the Rift

[OPEN] Save Me [Open Crafting]

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

we are like birds of a feather
we are two hearts joined together
we will be forever as one
my brother under the sun </style>

Since the invasion just before the final rise of the sun, my border patrols had more than doubled. Though I was more confident in myself and the abilities of my warriors since the Lord of Fire had returned his light to us, I was still plagued with fear when night took over the lands at the end of the day. The threat of the Basin had always been there, I knew, yet I hadn't expected them to launch an attack on both the World's Edge and the Dragon's Throat when they had. What a fool I was.

Currently, Suli and I were busying ourselves with the task of remarking our borders. With every redwood and Douglas fir that caught my eye, I would scratch and rub against it, striking out at any downed logs to mark them with my hooves as I moved along. Suli, on the other hand, was content to stay amongst the lowest hanging limbs, reaching out with her clawed wings, and dragging herself along the branches. The sigh was comical in itself, but what I found more interesting was the sudden change in her whenever some unfortunate creature decided to scurry out from the brush. They would always catch the sharp violet eyes of the dragoness, and without fail, she would leap from her position and take off after them, either snatching the smallest of lemmings within her talons and crushing them, or carrying squirrels off to devour them just a short distance away. While I did feel somewhat bad for them, it was intriguing to watch the little green act on her instinct. I oftentimes forgot just how very different the two of us really were.

Just as I closed in on yet another fir, a call rang out, proposing that items were free to be crafted on this day. As embarrassing as it was for me to admit, I couldn't place a name nor a face to the voice until Suli lifted her head from her meal and rolled her eyes at me. "Spots, craft," her simple words rolled into my mind, and within seconds, I was able to remember; it was Kahlua, our newly appointed Glazier. "Come, Suli," I spoke up, "Let us go meet her. And fetch your skins, for I have an idea." With that, I started in the direction her voice had come from while Suli took to the skies without complaint, but not without her half-eaten squirrel carcass in tow.

Entering the clearing where Kahlua stood, I dipped my head in greeting to her, but when I lifted my bister gaze to her own cerulean, I was admittedly startled. This was not the face I had been expecting to see, for she had sounded proud, happy in her call just minutes ago, but looking into her eyes, I could see they were riddled in pain. Even I, a seasoned warrior who often shoved his own emotions aside, could see that. Had this not been our first proper meeting of one another, I might have immediately questioned her about it, but I would have to do so another time, and not in front of the rest of the herd.

"Kahlua; I don't believe I've ever had the pleasure before. Congratulations on your promotion to Glazier; I am Destrier." Almost as if on cue, Suli joined us, coming in from above with several pelts held within her claws and a couple more held between her teeth. Flying over us, she dropped the collection upon the ground before descending to my withers. I couldn't help but chuckle softly. "And, this is Suli," I introduced the little green, before I turned my gaze back onto Kahlua. I hoped that my requests weren't too much for the new Glazier, I didn't want to come off as greedy; but this could help the Edge not only with the wall, but in times to come. "If you are able, I would like to have the mechanics of a harness constructed, and if it isn't too much to ask, I would also like to request a glass plow so that I may help forge a path for our wall to be built."

image by blu | table code by tamme

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
Save Me [Open Crafting] - by Kahlua - 10-16-2013, 08:28 PM
RE: Save Me [Open Crafting] - by Destrier - 10-18-2013, 10:48 PM
RE: Save Me [Open Crafting] - by Kahlua - 10-19-2013, 10:03 PM