the Rift

Something to say [Open/Quest]

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
"She would be appalled."

The dark accented tones pierce the air like ice, sharp and judgmental, and full of disdain. From the shadows I emerged, a moonbeam escaping the shelter of trees where I had been grazing, watching, waiting. Kali stirred upon my back, yawning curiously and stretching as she registered the wealth of emotion that had overcome me, the disgust and disappointment staunch in my mind. I had heard the conversation from a distance, but I could not make out the words, only some faint echo of familiarity in the voice. Lazily I ventured through the woods, gait steady to avoid waking the drowsy gryphon upon my back; at barely a week old, Kali was already a young mistress of disaster, and her time spent sleeping decidedly relaxing. I stayed close to the Foothills, and told myself it was for her sake, not because I enjoyed the company of those within... but in truth, having found a friend I was reluctant to risk loosing him again.

But now she is waking, the little demon who has stolen my heart, thrown into alertness by the anger that seethes off of my dark coat. I listened from the woods, from the shadows, listened and grew ever angrier - not for myself, but for Mirage. Solstice's question was echoed in my own mind - what would she think, to see her supposed friend brought so low? The display was disgusting, a groveling pile of drivel delivered to a mere child. For what, I wondered? For power? For strength?

"I hope you are proud."

I stepped out behind Solstice, frozen wrath to her blazing indignation. Atop my nape, Kali had risen to full alertness, her long ears standing at attention atop her pale skull, blue eyes staring unflinching at Torasin, predatory and fierce. There is a bitter fire in my eyes, a pain and hatred rarely encountered and fearsome when found. Low and harsh, my voice continues to spill out into the air, quiet venom edged with a threat. Torasin. How dare you. "Proud to be a turncoat. Proud of what you would do for power, for the lows you would stoop to. Tell me, Torasin, are you proud to be the preacher of a petty, vengeful god, one who burned your dearest friend and her kin?" Oh yes, his beloved sun had hurt us. How did he feel now?

I stalk towards him, passing the painted mare, passing the foal. There is something feral that has overcome my normal calm, a deep set pain on Mirage's behalf. She told me I could trust this one, told me I had nothing to fear from him. "You are shaming yourself, child," I murmur, voice low and sharp, for his ears alone. Above us, Kali hisses. "You are shaming yourself, and you are shaming the Qian."

I step back, crown raised body drawn to its full, imposing height. I am not done with him. "Now," I intone, voice raised enough to include the others, calmed and hinted with threat, "Why don't you take this opportunity to explain to us the reason for your driveling?" Kali has slid down to the crescent of my rump, but still she watches, long tail beating the air. My eyes speak volumes, a warning and a chance for some form of rescue offered in their depths. You get one chance, darling. Better fucking use it.

Messages In This Thread
Something to say [Open/Quest] - by Torasin - 08-07-2012, 02:14 PM
RE: Something to say [Open/Quest] - by Torasin - 08-12-2012, 03:13 AM
RE: Something to say [Open/Quest] - by Query - 08-14-2012, 04:58 PM
RE: Something to say [Open/Quest] - by Torasin - 08-16-2012, 04:59 PM
RE: Something to say [Open/Quest] - by Query - 08-17-2012, 10:34 PM
RE: Something to say [Open/Quest] - by Solstice - 08-17-2012, 11:32 PM
RE: Something to say [Open/Quest] - by Rishima - 08-18-2012, 01:21 AM
RE: Something to say [Open/Quest] - by Torasin - 08-18-2012, 06:23 AM
RE: Something to say [Open/Quest] - by Query - 08-18-2012, 01:56 PM
RE: Something to say [Open/Quest] - by Solstice - 08-20-2012, 02:02 AM
RE: Something to say [Open/Quest] - by Rishima - 08-23-2012, 02:16 PM