the Rift

[OPEN] With A Stranger In The Night

Solace Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Equine :: 16h :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Solace trekked toward the Foothills with a careful step. Throughout his journey with the mare he had remained relatively silent, contemplating what he would say when arriving in the Foothills. He found no reason as to why they wouldn’t permit Cantante to remain within their lands while trying to decide her path. Even if she was refused stay, Solace would find a short distance from the Foothills so he could remain close to home and his duties there, but ensure Cantante was recovering well.

As he reached the border of the Foothills, he questioned whether or not it would be permissible for him to bring an outcast within their lands. If she was with him, he saw no reason to why the mare couldn’t come with him. It felt unlike his home to reject someone who was unsure of where they were destined to go. In fact, it would strike Solace as rather heartless.Familiar scents of the Foothills filled his nostrils as he crossed over the border. He pushed onward deeper into his homeland, hoping someone would be moving about. Solace wasn’t sure how long Cantante could last before she collapsed completely from exhaustion. He needed to get her somewhere safely to rest.

When he felt he was deep enough within the Foothills he swiveled his ears in various directions and took in deep breaths hoping to hear or scent one his herd mates, preferably one of the ranked members. “It’s Solace, and I come with an outcast needing a place to rest.” He called out into the coming darkness.

OOC//
@[Cantante]

Cantante first please, and then preferably someone that can either grant or deny Solace's request.

Cantante Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Darkness falls completely as the oddly matched pair make their way out of the redwood forest. The mare seems to stumble more in the darkness but no doubt finds the cooler night air a relief. Their journey is a silent one, both are lost in thoughts of their own. Thankfully it is also a short one, though perhaps not as short as it might have been were they both in the best of health. The stallion leads on deeper into the forested hills pushing through the spruce, birch and oak trees. His charge follows for there is little else she can do now. Her wings are pinned tightly to her side but that is the only thing to suggest that she might be a little uncomfortable in these close surroundings. He leads and she follows until he chooses to stop and make their arrival known to his herd mates.

Were I less exhausted I would be nervous right now. It has been a long time since I’ve approached a herd and longer still since I’ve lived among one. Kabear was not herd or flock minded. He’d thought more along the lines of a predatory bird and wanted no companion but me, a situation I was more than happy. The last time I did approach a herd, I was attacked. I survived with minimal injury and it turned out to be a misunderstanding but the experience made me more than normally wary of large groups. Tonight I am simply too worn out to care, barely able to stand and beginning to have difficulties thinking through the haze in my brain.

I have chosen to trust Solace and so I must trust my own judgement and by extension his. He knows what he is doing and has promised to help me regardless of the conclusion to this interview. Either way I think I will be better off than I was a few hours ago.

The mare holds herself apart, a few paces back from the stallion. She is clearly fighting to remain standing on her own but she manages and even forces her head up a little so that she does not look quite so beaten.

And now they wait...

@[IRRYDAE]