the Rift

[PRIVATE] Closer to the Edge

Azarel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Mama would be so mad when she found out what he was doing right now. He had gone home with Cypress and left her with the herd, and then walked down here. Where was here? Well, the Blue. It was a sea of blue, eagerly trying to grab one's hooves with it's gaping mouths that came in each second and each time it only swallowed sand and stones.
Azarel had gone down here to explore this land called Helovia, since his mother didn't exactly take him around the land. He had to do it all by himself. Fluffy hadn't gone with him this time though, because she was with Mama who was... Well, who knew where. She had gone down to the line of dark forest near the Threshold after they had met Spiderweb and the White on the meadow. She would probably come back soon, she always did.
The colt rose his head and gazed over the shimmering night sky, his eyes full of awe as he observed the twinkling stars and the huge Eye that stared down on him. He didn't feel intimidated by it though, opposite. He felt safe when he looked up on the Eye and he felt like he was being watched over by the Gods that Mama spoke about so often. She spoke about the Moon Goddess (Luna), the Sun God (Ra), the Earth God (Seb) and the Time God (Zaman) and sometimes the foal didn't know what to think. He had thought of names for all of them himself, but he didn't dare to say them out loud, because of what he had heard - the Gods were sacred. They had no names. So he wasn't going to make that mistake.

His Mama liked Seb best, though. He was kind and fatherly, and he had given her Fluffy. A smile decorated the golden colt's face and he looked down on his hooves, scraping his left hoof to create a line in the sand. Seb was maybe his favorite, he didn't know yet. He hadn't met any of them. Luna was the protecter of the Edge, that he knew. Ra was unknown, both his personality and his homeground. Zaman had been the protecter of the Basin - a place his Mama talked about sometimes (not often) and she didn't exactly coat it in sugar words.
Azarel looked up again and walked a few steps down the beach. It was quite stunning under the light of the Eye, and the stars reflected in the Blue. The gaping mouths had calmed down a bit now, and were only stirred movements on the surface of the Blue.
How come Mama had never told him about this place? She had told him about the Fire Heart near the desert, the dark forest, the Foothills, the Basin, the white steppe, the meadow, the supersupersuper tall hill near the Foothills, the love nest and even the "Veins of the Gods", whatever that meant. But never this place. Maybe... Maybe Mama had never been near the Blue?

But, was that possible? He gazed out over the neverending blue, taking in as much as he could of the beautiful sight. Papa must have been here though? Papa had wings, so he could easily fly to places like this. The colt stopped and suddenly came to think that his Papa hadn't been around since his birthday. Were was he??? "Papa? Papa, where are you?" He called out with his still high-pitched voice. The colt was only 3 months old and it would take a while before his voice grew deeper. His Mama had told him that.
And whatever Mama said, was the truth.

"Talk."

ooc: Lots of muse o.o also, pun title ;D
w/c: 610
tags: @[Abishia]
coding by Ina
Lyrics from Closer To The Edge - 30 Seconds To Mars
Lines by ChellytheBean @ dA
Colored by Ina

Credits

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

The only thoughts swirling around inside my little noggin were 'where is mummy' and 'is she coming back'. After the night before, with that dark male at the pond, that's all I could think about. She said she was going to see her old home, but she never said a return date and I was starting to worry. Did she really abandon me or was Vulture just playing tricks on me? Either way, it still had me on my tiny tipsy-toes. I didn't want to be alone the rest of my life. I wanted my mumma to come back and share her warmth on the cool nights. I didn't have anyone now. I hadn't seen daddy or Antie since my last birthday. I thought maybe that Antie went with mummy, since she's mum's mumma. But daddy had disappeared and I couldn't find him anywhere. Oh poor daddy, he might have saw mumma leave him and now he's probably so sad. He might even be crying.

Why did mumma have to leave us? Did she not love us anymore? Did she not want me and dadda no more? Were we not enough for her? Was I not pretty enough? I felt dizzy thinking about mamma leaving and all my questions. But I had to keep on. Keep on looking for daddy. Though, I was on the lookout for friends too! You know, you can never have enough of them. I had a good feeling about today too. Maybe I would meet someone special and then I would have a very special friend! Well, maybe two because of Lorel. Actually, I had barely seen Lorel since the night before. When I ventured to the center of the forest he just, disappeared. I guess he was scared of the dark, but I don't see why, he's a ghost after all. What did they have to fear?

I bowed my head down, my small, pink muzzle touch the ground. "Papa? Papa, where are you?" My little head jerking up with excitement. There was a colt, a very cute colt, walking towards me. He was dressed in a creamy suit with purple legs and a white flame marking along his left shoulder. I was dazed by his beautiful eyes, outlined with a clear white. He had dreamy silk mane covered in a dark violet, tipped with a love-struck red. He was so... so beautiful. It seemed I couldn't take my little dancing eyes off of him.

My eyelids fluttered for a second before I was able to get a hold of myself and bound my way up to the colt. I sized him up to myself and nodded, knowing he couldn't be much older than myself. I smiled and let my blue-rimmed eyes sparkle with delight. "Hi there! I'm Abishia! Or you can just call me Abi." I giggled and then perked my little white ears. "What's your name?" I questioned him gracefully, the excitement still stuck in my voice.

ABISHIA

Image Credits

@[Azarel]

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Unregistered

Where was Papa? Didn't he hear his calls? "Pap-" Before he could even finish the word he used for his father, the voice of another made him quirk his ears and turn his head. A little filly, chestnut with white markings that covered her shoulders and rump - and legs. And.. ears? She had white ears. The colt tilted his head and turned his body to her, observing her. Her muzzle was spotted with pink and her eyes were brown with strange blue rings around her pupils. She was quite beautiful, not like his Mama but still in that range.
She seemed happy to see him too, but that just confused him since he couldn't see how she would be happy to see him if they had never met before. The filly didn't look much younger than him either. Finally, another foal his age. He smiled as she bounced up to his side and started talking.
"Hi there! I'm Abishia! Or you can just call me Abi." Abishia. Pretty name. He smiled wider and continued to listen, quirking his ear to her. "What's your name?" She was excited and happy, he could hear it in her girly high voice as she spoke.

The golden colt looked at her with his red eye and smiled. "Nice to meet you, Abby." He didn't like Abi very much, and Abby was much prettier. "My name is Azarel, but Mama calls me Aza. You can call me Aza too, if you want to." He gazed at her, and turned his head so that his pupiless blue eye showed as well.
"Where do you live? Do you live in the Edge?" His own voice was starting to sound happier too. "Who's your mama?" The questions just rolled off the colt's tongue and he felt happy that he had found a filly to talk with. He walked down the beach, bathing in the light of the bright Eye and just was plain happy.

But still... Where was Papa? Maybe he could ask Abby? "Hey, you haven't seen my Papa? He's biig with biiiiig wings and he has the same color as this." He scraped his hoof in the sand again. "He has almost white hair with bright red tips and really red eyes. Oh, and he has flames on his rump. Not real flames, but marking flames. Like my own markings only that they're colored like fire." Azarel spoke fast with excitement and watched the filly as he spoke. Maybe she had seen him? She must have, he wasn't easy to miss.

"Talk."

ooc: god, Aza, stop talking .__.
w/c: 426
coding by Ina
Colored by Ina

Credits

Hidden Account
Wild.

I smiled brightly at the colt, flicking my short tail across my little rump. He didn't seem to excited, not like I was. Not even close. But maybe it was only because we had just met, I'm sure he'll grow into me in no time at all! And soon, we'll be best friends! I hope. He was very nice, although, he didn't say my name right. But maybe that was on purpose? Either way, they were both pretty and closely related to each other. So, I didn't really mind. "My name is Azarel, but Mama calls me Aza. You can call me Aza too, if you want to." Azarel? Very cute! But it was hard to say so I will just call him Aza like his mum.

"Where do you live? Do you live in the Edge? Who's your mama?" He started asking all these questions and I got really confused, but I did pay attention that his voice was much more happier now. "I don't live anywhere, I guess. My family never stays in one spot. But my mum isn't here. She left me in Hel-o-via alone and now I'm kinda lost." I shrugged as I gazed at the colt. Even though I was saddened by my mum's leave, the excited expression never left my sage eyes. I didn't really believe in sadness, but I also knew that it did somewhere, I just had yet to find it. But with my mum gone, I was starting to think it wouldn't be long before I was experiencing my own kind of sadness.

I played in the dirt, eying it carefully, as the colt stood there talking about his father's appearance. All I could think about was my mum, it seemed impossible to get her to leave my mind. But maybe it was because I loved her so much? I mean, I was birthed right from her tummy that day. She was my mum, and I missed her a lot. She is what I need to survive, but I knew there was other ways, I just had to find them before I did end. I didn't know what to look for though. I am helpless.

My gaze turned back to Aza and I frowned. "I haven't seen him Aza." I felt sorry for the poor colt, knowing he really wanted his daddy. But I really wanted my family back.

ABISHIA

Image Credits

@[Azarel]

lines

Unregistered

A frown spread across the colt's lips as he listened to the filly. Why didn't she know where her mama was? His mama always knew where he was - how, he didn't know. He looked at the filly and tilted his head, flicking his ears back in disapproval of her sadness. She didn't know where his father was either, but that didn't matter right now. She mattered more at the moment. "Hey... Don't be sad. Ya' know, you can always come with me. My mama is supernice, I promise." Azarel smiled shyly at the filly and reached out to nudge her cheek. "Can.. Can we become friends, Abi?" He smiled a little wider and tilted his head the other way.
"Come, let's play and forget about mamas and papas for a while." He said, the tune of his voice was happier and more cheerful. Hopefully he had just found a friend, a filly friend too. Like a sister or something, even though the golden horned colt didn't exactly know what a sister was for now.
He steered out into the calmed sea of Blue, dancing and playing by the waterline. His dark hooves splashed in the Blue and the colt turned his head to Abishia. "Come!" He called, laughing happily. No worries, no sadness - only laughter and joy. Aza splashed the Blue with his dangly, muscular dark legs and just felt pure happiness.

For now, he didn't even think of his mother. He didn't think of his father. He didn't think about anyone but himself and Abi. She was cute too, but she was one of the two only fillies he had met so far in his short life. Her white-marked chestnut bodice was slim and shaped like a delicate rose, and her eyes were just beautiful just like his mama's. He stopped and looked at the filly, just really looked at her. After a while, he finally parted his golden lips and spoke.
"Abi, ya know... You're cute." His words were fading at the end and he looked down into the water, seeing small fishes swim around his legs. The colt's cheeks were a little redder than before, but hopefully it wouldn't show in the light from the Eye.
He really thought she was cute. And he hoped that their friendship would develop even more in the future.

"Talk."

ooc: Short, but still good :D
w/c: 390
coding by Ina
Colored by Ina

Credits

Hidden Account
Wild.

I wondered if the colt would understand, how it felt to be lonely, to have no one to share their warmth with at the midnight. To have no one to look up to for advise and have to learn how to survive all alone. Because it was hard. I could only dream about me and my mummy, how we shared one another’s warmth when the moon was at mid-sky in the darkness of the night. But I had managed somehow. Though, I didn’t know how long it would last because I was becoming real hungry and I didn’t like the nasty grass.

"Hey... Don't be sad. Ya' know, you can always come with me. My mama is super nice, I promise." I smiled widely and blushed when he touched my chestnut cheek. “Yes, we can be – best friends!” I giggled and jumped up against him in excitement. We could be best friend forever and forever! And we would never have to be alone again! When he said come and play, I didn’t even take a second before prancing toward the blue waters. I resisted at the edge of the water, eying it carefully before I stuck my little hoof in the water and jumped back. I wondered if it was safe, but Aza went in there so I did too. I was confused at the liquid at first but it only took a moment before I was leaping and bounding, the water splashing everywhere. ”Come!” I looked up from the small fish floating around my little legs to Azarel, smiling and then bouncing through the waters to catch up with him. Not even a thought of her mum or daddy came to my mind.

I chuckled and let my pinkish lips slip open. “This is fun!” I giggled and stopped, almost running into my friend. I could only hope that one day, we would be best, best, BEST friends and we could explore the world together. I was sure that I didn’t want to explore it alone, because that would be no fun at all. Mum said that if you do it with someone, that means love, but I don’t think I was ready for love yet, just friends. Anyways, I think I was just a little too young for love. "Abi, ya know... You're cute." My short white ears perked forward and then laid up against my head, my cheeks turning a bright pink. I turned my head to the side a light before replying with a stutter. “T- thank you. You’re cute too.” I giggled and then turned my muzzle back to his, them slightly touching each other. I wasn’t sure if “cute” was the right way to describe a colt, but it was enough for now.

"Abi Talk!"

@[Azarel]

lines