the Rift

Those Crimson eyes {Open}

Dust Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Dust
Take a breath and listen

Dust ran. He ran and ran, the sound hooves hopping on grass going on forever and forever, it seemed. The black-grey colt didn't dare look back at his life, the life he was running away from. The horrible life in his family. He had been chosen to die for them. Every year (he was told) a usually unwanted member of the herd was killed, to stop the gods from killing all of them. It was a sacrifice. Dust's mother had told him, his father was killed the year before he was born. She had been grief stricken ever since. She hardly fed him and she usually let him wander off alone. That was why he was so poorly muscled, and small. Most colts he had seen were big and strong for their age. It didn't bother him but he just didn't like being the smallest one.

The grey-black colt sped through bushes, under vines, over rocks. He could dodge anything. He felt like he was free and he would never have to stop running. Oh, how he loved running. He felt like he could run on and on, nonstop.

Dust noticed some thicker and fuller forest up ahead, his heart was pounding as he raced faster and faster towards it, his shorn mane flying behind him. Crimson eyes staring ahead, eyes narrowed in full concentration of what he was doing. He approached the thick bushes quickly, they scraped his eyes as he cut through them. Scratching little marks into his normally un-cut, forehead and above eyes. Gods, that hurt he screeched inside. Dust started to slow to a trot then a walk, his strides becoming nothing as he stood.

Glancing around the grey Pegasus noticed, He didn't know where he was. It looked like a new realm to explore! The trees were thick, like they were woven together tightly. Maybe he could unravel the secrets the lie here and make it his home. The bushes had unusual leaves on them and he had never seen these trees in his life. Where was he? Had he stumbled upon a new land and not even noticed? How long had he galloped through the wilderness? To come upon this?

His eyes led upwards, his thoughts sinking in. Looking up he noticed a quick shine in the sky, no. In the trees. The flash came again. Dust wanted to know what it was. He now unfolded his wings from his sides. They were stuck that way with sweat when he was running. Lifting up off the ground Dust felt the air pockets under his wings, propelling himself he flapped higher and higher, his muscles getting tenser and tenser. The look on his face getting more and more determined as he got closer. Closer to the light that he thought would change his world. He finally got to the high branch. What lie there was a key. A silver key with a pair of six silver glowing wings on it. The middle of it had red glowing gemstones. Carefully as Dust could he picked it up by the chain, which looked like woven black fire, then cooled. Lowering himself Dust landed, on the moss covered ground.

Folding his wings to his sides once again he dropped the key and looked at it, his red and crimson gaze staring at the glowing gemstones, they cast an eerie light onto his face. "W-What is this"? Dust said, his voice soft but determined to find out. His eyes felt like they were thickly woven into the gemstone's eerie glow. Picking it up with his teeth again he managed to sling it up in the air and catch it on his neck, although it took him a couple times, he still had gotten in upon his neck, and he was not moving it. He somehow felt safer with it, and that his legs were filled with strength. And his wings filled with flutter. Looking around once again Dune wanted to make sure no one was there to see him. Watch him.

Wordcount:672
Ooc:Wow, long :)
"Speech"

Orinthia Posts: 132
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 17 hands :: 4 years
Orinthia
The lonesome adventurer was spending most of her days in the shady forest, weaving quickly through trees as if her energy reserve was never ending. The onyx woman was starting to take refuge in two main places. The Threshold, and the flat expanse of grass known as the Heavenly fields. Two of the places where she could feel close to freedom, as if she would dissolve into the wind and fly away, never to be trapped.

Orinthia envied Pegasi. They were the lucky horses, blessed with powerful wings that would carry them wherever they pleased. Yes, they were truly free. Watching some of her friends and acquaintances that were Pegasus, the mare used to watch them in awe. Every single graceful wing stroke, cutting through the air with complete elegance, though such wishes would never be granted to her. She would always be a land dweller.

But in the absence of wings, Orinthia gained speed. There was nothing like the feeling of wind ruffling her mane, the thrill coursing through her body as she urged herself forwards faster and faster, as she was doing right now, nimbly dodging trees heading aimlessly to an unknown destination. After running deeper and deeper into the heart of the forest, the wanderer came to a stop, heaving her head downwards in a jerky motion. After a few seconds, her nape bending towards the ground, the onyx mare finally lifted her head back up.

In the distance a little voice rang through the trees, almost inaudible, but the fae caught it. Her ears pricked up as her emerald eyes gazed around trying to pin point the source. Warily approaching, the trees parted away, showing her the figure of a dark gray Pegasus colt. He seemed to be gazing somewhere with beautiful crimson eyes. He was large, only about a hand shorter than her. "Hello", the female's voice was soft and curious. "I'm Orinthia", her vocals sounded like a breeze calmly whispering.

Unregistered

Dust
Take a breath and listen

"Hello" a soft but curious voice rang through the trees. The colts ears pricked knowing it wasn't his own mind playing games on him, it happened often. But not today. He could feel it. "I'm Orinthia" Now Dust saw a equine... a pure black mare. There was someone watching him. "Hi" Dust's gaze held softly on the mare, she was beautiful, but no markings no special things about her. Only her eyes. They were a mix of brown and green, very beautiful. They reminded him of his Mother. Who was now far distance that he could never again reach. "What's your name? He hoped his small voice could reach her ear through the brambles and curls of undergrowth and trees. His arabian ways made his hind legs springy and different, as he trotted over to her.

His face was a few inches from hers as he stared into the green and brown eyes of beauty. Was she a friesian? No..she couldn't be! No white spots on her face made her look different, and no wavy locks. The long fur covering her hooves was pretty in a way. The curvy black vertebrae was smooth, no bones poking up out making her look hungry or starved. Dust would have helped her if there was bone showing. "My name is Dust, and...I..umm... Dust hated it when he stumbled. He hate the way it felt on his lips and it tumbled out stupidly, and lopsided it sounded. He wanted to say she was pretty... but did he have the gut?

Did he?

The thought overwhelmed him for a second. He felt like If he chose to say it or not say it his life would be over in the blink of an eye. A smile spread across his face just to hide the confusion and tire that he had felt brewing on his face. He knew he was a little younger than her... probably by a few years... he just liked the way her long non-wavy hair blew in the slight breeze. Which Dust realised was the first one he had felt in this new forest, except for the ones he had made when he was flapping up to that key that was up high in the trees. Which he now held around his neck.

He wanted to travel far and wide with someone... he just didn't know who. He wanted to fly and gallop through adventures that he could only imagine. His cunning ability to cut edges and looping in the sky they might just make it... if she was a daredevil.

Wordcount:429
Ooc:I think that wordcount is right I am not fully sure. But Nice role-play!
Speech

Hidden Account
Orinthia
The colt's ears shot up at first, as he looked around as if the wind was whispering to him, revealing now horse. But his crimson eyes finally landed on the female's curvaceous figure as she gazed at him with him with her emerald orbs. Curiosity filled them, overflowing like a river as she felt the urge to get to know him better. Orinthia had to admit to herself that the colt was quite handsome despite his smaller frame. But who was she to judge beauty? In her eye, every stallion was incredibly handsome with individual traits that made them unique. Every mare was a stunning soul, according to her.

It was always the eyes that drew the onyx mare in. In her mind, eyes were the key to the soul, and by reading them they could already reveal untold feelings, thoughts, secrets. A soft silvery laugh erupted from her chest as the cute colt stumbled upon his words. "Well, it's a pleasure to meet you as well Dust", she spoke to him, glancing at him with kindred eyes and a happy tone. The wanderer glanced at him with laughing orbs as he gave her faint smile. Returning his gesture, she walked closer to him feeling a breeze lift up her hair.

It was a serene place, the one they were in right now. It was several degrees colder, thank goodness to the trees that kept them covered. "Tell me Dust. Are you an adventurer? What has brought you here to the Threshold", her voice was full of interest. At least she was trying to start a conversation and get something going on. Internally, Orinthia hoped that Dust wouldn't mind when she started asking the most ridiculous questions known. It was part of her never ending thirst to learn more about the world and its inhabitants.

Since no other horse from a herd had come to greet them, she wondered if he wanted to tag along with her for a while, exploring the Helovian lands. Eventually she would settle down for a herd, but the thrill of adventure had trapped in her in a state of a never ending search for wisdom.

Unregistered

Dust
Take a breath and listen

A small laugh came from the mare's chest. Her green-brown eyes shimmering with laughter and curiosity. "Well, it's a pleasure to meet you too Dust" her tone happy, and unconcerned about what might wander these forests.

Dust being a colt was scared of what might lie in the forest, especially at night. He wanted to know how big it was and strong so he could know how fast to run, or how hard to fight. The thoughts swung through his head, eyebrows lifting in thought, Dust transferred to the emotionless face he has when he is thinking. Knowing how his face lit up when he got an idea he tried to stay emotionless when the thought came upon him. She could show him around this new and unknown land that he had stumbled over metaphorically. The cold knew his thoughts would run wild all over his face, when he spoke. He could feel the excitement rush into his emotions like a the quick rush of an eagle flying beside him, hissing its echoing screech. Like the loud crash of waves on a small river bed.

"Tell me Dust, are you an adventurer?" What brought you here to the Threshold?" to Dust, her voice was as silky as velvet soft moss in the afternoon sunlight. The interest in her voice filled Dust with the yearn to answer in a way of the different, as his mother would say. He wanted to say it not as regular as a regular pegasi would. He wanted to show her how different he was. This little colt on the outside was small and weak. But on the inside he was strong and courageous. Inside he was really himself. He wasn't this soft, and quiet. Even though Dust wanted to be himself he was stuck being quite.

Answering her questions he let his lyrics flow out like a soft breeze, "Yes and no Miss Orinthia, for that I just don't know. I want to travel far and wide but, I shan't yet I still don't know where I am or what I am going to do with my now cursed and lopsided life. I - I just don't know. As for this forest, you called it the threshold?" He paused taking a long breath. This was it. The time he would tell her his horrible past. The time when he was hated throughout his Outcast family. "Well Miss Dark of midnight, I am here because I have been chosen in my family for death. They would pick someone to kill every year so the gods will not take all of their lives, for I am was rather, their sacrifice. That is why I have came here, I ran and ran non stop. Away from the horrible grey eyes of the evil that plan to kill me." He paused for a second staring into her green and ochre eyes. Continuing he broke their gaze with the flick of his brown mane. "That is why I left" The soft lyrics rang out. They were inaudible from the loud screech of a bird and the long draft of wind blowing in the ears of the two who stand in the darkening forest.

Wordcount:533
Ooc: Hey, wanna meet up in OOC sometime? My name is D
Speech

Hidden Account
Orinthia
The mare swayed slightly as she waited for him to speak. The fae could tell that Dust was thinking about something, and though his face struck her as emotionless, she knew there was something that he was thinking of. Orinthia was naturally intuitive, observing others reactions and ways they thought very well. To few, it struck them very strange when she gazed too long at them, watching their every movement. The curious fae was just trying to get a little insight on their personality though, and there is no harm meant in her prolonged stares.

The colt continued to think, and with the subtlest movement of his facial muscles, Orinthia noted that an idea had popped into his head. With a slight smile slowly growing on her face, she was willing to hear anything from the newcomer. Of course the lad started speaking, his voice soft spoken, like the hush of billowing grass. It was a calming tone that relaxed the lass even more as she intently watched him as he spoke. His words were fluid, like lyrics he was singing out.

Now, caught with pure interest, the mare pricked up her ears, catching every word in his sentence. "Ah, I see. We are both conflicted, and I see your dilemma is no knowledge on the land", blinking once, the mare opened her mouth again. "Yes, the threshold forest, where horses can get recruited for herds. The entry way for any newcomer", informing him a little more, she was about to speak once more (what a blabber mouth), when Dust hesitated. Not wanting to interrupt his train of thought, or what he was about to say, the filly-ish mare bit her tongue, hearing out what else he had to say.

Dark of Midnight. The name repeated in her mind once, and Orinthia decided she really liked the title. Dark of Midnight. It sounded regal, yet secretive, which had a tone which she really liked when he pronounced it. His tale was saddening. It actually repulsed her deeply to think, what kind of loving parents would do this to their child?... Scratch that. What kind of community would display that kind of horrific violence. Rage started building up at the bottom of her stomach, increasing like a freight train barreling at full speed. Real gods would not demand sacrifice. "How dare they!"Her once soft voice was now laced with rough vocals, as she gritted her teeth. How could they!

As Dust paused, he stared into her eyes, and the mare returned the stare, looking deep inside his crimson eyes. What secrets they held. What tragic memories. Her heart reached out to him, wanting to take him under her wing after horrific horses tried to do this to him. Dust's lips moved, but nothing was heard as rushing wind blocked her hearing, as the sky continued to darken. "Do you have anywhere to go?" Orinthia questioned, staring back at him. "Your past is terrible". A memory flashed in her mind of wolves tearing at her parents and herd mates. What a coward she was to flee. Surely Dust wouldn't want to hear a stupid sob story.

ooc: Wow...that post was crap, forgive me. ;_; of course I would love to meet you ooc! If you have a skype, I'm luna7bella7, or Orinthia. ^^

Unregistered

Dust
Take a breath and listen

"How dare they?" the once soft and gentle mares face was now strung with rage as she heard of his old life. The rage rattled through her body teeth gritted. Her eyes read. How dare they!

"Do you have anywhere to go?" she said as they stared into each others eyes. He felt like their hearts were leaping from their bodies to greet the other warmly. Her rage seemed to die down, but Dust was sure that inside it was still running fast and free like a wild fire. The thought of thinking of that question once again, stung Dust like a thousand wasps stings. He felt like he could just fall. Fall into empty space as he said these words. "I don't know," he said softly, but not in the calm and soothing voice he had, the sad one. He hung his head for a few moments sadly. "Your past is terrible"the mare spoke in sympathy.

Dust looked up and at that exact moment he could see it. In her green-brown eyes there were wolves, tearing apart something. Horses! What were they? Were they her parents? He stared more into her eyes and he saw a fleeing filly, a black one, the mane was longer and straighter than others of her kind. Dust's body filled with sadness as he noticed, that was Orinthia. Instantly Dust wanted to know more about her past, about what she wanted to become and about what he would become in this new land. "Wolves" he whispered sadly.

Wordcount: 254
Ooc: Yeah just saying you should tell him your past! :) It will be good with the rp! and... sorry it took so long to reply there is a lot going on with school!
Speech

Hidden Account
Orinthia
Her heart beat steadily within her chest, as her initial grief, rage, and other mixed emotions faded away with the breeze. Gazing coolly at Dust, curious thoughts began invading her mind again. What would he say? The lad seemed very quiet as she continued speaking, first in a fit of rage, then in a pitiful voice. Orinthia didn't realize how much she was probably hurting the boy.

"Well....", her voice pausing for the slightest moment, the onyx mare pondered to herself while letting her voice drift off. "If you have no one to go to, you could tag along with me", she offered. The company of another would lighten up her heart a lot. Someone to come and explore new places with her. The woman could help Dust recover from past tragedies, as well as get over her own fears.

Her mind momentarily drifted back to Ayaka, the only kind wolf she had met. Of course, maybe she wasn't first. Maybe there were kinder canines out there. Snapping out of her daze, she looked back at the colt. He seemed pretty...adventurous also, unless she was completely mistaken. Orinthia didn't know if she had the skills to take care of another besides herself, and she almost felt wrong for not taking Dust to a herd. She would tell him about Helovia's main herds and let him decide for himself.

Dust saw her hidden emotions though. Wolves were her internal fears, the cause of a lot of her life's conflict. "You see them, don't you?" Hardly a whisper was uttered out of her mouth as tears started pooling in her eyes. Blinking them away, a cough erupted from her chest as she hoarsely spoke. "I hope this isn't a bother. I was a young filly, happy in my home adventuring in nearby lands. I was supposed to eventually take over my herd and lead with an eventual mate, tracing the steps of my father. One day, wolves moved into the area though. Full of malice, they destroyed my family as I was out exploring. When I came back, I saw them attacking my mother. I was petrified with fear, and I ran away like a coward, hearing my herd mate's shrieks".

ooc: Sorry for the shortened post. I have to leave soon. <3

Cypress Posts: 72
Hidden Account
Filly :: Unicorn :: 12 hands :: 10 months
Cy

Dust
Take a breath and listen

Dust looked her, her eyes now full of the feeling of hurt. Did she feel that she was hurting him? Because if she was that was not the case. She spoke a short word of 'well...' and paused lost in her thinking mind. Then she started up again talking of him maybe wanting to tag along with her. But Dust didn't know. He had tons of things he wanted to do before he had died. And he wanted a mate and maybe a foal in his life. He would do this with Orinthia he just didn't know if it would accept that he had a life that he wanted to go through with too. Looking in her eyes and seeing the hurt made him suffer. He hated seeing the sadness of hut in others eyes. Especially pain. That was the worst. It felt like something was striking you from the highest mountain with a bolt of lightning, bringing you down to the ground. In fear and worry.

The mare looked like she was lost in her own past and thoughts so Dust stood there listening to the wind rustling the trees, and feel the hot sun on his back. Ah, how good it was to be here, standing in the ever warming sun. And getting to meet someone new. Someone who respects up he is and is confident in them and herself. Smiling he stared off into space without thinking, just staring.

When had snapped out of his gaze he did just in time for he had almost not heard the small whisper from the mares mouth "you see them, don't you?" her eyes started to gather tears as they became gleamy with wet. She quickly blinked them away, a cough forming and erupting her throat her voice was now hoars, as was everyones after a cough. "I hope this isn't a bother. I was a young filly, happy in my home adventuring in nearby lands. I was supposed to eventually take over my herd and lead with an eventual mate, tracing the steps of my father. One day, wolves moved into the area though. Full of malice, they destroyed my family as I was out exploring. When I came back, I saw them attacking my mother. I was petrified with fear, and I ran away like a coward, hearing my herd mate's shrieks." Dust felt sorry for her. She had lost not only a herd but her mother and father tragically. It was very hard to hear this story without crying, for her or for the ones that died that sad day. "I am so sorry" Dust murmured his eyes now to the ground in grief for the mare.

Wordcount: 450
Ooc:Sorry I am taking a long time to post all the time! :(
Speech Speech of others

Unregistered
(11-04-2013, 03:47 AM)Cypress Wrote:

Dust
Take a breath and listen

Dust looked her, her eyes now full of the feeling of hurt. Did she feel that she was hurting him? Because if she was that was not the case. She spoke a short word of 'well...' and paused lost in her thinking mind. Then she started up again talking of him maybe wanting to tag along with her. But Dust didn't know. He had tons of things he wanted to do before he had died. And he wanted a mate and maybe a foal in his life. He would do this with Orinthia he just didn't know if it would accept that he had a life that he wanted to go through with too. Looking in her eyes and seeing the hurt made him suffer. He hated seeing the sadness of hut in others eyes. Especially pain. That was the worst. It felt like something was striking you from the highest mountain with a bolt of lightning, bringing you down to the ground. In fear and worry.

The mare looked like she was lost in her own past and thoughts so Dust stood there listening to the wind rustling the trees, and feel the hot sun on his back. Ah, how good it was to be here, standing in the ever warming sun. And getting to meet someone new. Someone who respects up he is and is confident in them and herself. Smiling he stared off into space without thinking, just staring.

When had snapped out of his gaze he did just in time for he had almost not heard the small whisper from the mares mouth "you see them, don't you?" her eyes started to gather tears as they became gleamy with wet. She quickly blinked them away, a cough forming and erupting her throat her voice was now hoars, as was everyones after a cough. "I hope this isn't a bother. I was a young filly, happy in my home adventuring in nearby lands. I was supposed to eventually take over my herd and lead with an eventual mate, tracing the steps of my father. One day, wolves moved into the area though. Full of malice, they destroyed my family as I was out exploring. When I came back, I saw them attacking my mother. I was petrified with fear, and I ran away like a coward, hearing my herd mate's shrieks." Dust felt sorry for her. She had lost not only a herd but her mother and father tragically. It was very hard to hear this story without crying, for her or for the ones that died that sad day. "I am so sorry" Dust murmured his eyes now to the ground in grief for the mare.

Wordcount: 450
Ooc:Sorry I am taking a long time to post all the time! :(
Speech Speech of others

Yeah, sorry this is my sister's account and I keep on accidentally posting on it! I hate it! So... yeah. I don't know why but it is not letting my delete the posts! Only on my sisters account though. It doesn't show the delete button.