the Rift

Take me to the start [open]

Dust Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Dust
Take a breath and listen

"Hello Dust! I am Aly. How are you?"

The other pegasi's voice was beautiful up close, as were her soft and comforting forest green eyes. Them, reminding him of his mother had some force on them... like they were calling his crimson ones to meet their gaze more and more. The thought of anything like that was different to the colt. And this was an older pegasi, of course he wanted to meet both of the new and exciting horses he just wanted to calm down.

Knowing it would take him all his strength just to muster a polite face. Instead of a crazy and excited one. His gaze turned to the black and white mare. An equine “I just... I don't even know what happened. Antheia, my friend... she was fine, I thought... But then she was on the cliff, and she walked off and... Oh!” Her voice was dramatic as she stopped short. But Dust knew she was serious and she was in the deepest grief point.

“And then the stupid bird. I got lost in his corn maze and... I didn't mean it! But he made me wear these mushrooms and I just look.... I just look so terrible!” The mare went on looking as if stifling tears. It was this moment he noticed the mushrooms, that he felt even worse for the painted mare. He wanted to reach out and give her a firm hug on the neck, but he knew she would not appreciate it as much from him then from Aly. They seemed to get along better.

Dust started to speak his soft voice ringing in a cadence like a lullaby. "Oh... I am so sorry..." His voice was in true sincerity. “Forgive me” Kahlua's voice came alive once again, but now with a different tone. “I suppose you are looking for a home?” her voice was mostly directed to Aly. Dust didn't mind. All he didn't like was being completely ignored. That was the worst for him.

The thought crossed his mind of asking one of them to take care of him and be his adopted mother. The excitement started to flow again making his feet tingle like he was in a warm brook, and he wanted to splash around, and make huge splashes. His hooves wanted to dance like jumpy arabians when they trotted. The excitement passed and he kept one again, a straight face.

The black and white mare said something about her herd but Dust was hardly listening. He was half tuning her out. All he now wanted to do was listen to the humming and chirping birds in the high treetops of the dark but sun-ray filled forest. Wanting to know what it was called his voice rang out "Miss Kahlua, may I ask what this forest it called?" his voice was soft, remembering to keep a stiff face he let the words slide out like his hooves slide across mud in a rainstorm.
Wordcount:495
Ooc: Sorry I took long to respond! :(
Speech

Messages In This Thread
Take me to the start [open] - by Alysanne - 10-15-2013, 10:19 PM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Kahlua - 10-16-2013, 12:22 AM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Dust - 10-16-2013, 03:52 AM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Alysanne - 10-17-2013, 12:05 PM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Kahlua - 10-17-2013, 08:39 PM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Dust - 10-18-2013, 07:58 PM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Blitzen - 10-20-2013, 08:11 AM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Alysanne - 10-20-2013, 11:47 PM