the Rift

[OPEN] Invade This [Wall Crafting / Crafters]

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
One week. How had she been at this so long? There were very few things that held her attention so long, so whatever was driving her now was a mystery even to the mare. But perhaps she was just growing up a little bit, growing into her responsibilities as a mare and losing some of her childish qualities. Maybe it was something to do with the presence of the dragon queen. Maybe it was something else entirely. Whatever it was, the mare honestly hoped it did not last. She loved her work, but she did not want to become a work-a-holic. She wanted to be as young and free and tirelessly happy like she always was.

“Destrier, Suli,” she smiled at their entrance, glad to see them. He seemed to have figured out a way to loop the skins of Suli's kills (which didn't disgust the mare as much as she would have anticipated) through the rings and buckles she had made him. Somehow, against all odds, the things she had thrown together for him had worked. Clearly he was more clever than she was. The weary girl did not manage many more words for them, her concentration on building the glass monstrosity too great, but she couldn't be happier to see the pair here and working. She fed off the energy of others. The more there were, the more she could feed off the energy in the air. It was not magic; the girl just found strength in others.

Please call me Xanthos, another one added, and Kahlua looked to him with a nod. On a normal day, she would have repeated his name in her head and tried her best to remember it. Today, she managed only a meager “Hello, I'm Kahlua” before she generally ignored him. He seemed to be doing work, and she longed to say hello and treat him further to a pleasant conversation, but she could not bring herself to it. Alongside him, his companion worked in the heat. How it had seemed to get hotter each day, the mare could not understand, it was like the Sun God was working against them. But she worked for her Moon Goddess now. In a moment of though, she lowered her nose and touched the plum colored amulet that hung around her neck.

The last one, the bay tobiano, she had noticed come up to her. So engrossed in her work, she was hardly noticing anything that did not stand directly in her face or speak aloud to her. But then he spoke to her. It wasn't much, just a chortle of his throat, but she did not wait for more. The mists wavered, then stopped their work altogether. The mare's eyes grew wide, her muscles stiffened, and even in her weariness she found energy to shout as she turned. “FUHRER!” Her eyes were misty as she turned and her face was as wide and bright as the morning sun, but even as she turned her face began to fall. It wasn't right. Nothing was right. This man wore large patches.... the small spots of her twin weren't there where they should have been. Her face turned to a frown. It had only been a moment, but the hurt had almost been as bad as Antheia's jump from the mountainside.

“Oh, forgive me, Dragomir” she said then blandly. She didn't mean anything by the odd tone in her voice, it was only because she had been expecting something different. “I thought you were someone else.” As he continued on about wanting to help and then stuttering about clearing brush or anything else, she tried to smile but the motion was forced. Perhaps she could come to like the boy in time, there was certainly nothing unpleasant about him, but the hurt he had unwittingly caused was too much for her right now. She was too tired for all of the emotions that kept threatening to pile up inside of her and overflow. She wanted to bury them. Work was the only way she knew how. “Of course, clear the brush,” she said with a nod. Then because she was expected to and because Mirage was near, she added, “I'm rather new to all of this myself, but if you want I can try to teach you what I know when this is all over.” She hoped he would pass, but perhaps he would look at her fallen face only as one of weariness and not understand that the feeling was one of hurt. She hardly understood it herself.

All the days were the same, the sun rose and fell, the mists were drawn to the wall. Finally they were halfway. Kahlua left a space wide enough for two horses to walk abreast through an opening and then began again on the other side. Perhaps some day she would build a gate, somehow, to close the central portion of their wall and safety net. For now, all she could think of was wall. The object permeated her every thought and being. She was the wall. Two weeks. But they were past halfway now, and that gave the mare hope. Everyone worked on, and so would she.

OOC| End day 14 and past halfway, obviously backtracking for conversations and such. Thanks for everyone who has joined and helped out!
.KAHLUA

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Invade This [Wall Crafting / Crafters] - by Kahlua - 10-24-2013, 11:45 PM