as they were here.

Though she knew mountains to be to the north, in the midst of the forest she could only catch a glimpse of them every so often. In the morning light, she found the forest peaceful – her emerald eyes bright with joy as she moved among the shadows. The presence of the trees, of the whisper of the wind, the dappled sunlight that touched the ground vegetation – it was all so peaceful. Those things were just what she needed to feel safe.

Quietly she continued at a slow pace, admiring the forest and its wonders but always in search of others. Her wings were folded tight against her side but occasionally reached out to gently brush at a starflower or a fern that burst from the bed of moss, needles and leaves that were composting on the ground.

She had been born in the forest, she adored the plants, but oh, she longed to find company - to come across someone that might tell her where exactly she was. Perhaps she would be able to orient herself and eventually make her way back to where her family was, but for now she would like nothing more than a friendly face to appear from around the corner.

She could hear them – her black ears twitched and trembled as they picked up the signs of life. Someone, or something, was close. She would not call out just yet, lest she interrupt the serenity of the morning

*ALYSANNE
lying on the edge of a star
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
Kahlua trotted through the forest, her usual happy demeanor gone. Where a smile would usually be present, her lips were pulled tight and thin. Where her blue eyes usually danced with gayety, today they only shimmered with slowly welling tears. The heat was oppressive, but today she hardly noticed it. The bright green of the foliage, the contented chirping of the birds around her, the scent of the pines all around her... everything was dulled. Life seemed gray to the black and white mare, and she could not find a way to pull herself out of her depression.

She had come here with hopes that her favorite past time would give her some brightness in her life, but she found nothing here that could make her happy. Antheia had thrown herself from the cliff. Thrown herself! It wasn't an accident. At first Kahlua had wailed her sorrows, lamenting her friends death. Then she was angry- how could Antheia do something like this to her? After all, they had been friends. They had run and played together. They had gotten to know one another as sisters should. And she was gone. And poor, stupid Kahlua was having a terrible time reconciling her feelings about the whole tragedy. She could not even find any joy in her recent appointment as Glazier, try as she might.

Then, as if Antheia's death wasn't enough, Kahlua had gotten lost in some god-forsaken monster land with some terrible crow creature. It had cursed her for her misfortune to find him, and now she had a line of poison mushrooms growing from her ass like she was some side-show freak. The memory that they were there finally sent the tears welling up and falling down her face again. She was not a pretty crier, though she was normally a beauty to be reckoned with. Red-rimmed eyes and a soggy face were not becoming the childish mare, no matter which way you looked at it.

She did not even try to quiet her steps as she moved through the forest. Still, she had found nobody around her and she finally decided that she was ready to go home. That's when she, quite by accident, stumbled upon the painted pegasus with the eyes of emerald. Skidding to a sudden halt, Kahlua looked at her and tried to take a few deep breaths. Her crying finally managed to fade to periodic hiccups and she spoke between them brokenly, trying to avoid being rude. “He- hello.... I'm- I'm Kahlua of the- of the World's Edge... I'm- I'm... Wel- welcome to Helovia,” she managed to sputter out finally. Recruiting while crying and looking like a walking mushroom garden had probably not been the best idea. Then, Kahlua was never very smart.

OOC| Kahlua has been cursed through one of the seasonal threads to have mushrooms growing out of her butt for two posts or so, so that's what that is all about.
.KAHLUA

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Dust Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Dust
Take a breath and listen

Dust's soft wings beats filled his ears as he flapped over the thickly woven trees and bushes. He looked around for any sign of another pegasus equine or maybe unicorn. His tight chest made his breathing sound loud and slow. He lifted his chest as he flew, opening his heart to the sky so he could breath. Nickering softly he smiled at himself. Smart. He thought as his front knees buckled and his body stiffened for a moment, his crimson eyes losing their glow for that one moment. Dust jerked his knees back, it hurt he just didn't want to announce it. As he was not a baby.

Dust soar over tons and tons of trees his eyes searching. Lowering himself, so he could hear if there was any voices he got closer to the tree tops and listened his wings beats softer than ever this time. He couldn't hear them over the rustle of the wind. Suddenly a voice came upon him, his eyes looking to where he had heard it. Stopping in mid air still flapping Dust listened for more but nothing came. he lowered more and more until he was in the shadows above a black and white pegasus her looks seemed to be a mirror to the other but with wings.The black and white equine, he dappled spots where pretty her green eyes showing. But her emotions looked scared and willing. Like she was forcing herself to do something. A soft nicker slipped out of his mouth, his face frightened and scared for them to notice him in the shadows.

Dust hovered for a moment deciding he should just give himself away, landed gracefully behind the black and white pegasus, his short brown mane flowing behind him. His well thought out words were coming together in his mind. He didn't want to frighten the pegasus so he had decided to start in a soft but though voice, like he was kind but tough.

His wings spread out like grey elephants dancing around him. The black tips glimmered in the sunlight. A smile crept upon his looks as he unfolded them, like they held a dark secret that only he could know. His eyes stern, so he didn't look too childish. He was going to speak when a loud screech of a raven came from the treetops. Once again He prepared himself quickly and said "Hello, my name is Dust."
Wordcount:404
Ooc: Ello there
"Talking"

As she hoped, it was only a matter of time before she came across someone – or before they came across her, as it actually played out. When another painted mare stumbled quite literally across her path, relief and joy leapt through Alysanne and a smile appeared bright in her emerald eyes. So there were others! From a glance this land might not be so different from the one she left - and seeing as how her wings did not startle this mare, there must be others that looked like her.

But wait… were those mushrooms?

She did not get a chance to get more of a glimpse, however, because she quickly picked up on the condition of the mare. That bright smile was replaced with nothing less than heartfelt concern. Kahlua, as she introduced herself, seemed to be attempting to get the better of some tears (and unfortunately, failing). “Oh honey, what’s wrong?” No condescension, no sarcasm, just pure concern.

It hardly mattered that they had just met and were basically strangers, Alysanne did not like to see anyone in such a terrible mood. The initial instinct was to reach out and give the mare a sort of hug with her neck, but perhaps that would be too much. So instead, she took a step forward, reaching out with the intention of gently touching her muzzle to that of the other mare, in a comforting gesture.

Or what she hoped was comforting. There could be a million things causing Kahlua to sob so, and Alysanne only hoped that it was a problem that she might be able to help fix. Perhaps a few words off-subject might help. “Thank you so much for the welcome, it’s so kind of you.” The fact that the Pegasus was, by all accounts, lost and had wandered into a foreign land did not seem so important at the moment. No, there were other things that had her focus now. “I’m Alysanne - or just Aly - and it’s very nice to meet you.”

A moment later, upon hearing someone behind her, she turned her head to see a young colt, dark grey and with his own pair of wings. He seemed young to be travelling without his mother, but perhaps she was close by. Seeing him brought to mind her own son, but she mustn’t dwell on what she had left behind. Surely he was safe, growing up around his cousins and his aunt. Brushing aside those thoughts, she invited the colt into their conversation with a gesture of her head and greeted him warmly. “Hello Dust! I’m Aly. How are you?” Colts at Dust’s age, or at any age really, usually wanted to appear older than they were and resented being talked to ‘like a baby’. So she resisted the desire to inquire into the whereabouts of his mother, at least for a little while longer.

Her welcome into this land – Helovia, was it? – consisted of a sobbing mare and a young foal. But now that she was no longer alone, Alysanne did not mind in the slightest.

*ALYSANNE
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Oh honey, what's wrong? The instant and obvious concern from the other mare was beyond comforting to the mare. So, when Alysanne stepped forward to reach out her neck, Kahlua could not help but fall against her and bury her head into the painted mare's withers. Or at least try, so long as the pegasus would have her there. The warmth and closeness to another were a familiar feeling that the mare couldn't have been more grateful for. But sometimes tears help too, so selfishly she let a few more drops fall before she tried to dry her eyes. While she did so, the other mare continued speaking. Aly, she introduced herself, and Kahlua silently repeated the name to herself a few times as was her habit. The distraction was welcome and ultimately helped the mare to at least stop her crying. She was still wallowing deep in her terrible self-pity, but at least she was doing it in a slightly more controlled manner.

Taking a deep breath, Kahlua disentangled herself from the other mare just as another pegasus walked onto the scene. This one was young, tiny even, but Kahlua did not think anything in to the fact that he was away from his mother. Even if she hadn't been in such a terribly upset state of mind, she wasn't often smart enough to make such connections. In fact, she really thought that the colt belonged to Aly, until he introduced himself and the pegasus mare introduced herself back. Dust, she said to herself, but could not repeat the name again. It made her think too much of the way the dust and rocks had billowed up around Antheia just as she had stepped backwards off the cliff.

Snorting, not at either of her companions, but rather at the fact that she was about to start crying again, Kahlua decided to get back to the mare's original question, after a proper hello. “Hello Aly, Dust,” she said with a nod to each in turn. Not one to hide anything, for she was no liar or actress, the mare let her troubles out into the air. “I just... I don't even know what happened. Antheia, my friend... she was fine, I thought... But then she was on the cliff, and she walked off and... Oh!” She stopped short, stifling another round of tears before speaking again. Her normally dancing voice was laced with troubles that should not have belonged to the poor, stupid girl. “And then the stupid bird. I got lost in his corn maze and... I didn't mean it! But he made me wear these mushrooms and I just look.... I just look so terrible!” A single tear dropped down her face as she looked back to her hind end and shuddered at the terrible things just growing there, like tumors that she did not want.

Taking a few deep breaths, she tried to gather herself together. Though she was not exactly right in her head, she needed to start over. This was no way to make friends or recruit others. “Forgive me,” she said then, trying to put Aly first in her thoughts and let her other troubles drift somewhere to the back of her head. “I suppose you are looking for a home?” For the most part, she spoke to Aly. She did not ignore the colt out of rudeness or bad disposition, but rather because she was afraid that he would ask for her to take him under her metaphorical wing. She was no mother-figure. The idea of caring for something so much more needy than herself was... painful at best. It would just be another reason for her to cry. “The members of the Qian, my herd, seek peace. If that is not your calling, I'm sure we can direct you somewhere that would fit you better...” She trailed off, looking between both colt and mare. She took a few deep breaths, trying to stay calm, but the way the wind was blowing against the mushrooms and making them tickle her hide was threatening to make her cry again with every gust.
.KAHLUA

Dust Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Dust
Take a breath and listen

"Hello Dust! I am Aly. How are you?"

The other pegasi's voice was beautiful up close, as were her soft and comforting forest green eyes. Them, reminding him of his mother had some force on them... like they were calling his crimson ones to meet their gaze more and more. The thought of anything like that was different to the colt. And this was an older pegasi, of course he wanted to meet both of the new and exciting horses he just wanted to calm down.

Knowing it would take him all his strength just to muster a polite face. Instead of a crazy and excited one. His gaze turned to the black and white mare. An equine “I just... I don't even know what happened. Antheia, my friend... she was fine, I thought... But then she was on the cliff, and she walked off and... Oh!” Her voice was dramatic as she stopped short. But Dust knew she was serious and she was in the deepest grief point.

“And then the stupid bird. I got lost in his corn maze and... I didn't mean it! But he made me wear these mushrooms and I just look.... I just look so terrible!” The mare went on looking as if stifling tears. It was this moment he noticed the mushrooms, that he felt even worse for the painted mare. He wanted to reach out and give her a firm hug on the neck, but he knew she would not appreciate it as much from him then from Aly. They seemed to get along better.

Dust started to speak his soft voice ringing in a cadence like a lullaby. "Oh... I am so sorry..." His voice was in true sincerity. “Forgive me” Kahlua's voice came alive once again, but now with a different tone. “I suppose you are looking for a home?” her voice was mostly directed to Aly. Dust didn't mind. All he didn't like was being completely ignored. That was the worst for him.

The thought crossed his mind of asking one of them to take care of him and be his adopted mother. The excitement started to flow again making his feet tingle like he was in a warm brook, and he wanted to splash around, and make huge splashes. His hooves wanted to dance like jumpy arabians when they trotted. The excitement passed and he kept one again, a straight face.

The black and white mare said something about her herd but Dust was hardly listening. He was half tuning her out. All he now wanted to do was listen to the humming and chirping birds in the high treetops of the dark but sun-ray filled forest. Wanting to know what it was called his voice rang out "Miss Kahlua, may I ask what this forest it called?" his voice was soft, remembering to keep a stiff face he let the words slide out like his hooves slide across mud in a rainstorm.
Wordcount:495
Ooc: Sorry I took long to respond! :(
Speech

Blitzen Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Home. That one word that everyone searched for in some way or another. Everyone had their own definition for it and Blitzen had his. Blitzen would never be at 'home' again, but he had come close.... real close to it. He had found his second home and he had found it within the Windtossed Foothills. He hadn't been there too long but he would be the first to tell you that he had met friendly souls along the way. Everyone was brethren and sistren to him, but those that he had found were close to one another and he had been welcomed with open arms.

That is why he was here today for he wanted to share that feeling of love and warmth. That feeling of open arms that should reside within everyone's heart of hearts and within every family. That feeling that everyone desired in one form or another. Some coped with it differently and took to it in dangerous ways but it was the same drive.

Blitzen was far from familiarizing this world called Helovia. So, so far from it. However, he did know where the Threshold was and he did know it's title. He knew his way back from the Threshold and to his home for that was as far as he had ventured out besides to a place called the Thistle Meadow. He had also found his way back from there to the Foothills. They were quite distinguishable and one could recognize the land in a heartbeat.

Blitzen did not come alone, however. His companion, Cometya, was with him. Comet was perched on Blitzen's imposingly tall figure, taking his rightful place at the base of Blitzen's withers. The skin had calloused and grown tough because of Comet's talons repeatedly gripping there. Hair had already grown back and over it, however. Comet was an adventurous, common griffin. However, he and Blitzen were closely bound and with this binding, they stayed close to each other through every situation. They had become like father and son with Blitzen taking Comet under his wing even though he had none.

At the sound of voices, Blitzen moved in, his large and sturdy frame speaking of raw muscle and power, moves in with grace and elegance in a way that only Blitzen could manage. His penta-horned head ducks as he weaves through the forest and into the place of meeting where three souls had come to consolidate.

A warm and friendly smile tells them that he is of no threat. The cross upon his back halts to stretch as do the legs beneath him that cause the movement. His flexing hide of browns and light dapples also halt and the loud jingling from his collar also dims down to the occasional jingle from his breathing body.

His beard bobs as he speaks and his warm voice pours into the atmosphere like velvet. [Image: snowflake_zps06f77df3.png]"Good evening, brothers and sisters. I believe I have caught your names while approaching but I am not sure. Kahlua, Dust, and Alysanne, yes?" He searches for confirmation then proceeds to speak [Image: snowflake_zps06f77df3.png]"A pleasure to meet you all. Kahlua, I am terribly sorry for your loss. Suicide is... it's not easy to deal with. Especially of a close friend. Though, I shan't stand here and pretend I know of it."

He paused with a sigh, a softening in his eyes as he looked at Kahlua, a frown coming across his face. His character then appeared emotionless but quickly jumped up back to his warm posture with a deep breath. He looked to Dust with a nod then to Aly. [Image: snowflake_zps06f77df3.png]"I am Blitzen and this little ball of hair with wings on my back in Comet." Comet looked at Blitzen with his head cocked and Blitzen laughed in a jokingly and friendly manner. [Image: snowflake_zps06f77df3.png]"We hail from the Windtossed Foothills where I, just three days ago was brought there myself. If it is a home you search for, I offer you mine. The scenery is absolutely stunning with beautiful rolling green hills and a waterfall that turns into a river and flows with the shaped land. The green mountains are beautiful and offer a lovely place of shelter. And our members are family. You see, they used to be a band of Mercenaries, but no more. The previous leaders have left and have been replaced with two kind souls. We are an equal family now and I have been welcomed with open arms as if I was blood kin. I cannot vouch for the other place that Kahlua hails from as I know none of."

@[Alysanne] @[Kahlua] @[Dust]
[Image: snowflake_zps06f77df3.png]"Blitzen Talk." - [Image: snowflake_zps06f77df3.png]"Blitzen Thoughts." - [Image: snowflake2_zps064d8f50.png]"Comet Thoughts"

Alysanne smiled softly to herself as the other mare fell against her, happy that what she could offer as comfort – a touch, a body to lean on – was welcomed. She let Kahlua stay there as long as she needed to and gave the mare another soft nudge as they separated. Everything was going to be fine, that touch said, and Alysanne believed it. After the introductions were made, Kahlua seemed to be calming down – at least for another moment until she explained the reasons for those tears, and oh were they justified.

They are joined as Kahlua spoke by a third “horse” – and though Alysanne had seen a lot of strange and wonderful things in Nocturne nothing quite compared to this stallion and the… creature on his back. The stallion at least reminded her of the unicorns she had known, but less frail and certainly with more horns, but she couldn’t summon a comparison for the creature. She had never seen a griffin before – she did not even know that was the term for it. It really was a ball of hair with wings! She shuffled a bit, making room so that they could all address one another easily, already liking the new additions and his warm smile that was mirrored on her own face.

How fortunate she felt, in that moment! To be surrounded by such wonderful new friends.

To Kahlua, she echoed the stallion’s consolations with a soft expression. “I’m so sorry about your friend, my dear.” There was more she could say, though words would not bring Antheia back and she did not want to make Kahlua more upset by dwelling on the topic… especially while it was so fresh. So she focused instead on the second part of what was troubling the mare. “And that’s awfully rude of him! Silly bird. Do they hurt? You know, they really don’t look so bad.” She offered, truthfully. Perhaps she was a little biased; it was so easy to find something beautiful about everything that grew from the earth. “I can…” Oh no, wait. She had discovered during her journey that her healing powers had left her upon leaving Nocturne, much to the detriment of the young injured fawn she had happened upon. This memory caused her offer to see if she could heal away the fungus to die on her tongue.

But maybe she had another way of helping – the little fungal blooms brought to mind lessons that her father had given her as a foal. “But you know what fungus doesn’t like? Dry heat. Bask in the sun for a bit and maybe they’ll be gone!” That was, if it was ordinary fungus and not some magical species. For Kahlua’s sake, Alysanne hoped that they would not be plaguing her for too long.

The rest of the introductions were made, and a delighted smile returns to the black and white mare’s face. “It’s very nice to meet you, Blitzen. And you as well, Comet.” Was it common for those here to have such a kinship with other animals? Her initial impression that this Helovia was going to be similar to her home may be quite far off indeed. Emerald eyes foundd it hard to look away from the unknown creature but she turned to Blitzen with a question, her voice soft and cautious. “I’m terribly sorry if this is rude of me, but what exactly is Comet?”

The subject of a home is breached and Alysanne realized quite quickly that she was being recruited - definitely not an altogether terrible thing. She was smart enough to realize she could stand a better chance with a herd. She had learned, not so very long ago, what it could cost to wander into strange lands alone. There were scars, physical (though hidden by her wings) and mental from that mistake. The nightmares had followed her all across the world and she longed for the comfort of friendly faces.

Surely there were no nightmares waiting for her in the lands that housed the friendly faces before her now! “You’re both so wonderfully nice! And your homes sound so amazing. I suppose I am looking for a home. I mean I have one, but it’s rather far off and I don’t really know how to get back there. Somewhere to stay, at least for a little while, would be amazing.” But how could she choose? They were both so nice. Though of course, or at least she hoped, following one was not a lifetime commitment and she might still be able to be friends with the other. Perhaps there was more she could ask, more to learn about this strange place. “What are the herds like here? Where I come from there were ranking systems and we were divided on our strengths – mostly whether you were of the ability to be a warrior or not.”

Not forgetting the colt – everyone was important – she grinned at him and asked him, “What about you, Dust, do you have a home?” Wondering if perhaps he too had another herd and another land to introduce to the conversation.

*ALYSANNE
made by the lovely tamme

Usually Kahlua was the bright and happy face, the light at the end of the tunnel for a sad neighbor. She was thankful that she had found a mare in this land that was as happy to play that role. It gave Kahlua the strength that she wanted, that she needed, to continue on this day. The chorus of apologies and thoughts that were directed her way from the mare, colt and the suddenly arrived, jingling stallion helped her. As she was a little selfish, the round of pity from her friends did not put her off. She rather enjoyed being the center of attention, though she would have given anything to have it be for another reason.

Taking a moment to actually look over to the stallion, Kahlua was surprised to see just how massive he was. She had heard the heavy steps coming towards them all, but have never expected to see something of his size. Her shock and fright stopped any tears that were threatening to fall. His voice sounded kind, and she nodded as he repeated her name, but she could not help but to watch him warily. Ever since the invasion of the unicorns from the north, Kahlua had been uneasy around those with pointed heads. How was she to know who was good and who was not? She was just a simple child. Besides that, the gryphon perched upon his shoulders only served to make the man look more massive. The actual bird did not bother her, for there was a gryphon that wandered the Edge freely, but the fact that this one would ride upon the stallion's back was disconcerting.

However, after a few moments of the stallion speaking, Kahlua let her distrust of the horned man go. There were too many thoughts whirling about in her head, and the girl often had fleeting feelings anyway. Besides, her new friend was advising her on the mushrooms. “No, they don't hurt,” she offered then continued to listen. She was no plant weaver and the idea that Aly knew something about the mushrooms was heartening. Bask in the sun for a bit, she offered and Kahlua took no time in shifting herself so that a ray of sun would land right upon her fungus garden. “Thank you,” she smiled, and with the warming of her skin she already felt like the toadstools were unhappy. Yes, perhaps this would work after all!

Returning her attention to the others of her group, Kahlua repeated the names of everyone present in her head several times. It provided a distraction from thinking about Antheia, and it was a habit of hers anyway. As the massive brute described his home, Kahlua nodded in knowing. She had visited the land not too long ago, and beautiful did not begin to describe it. Of course, she had a special place in her heart for the misty woods of the Edge. As Aly finished her questions, Kahlua took the opportunity to speak. “The World's Edge, where the Qian live, is a misty forest that ends in the back on a cliff. There are jobs for all, if you want one, though we don't have to have one.” For a moment her mind shifted back to Antheia. Perhaps.... No. She shook her head clean of the thought. She had to learn to deal with the death, or it would haunt her forever.

“We have warriors, as you mentioned. There are also herbalists, scholars and information gatherers. I am a Glazier, the head of the crafters.” She smiled at the thought. She was proud of her accomplishment and was not afraid to let it show. “We are led by Mirage the Dragon Heart, who can take the form of her name, and Thor the Gentle Heart. They are kind and fair.” She hoped the mention that Mirage could become a dragon would not frighten the girl off. She was beginning to like her quite a lot. Turning then to the colt, she finished. “This is the Threshold, Dust. Are you looking for a home as well?” She almost regretted asking, but then... she always did talk too much.

OOC| Sorry for the wait, school's been busy. Please don't tag me. Thank you!
.KAHLUA

Unregistered

[[It has been 48 hours and Dust hasn't replied yet so I'm breaking the post order if this is alright.]]

The acceptance of Blitzen's presence caused his ever warm and radiating personality to grow even more, much like a blanket of snow over a land. His imposing figure moved and a song of jingling came from his collar as he shifted his weight into a more relaxed position. The griffon on his back descended gracefully onto the ground beside Blitzen. Blitzen dwarfed the winged creature.

The painted pegasus spoke and Blitzen's warm blue eyes went from the brown creature with the burning white cricufixes on his shoulders to Kahlua and then to Alysanne with a smile. His head bent slightly towards her at an angle and chuckled. The sound rolling within his chest erupted into the air like a low and rumbling thunder cloud.

[Image: blitzentalk_zpseb63f949.png]"Comet's species is widely-known... at least in my place of origin. Comet is a Griffon and I assume that he is not the only one in this land. I reached a notion a day ago that there were much stranger creatures than him in this land."

Alysanne spoke again and asked about the herds and then Kahlua spoke her own part. Blitzen waited his turn respectfully then looked at Alysanne again and went to vouch for his own herd. [Image: blitzentalk_zpseb63f949.png] "As far as I'm concerned, there are four main herds. There's one to the North, one to the South, to the East, and to the West. I am from the Windtossed Foothills which is in the eastern part of Helovia. I have only arrived here recently, so I am not completely knowledgeable on the topic of the other herds. I do know that the Foothills used to be a band of Mercenaries. However, all of those that made it that way have left and now we are a close knit family. Much like the Qian, we have all of that. Our leaders are Phaedra and Apollo. Both of which are kind hearted.

However, do not feel as though we are trying to push you into anything. We can always show you of the other herds if you'd like?"

[Image: divider_zps768c2f8f.png]
[Image: blitzentalk_zpseb63f949.png] "Blitzen Talk"
[Image: blitzentalk_zpseb63f949.png] "Blitzen Thoughts"
[Image: comettalk_zps900dd027.png] "Comet"

image credits to onep3rfect3y on wallpapers.net

Cypress Posts: 72
Hidden Account
Filly :: Unicorn :: 12 hands :: 10 months
Cy

Dust
Take a breath and listen

The jingling horse sprang.

That was somthing Dust had not seen everyday. A number of five horns Dust counted on his head. Wow. That must be heavy. The red jingling collar-like thing around his neck was annoying Dust in some way even he couldn't understand. A soft smile was on his brown face, his eyes seemed to be crystals, silently showing off in the sunlight as they shone bright and dazzling. A small brown beard under his chin blew in the soft wind. He spoke in a voice like soft moss, velvet. He said something about knowing our names, from his approach.

A dark brown griffin sat on his withers, it looked like it was pushing into his flesh. But the stallion didn't seem bothered. He said something to Kahlua about the loss of her best friend. For a moment his face looked emotionless, dull, different from his old looks, a warm smile and quick sky clear eyes. His face sprung to his warm smile and gaze, he took a glance at Dust for the first time, a nod to him then to Aly. He introduced himself as Blitzen, which would be appropriate for his structure. And the griffin on his back, he referred to it as ball of hair and wings as Comet. A beautiful name for a griffin, Dust thought his eye narrowed as he looked at the griffin with a warm and welcoming gaze, he felt like he had a connection with some animals better than others. Comet for example, he felt like he could understand the animals. A powerful connection between them like a magnet. The reason he knew what the animal was is because his great, great grandmother had one as a companion when he was born. It had died and she had been so grief stricken she had died a few days later.

The next to speak was Aly, she was speaking to Kahlua, about the mushrooms, a sorry for you look glittered on her face. Dust hadn't paid much attention to the conversation. His mind drifted off to where the voices of the others muffled and disappeared in the thick of jumbled thoughts. Picking a time in his past he let his memory travel as far as he thought it should, on the day he was born, the way his mother had helped him to his feet and he had galloped as fast and swift as he could.
The day he was born, ah. How he missed it.

Then came the black and white equine voice "This is the Threshold, Dust. Are you looking for a home as well?" her face looked regretting but Dust wanted to answer anyway. "Well, I don't know... This is a wonderful place I just don't know yet..."

Dust's attention snapped back to the others and the interesting griffin when Blitzen spoke of him "Comet's species is widely-known... at least in my place of origin. Comet is a Griffon and I assume that he is not the only one in this land. I reached a notion a day ago that there were much stranger creatures than him in this land." the pegasi shifted his wings as the stallion spoke, repeating the words in his head before he forget her answered. "Cool, is he really your companion? How did you find him? Where did you find him?" the questions came buzzing out, like bees in a beehive.

"As far as I'm concerned, there are four main herds. There's one to the North, one to the South, to the East, and to the West. I am from the Windtossed Foothills which is in the eastern part of Helovia. I have only arrived here recently, so I am not completely knowledgeable on the topic of the other herds. I do know that the Foothills used to be a band of Mercenaries. However, all of those that made it that way have left and now we are a close knit family. Much like the Qian, we have all of that. Our leaders are Phaedra and Apollo. Both of which are kind hearted.However, do not feel as though we are trying to push you into anything. We can always show you of the other herds if you'd like?"

Dust was wondering about the other herds, which ones he would like, or which ones he wouldn't inside he bet they were all good. shaking his head once he decided to ask his own questions. "What are the other herds?" he said turning to Kahlua his crimson eyes sparkling with wonder.

Wordcount:756
Ooc: I am so so so Sorry!!! This was schools falt. :I
Speech

Hidden Account
Cy
Oh my gosh... I just posted that on my sisters account. Sorry! I meant to post that from Dust's account! :)

Though she was far from home, Alysanne was enraptured by the moment. The peace of the forest, of the sunlight filtering down through the trees and the dappled patches of light dancing with the faint breeze, mingled with the joy of new friends. This was what she loved so much.

Never one to be cautious, to fear that there might be something more sinister waiting for her in Helovia, Alysanne privately rejoiced in her good fortune – the celebration leeching into her bright green eyes, illuminating them with a warm smile.

Blitzen kindly explained that Comet was a griffin, a word she had never heard before for a creature she could have never imagined. No one else seemed quite as surprised as her, so perhaps she had just been living in a rather sheltered world. Luckily enough, the unknown did not frighten her. To the discovery of Comet’s species and to the idea that there were stranger things about, she exclaimed “How wonderful!”

Oh even if she were only here for a week it would undoubtedly be a wondrous one. So much to learn!

The freedom to converse and consider her choices without pressure was a wonderful thing. How lucky was she! Everything was going smoothly, and she was simply spoiled for choice. It might make it easier if one of them had been boorish – though Alysanne would never wish for that. It delighted her that the sweet Kahlua and warm-eyed Blitzen (and quiet little Dust) were her first impressions of this land. Helovia seemed so wonderful and she had met some fantastic faces so far – she would never forget those who were in her company right now.

How silly she must sound! But the love she felt for strangers and acquaintances was a wonderful thing.

“Oh no, I don’t feel pressured at all. It’s becoming quite clear that I’ve found myself in a land that’s quite different than where I come from.” Strange creatures that were companions to the equids, what other magic was lurking behind the seemingly-normal Threshold that she was standing in now. It was frightening but in a way that made her excited. Alysanne remained hopeful that she might receive news that gave her some indication of where she could find Nocturne in relation to Helovia, but for now she was happy to explore this place and discover all the enchanting things that kept everyone here. “Both of your homes sound so lovely. A peaceful place is just what I need. I don’t know how long I’m going to be here… but it would be nice to have somewhere to stay.” She missed Nocturne but it was the faces that she had met there that she truly missed.

Could Helovia become a second home to her?

It was a difficult choice, to be sure, especially since she would have no idea whether either would be a fit for her unless she went there and got to know everyone else well – which could take a long time. And she was so tired of wandering, so ready for a little bit of stability while she got her bearings.

“I think I would like to accompany Kahlua to World’s Edge.” She smiled warmly at the other black and white mare but her attention turned quickly to Blitzen. It truly pained her to have to turn down any invitation, especially one so kindly offered, so perhaps there was a way to avoid rejection - because that word was far too harsh for this situation. “But I would like to visit you in the Foothills sometime soon, if I may?” She worried very much about offending one of her new friends so early on.

And what about Dust? He seemed interested in learning about the other herds; perhaps he would want to see them all before he made a decision. He was young but she was not his mother, she could not make this decision for him. Still, she could offer a choice. “Dust, you can come with me if you would like.” The choice was, ultimately, his own. But like Blitzen, she hoped that she might see him again in the future.

*ALYSANNE
made by the lovely tamme

Had she been less conflicted or in a happier mood, she probably would have begged Blitzen to call her friend. He was a grand horse and he spoke with more knowledge the Kahlua could ever have hoped to obtain within days of her presence in the land. As it was, though, her mind flickered between thoughts of Antheia, thoughts of Mushrooms and thoughts of Alyssane. At the close of Blitzen's words, and in response to Dust's question, Kahlua added, “The northern land belongs to the unicorns of the Aurora Basin. They invaded my land because we wish for peace and they wish for eradication of all but their own species.” A confused sigh caused her mouth to twist and turn for a moment before she added. “I don't suppose I know their reasoning, though.” Looking to the massive stallion for a moment, she was reminded of the Foothill's involvement in the same invasion. But she would not hold it against this man, if he had just arrived as he said then he would not have been a part of it.

“To the South is the Dragon's Throat, friend of the Qian in the Edge. The land is a desert surrounding an Oasis. They are mostly pegasi, though they accept all.” A hint of her normally joyous personality peaked through her sorrows as she laughed and added. “I think that is all, save the outcast groups I know nothing of.” Taking a pause from her words, Kahlua looked back and found that the mushrooms had withered even farther away in the short time that she had been standing in the sun. Alyssane was simply a genious.

Alyssane's voice was soothing to Kahlua. Though she was here from the herd, the authority figure of sorts, she felt like a child basking the other mare's words. They were kindly, an escape from the all the terrors of the land, and she couldn't have been more pleased when Alyssane finally decided that she would become a member of the Edge. “Even if it is just a short time, we'll be more than happy to have you.” Again she smiled, this time the look lingering on her face somewhat longer. Could it really be so easy to forget her depression? Probably not, but it was a start. Nodding her agreement to Aly's words to Blitzen, Kahlua chimed in, “I have visited before, I would love to come again.” Finally she looked to Dust, waiting for a response, before she finished. “I'll show you to the Edge then, so you can see where you'll be staying. Goodbye, my friend,” she said to Blitzen at the end with a nod, before looking to Aly and then walking off. Even as she stepped out of the sun, the mushrooms were melting away into nothingness. Thank goodness!
.KAHLUA

Unregistered

With the acceptance of Alysanne's decision, Blitzen nodded at them both. His warm and bright smile, along with his cheery blue eyes, still contained their spark and fire within. However, they were dampened considerably and one could see that if they closely observed the large, chocolate-colored, imposing giant. His ears were still perked, however, and he still contained that elegant pep-in-his-step when he moved, causing the song of jingle bells to pour into the air.

[Image: blitzentalk_zpseb63f949.png] "I accept your decision, and may we not be of enemies, sistren, over it. I hold no grudges against any of you and if you find that the life style of a World's Edge mare doesn't suit you, then feel free to pursue my presence and see perhaps what it is like to live in the green and beautiful Windtossed Foothills, sometime. This goes for you as well, Kahlua. Comet says that he will not, as well." A soft nod came from Blitzen and was directed at Kahlua and Comet confirmed his thought with a small squawk, though he was also visibly dampened in his bright attitude.

[Image: blitzentalk_zpseb63f949.png] "Dust, I would love to show you my own home if you wish to come with me. We have a vast amount of opportunities to do so all sorts of things. Also, if you wish to explore the other herds, I wouldn't mind showing you. I want to explore the rest of this world myself and would love for someone to accompany me? Maybe you will find your calling? You will always have a choice to leave so if you make one it is not permanent."

[Image: divider_zps768c2f8f.png]
[Image: blitzentalk_zpseb63f949.png] "Blitzen Talk"
[Image: blitzentalk_zpseb63f949.png] "Blitzen Thoughts"
[Image: comettalk_zps900dd027.png] "Comet"

image credits to onep3rfect3y on wallpapers.net

Hidden Account
Cy

Dust
Take a breath and listen

Dust listened to Aly's offers his heart pounding more and more as he thinks of the days he would spend with her and Kahlua in the herd. Would he have a job? A mate? Friends? Dust's mind whirled with questions as he looked at all of his new friends with a confused expression. He felt waves of relief from Kahlua as she looked like she was bathing in sunlight happily. Dust just didn't know, he wanted to spend some time with Blitzen, but... Aly and Kahlua were so nice... He couldn't decide. His crimson eyes blazing with the unknown fear.

He was scared of what may happen if he picked the other and see the look on one of their faces. Sadness... he hated the look. His feared expression. He hated seeing people sad. He would cut off a wing to see all of his friends happy, everyday whenever he saw them.

Noticing he was still just staring at all of them he coughed quickly as he thought. Blitzen was nice and friendly he always seemed to have a pep in his step whenever the shimmery bells on his neck rang through the soft air, making it vibrant with song. Definitely not the "elderly" type. And Aly and Kahlua... pretty, kind, smart... Kind. They reminded him of his mother. Ah. The days in the fields when he and her would just roam around. The day he was bored with just standing there and began to run the fields, even try to gallop them, that day he had found a new friend. Conner, the chipmunk. He was black and white like an oreo and his eyes a dark chocolate color. With some light swirls of cream. He missed Conner. The days he would play with him. Racing. Hiding. It reminded him of the playful look in Aly's piercing emerald green eyes. And Kahlua, oh her beautiful spots. Black and white reminded him of the oreo colored chipmunk. The only thing that was wrong was... he loved mushrooms. He would kick them and hide under them. He loved them. Blitzen had that jumpy step of Conner. The jumpy feet always eager to smile when the time came. Conner and Blitzen always had a great smile.

But the decisions. Sighing the colt looked at his hooves not wanting to hurt anyones feelings he litions to Blitzen telling Aly and Kahlua something. About accepting their decision. The offer Aly had made was hard to put down, but once Blitzen had asked him he just wasn't sure. Knowing he could just be an Outcast and see both of them made him feel good... he just thought a herd would be be better. He honestly didn't know. Speaking his soft tone spread out into the air "I don't know... all of you are my friends... Blitzen you're always smiling, Aly you are always playful, and Kahlua you remind me of my old friend". Best of all. He thought his gaze clouded with remembrance of his past life.

Wordcount:501
Ooc: I love this rp so far... but I am honestly split...
Speech

It was so good to see Kahlua smile when just moments ago she had barely been able to get a couple words out through the tears. The sadness was still there, Aly knew, and she regretted deeply that she could do nothing to heal it or take it away. No amount of smiles or kind words (both of which she always had in excess) would undo what had happened to her friend - but if she could make Kahlua smile at for just a little bit longer that would be worth everything.

Much to her delight, Blitzen did not hold a grudge over her decision. With a nod of her head, Aly acknowledged his offers - for a visit and for a backup should she not find a place for herself at World's Edge. "I will keep that in mind, thank you." He then went on to extend an invitation to Dust, which sounded just wonderful to her. She liked the horned stallion, with his warm smiles and his amiable nature, and felt at ease about the idea of the young colt following him.

However, though she had made her decision their youngest companion seemed torn. Touched that he held them all in such high regard and that he too considered them all friends, she lingered to offer him some advice. It was a hard decision for him, she could see that, but it did not have to be so definite. Lowering her head a little closer to his eye-level, she spoke with a smile that matched her gentle voice. “Blitzen’s offer is a good one, my dear Dust.” If she was a foal in a new land, that would have likely been her choice – exploration and youth tied together so brilliantly. Alysanne was excited to explore Helovia but for now she was eager to go see World’s Edge and find out where she would be staying. Sometime soon, perhaps, she would find out what existed beyond the Threshold and World’s Edge – from the sounds of it she had stumbled into a country even more diverse than where she had come from.

“We’ll meet again soon - like you said we’re friends! And you know where to find us.” Already she was looking forward to seeing the two of them again. Alysanne was eager to get home, to see if she could figure out which direction she should even head in, but for now she was so enraptured by Helovia she could not see the harm in staying here – having some stability after her travels was just what she needed. Like the earth, Alysanne enjoyed change but stability was just as welcomed.

She turned then to follow Kahlua, excitement overcoming her – the start something new was always thrilling – but there was still a moment of hesitation. Not over her own decision but she wanted to wait to make sure that the little colt made up his mind.

*ALYSANNE
made by the lovely tamme