the Rift

Trick or Treat: Character #2, Daphnee

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

DAPHNEE THE DOG
The moon is full and large in the sky as you leave Harald the Harpy, some diseased and some sporting prizes. You follow a trail of tiny lanterns which hold floating, orange flame in the bodies of carved, little pumpkins. The faces of these lanterns seem to shift and change, turning as their lit eyes capture your motion and track it in a most interestingly disturbing way. Once out of the corn field, you start to crest a hill.

All the grasses beneath your hooves are black, lush and odd. It has not been charred or burned, but simply has this devilish color. Poisonous? Most likely. But still, you follow the lanterns up the hill. Large stones with worn off names in a language you do not understand lay broken and tilted on the path, and the ground just in front of these is softer.

Your hoof breaks through the surface into the grave below where you see bones protruding. Yikes. At the top of the hill, which you quickly navigate without much incident, stands a dog that looks more dead than alive. Her eyes are glazed over in a whitish blue and her coat is falling off on one side, revealing the decaying muscle beneath.

"Greetings, my name is Daphnee," the dog growled, glaring at the followers. "I see you have already met Harald. Well, do not expect me to be so nice! Come up if you dare to see what I might give you..." the howled, eyes glittering with malice.

Please read over the rules here: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=10358

Korra Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Korra
thrilling to think, poor child of sin - it was the dead who groaned within
What was she even doing here? Korra did not usually employ herself with silly games, especially not if they involved being around others. And yet here she was, ascending that hill and joining a group of oddly-looking strangers. Brown globes drifted from the skies, the moon illuminating the surroundings in an eerie glow, down to the small lanterns that lined the path before her. The garron stepped cautiously, keeping a skeptic distance to the pumpkins as they seemed to be looking at her. She was not scared per se, but Korra did not appreciate things that diverted from the usual. The world was easier to deal with if nothing changed too drastically, she had always thought. The black grass beneath her hooves was a nice touch, though - she could appreciate the way it seemed to absorb the light, making everything around them even darker and the sparse light even brighter.

Oh, and did I mention the fancy ensemble that this little warrioress was sporting? Small bells jingled whenever she moved, attached to the red harness that was strapped around her thick chest. On her rump lay a small, red blanket hemmed with white fur, and her usually unruly mane had been braided into neat little rosebud-braids. Her nose was painted a bright red and her antlers shone bright and clean under the moonlight. The constant chiming of bells had been driving her nuts at first, but by now, she thought she might have gone deaf to their sound, for it did not get to her anymore - she simply filtered away the noise.

The reindeer nearly bashed her head in, stumbling as the ground under her solid little hoof gave way, exposing white bones in disarray just below the dirt that she had assumed stable seconds earlier. A harsh snort escaped her, shaking her head she caused the bells to jingle furiously. But her frustration with this embarrassing outing was soon pushed aside when a hound suddenly appeared before the flock. Rudolph watched the other with one eyebrow cocked, unfazed by the sloughing, rotten meat and overall ungainly appearance of the creature. Tiny lobes perked at the words that were offered, and she smirked to herself before clearing her throat and speaking in her raw voice. "I fear no living thing, and I never let down a good old dare," she uttered, voice little more than a whisper yet able to cut through the air like a knife. The reindeer stepped forward, flexing her muscles as she braced herself for whatever may come.

OOC:: Korra is Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer (how original, I know)

Kelec Posts: 18
Aurora Basin Crafter
Stallion :: Other :: 18 hh :: 24 Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

"A... aaa.. atchooo!"

The sound of the sneeze echoed through the forest, half sad and half comical in its vicious intensity. One almost had to feel sorry for the tall creature that raised the visor of the black helmet as he walked, grimacing with disgust as he wiped the face clean of unmentionable fluids. He sniffled miserably, muttering curses under breath as he hurried forward, eager to get as far away from the revolting bird as he could; sneezes followed in his wake, speaking clearly of his lack of good fortune. Maybe things would be different this time. Even as he padded across inky black grass, sick and defiled despite its lushness, he could see the shape of a mongrel up ahead.

Perhaps it wasn't that strange that the red-haired half-man hesitated to step forward. He had an inkling that the vicious sneezing was a result of challenging the vulture, and judging by the evil look in the dogs eyes this rotting corpse of a creature would be no less merciful. Still, had he come this far by backing away from challenges? Kelec thought not.

"You better have more to offer than that stinking pile of fe.. eh..eatchoooo!" The gruffness of the voice was cut short as another sneeze jarred the head of the man, beads and amulets rattling as the hair flung around the ink-painted shoulders. Humiliation was clearly visible on his face as the centaur straightened the back, and with a sulky expression he kept his mouth shut and stepped closer to the foul beast. He would never back away after that. Not in a thousand years.

edit: Kelec is still wearing the Evil Knight armor.

Taras Kalapun @ Flikr
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
OPHELIA
A lifeless face that you'll soon forget

Ophelia suddenly found herself in darkness along a thin trail. The prints of those before here were still fresh, so she ran. How did it get so dark? Where was she? The deep forest had become incredibly sinister past the mist, but was that all that was going on here? Nevermind. At the very least this was something unique to occupy her mind from its darker places, and she welcomed the distraction. The pale mare trotted forward and then suddenly found herself wearing items that she did not remember putting on before.

Her hooves were painted bright red and a big, red "+" plus sign was stamped onto her backside. White lace bands wrapped around the upper parts of her legs, and a strange nurse's hate sat between her ears, held on by being wrapped around her horn. What in the world? Tinek seemed just as confused but more amused. He wore a long, white coat that clung to him awkwardly because of the spines along his back. Around his neck was a weird, metal instrument that looked like it would go in the ears. Ophelia tried not to upset her mind too much by thinking about it too hard. Something about this place was messing with all of her truths.

A creepy bird was perched on a tree, but she ran past him, following the trail of prints and glowing orbs. Did they turn? She stumbled up the hill, gasping as one of her cloven hooves penetrated the earth. Her heart hammered in her chest as she recoiled from the grave, a skull seemingly looking into her soul. Ophelia tilted her ears back and quickly ran on long, tangled legs to where two others stood on the hill, and she moved close, eager to not be alone anymore. Tinek was a little insulted by that thought, so he whacked her on the back of the head with the circular end of his weird neck-instrument. She grumbled.

Harald? Was that that she creepy bird a ways back? Most likely. A dare? Oh goodness. Should she? Well, she could not be the only one to stumble upon this place and not be brave enough to try. Ophelia took a few steps forward, eying the half-dead hound with a mixture of revulsion and concern. "Aahh.... trick or treat?" she said. "I will accept your terms." And with that said, she sealed her fate.

[[Ophelia is the sexy nurse and Tinek is the doctor lol]]

Image by Twistyh-stock @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod

TORLEIK
Death follows into your watery grave

Torleik walked a little taller, quite pleased with his costume. Blue war paint colored his face, neck and mane, and a helm sat atop his head with holes in it for his horns. Strapped to his left shoulder was a shield painted blue and white, circular in shape, and on his right, slung about his girth was a belt that held a formidable ax. All in all, the black rabicano, dual-horned unicorn looked very much the part of his Viking costume for this dark but festive holiday.

He was somewhat late to the party, per se, as he was still recovering from his time battling a certain other stallion; but, he had made it, and looked around curiously. The Viking seemed to be in some sort of...field. Was this...corn? He sniffed at the stalks but frowned. They smelled spoiled somehow. Pushing through, Torleik came out upon lit lanterns with floating flame that he gazed at with an unshakable curiosity. Dark magic was not new to him so he was rather less spooked by all of this than some others might be. However, the way the eyes on the lanterns followed him did unnerve the warrior. That was...unnatural.

They seemed to line a path, a path that he followed, and he felt some relief upon cresting a hill. The high ground. That was good. Said high ground was admittedly strange. The grass was blackened as if with fire, though lush and soft beneath his hooves. "Strange, this sorcery..." he murmured, continuing on. Torleik's motion was thrown off for a moment when his weight crushed through a barrow and he grunted, pulling his offending hoof back out. Bones protruded from the ground and he wondered whose ancestor he had just disturbed. In the back of his mind, he hoped no wights roamed these hills - or worse, draugrs. He had no desire to see the walking undead.

As he thought that, Torleik's sight informed him that his desires were not to be catered to this night. A half-rotted canine thing stood before him - and two others, thus far, it seemed. One was a regular being, rather like him but the other...what in the nine hells was the other?! Torleik was equally disturbed by this draugr dog as by the strange horse...beast...thing that was with them. Just then, Ophelia came crashing up the hill, nares wide as her eyes and he felt a strong desire to protect her. Was that the costume speaking - or him? He was not sure. Speaking of costumes...the large red "+" stamped on her behind drew his gaze to linger... Blinking and feeling slightly guilty for staring, he averted his gaze. "Ophelia," he greeted, trying to make his voice sound calm despite not feeling that overmuch himself. His attention was demanded by the canine as she spoke and he tore his gaze away from the thing that was a horse but not a horse. The draugr dog dared them to come closer and Torleik grunted. He did not like dares. They were often foolishly handed out in an attempt to harm the one being dared...yet the dared would look cowardly if refusing said dare.

Stepping forward and coming as close as he felt the situation warranted - close enough to catch the stomach-rolling scent of rotting flesh - the Viking stood firm. "Your dare has been met, draugr," Torleik rumbled. "What witchcraft have you?"

[[Viking Torleik is a Viking! :D]]
Afrolovertje & ximpossible @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Elita Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Elita
Silver and gold winds spread farther apart as the Arabian mare flew across the creepy and mysterious lands. A halo was placed above her ears and silky white velvet ribbons were wrapped around her legs. A sparkly white boa was hugging her neck and seemed to be replacing the chain necklace that she usually wore. She seemed to me mimicking an Angel. Confusion was shown on the mare’s face, for she had no idea how she had gotten here or what this place even was. These strange orange glowing things spotted the ground and jagged rock formations were sticking up from the ground. What were these things? Were they dangerous? Had she died and gone to Hell? It seemed as if she had. Well… Elita needed to get a closer view. Adjusting her wings and body, she slowly began to descend from the ink black sky.

Down and down she went until her golden hooves gently tapped the black grass. White eyes shifted as she stood still for a moment. Thoughts rushed into her head as she stared into the illuminated face of the strange orange ball. A chill was sent up her spine and she stretched her wings back then forward. She then began to walk. The lantern things leaded her up a hill. Every strange rock she passed the mare squinted her eyes to read the name that was engraved onto it. Her gazed then shifted. She saw four other figures that had arrived before her. None of them with wings, of course. She rolled her eyes and walked forward. The Angel wanted to see what they were gathering for.

An eerie voice then caught her attention. She looked over to see a dog standing atop of the hill. Eww! The dog was not the normal kind that some would just want to run up to and cuddle, but it was decaying! Its skin was hanging right off of its body! Its bare, rotting, disgusting flesh was revealed. Was this some kind of mad dream that she was having?! Even though this mongrel spoke daring words, Elita was not ready to back down from this challenge.
“You say daring words, yet you pose no threat.”

[[Elita is dressed up as an angel :D]]

Apodis Posts: 39
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Eaglecry

Apodis

I've become much too good at being invincible, I'm an expert at play it safe, and keep it cool
But I swear this isn't who I'm meant to be, I refuse to let my life roll all over me...

The soft sound of hooves hitting a grassy tundra, pricked at the golden boy's ears. Something was going on. People were traveling in one direction, the commotion too much to be unheard. At that he gathered himself to his dark flints. Cranium reach up into the night sky. The silver circle was full, just another attribution to the atmosphere. And he sure as hell was not missing out on this.
So the Stallion set off upon a journey, a fluttering feeling filled his veins and a nervous smile covered his coffee stained lips.

Tree's soon loomed up out the ground as he got closer, now fully engulfed within there reaching arms, caressing the stallion as he moved with a steady pace. It was dark, an eerie mist laid low over the ground. His pace soon slowed to just a walking speed, cranium held low as it just seemed to grow darker with each step. Yuck! he thought as the feel of a sticky web caught him in the dark, squirming only seemed to make it worse. He wriggled this way and that, attempting to pull himself free, only feeling worse. A tight fabric covered his whole torso, making the stallion a vibrant shade of orange. The suit covered him from head to hove, not even a hole for his eyes, but it seemed he could just as easily peer out through the thin material.

Muscles twitched upon the new feeling covering his pelt, his walk was uneven as the suit pulled tight in all the wrong places, chaffing was not comfortable and it made his step awkward. But he carried on his way, the dark soon became less and the golden; now more orange, stallion found himself in an opening, a field of corn in the middle of the forest.. A little strange, though questions he did not ask, nor for the outfit he found himself in. A small Hat situated itself between his ears, A stalk stuck out from the top, looking just that of a pumpkin's.

A pathway carved through the field, invited him to travel. So at that he did. The corn brushed up against his sides, but he did not feel there tendrils tickled his barrel, only the sound could be heard. You see a large round pumpkin seemed to have attached itself around his midsection and over his back, now much wider than normal. It was what brushed against the corn, the stallion oblivious to such the fact. The path twisted round and round, a maze like attribute, even getting into a few dead ends, the stallion just ready to give up when the field opened up once more, A dead tree sat in the opening along with some kind of bird. A shudder ran through Apodis. Birds he spat, Such horrible things. But this one seemed to be fast asleep, head tucked into its feathers, one wing was open seeming to tell him to 'go that way'. Slightly confused he followed suit, heading of in the direction.

This new path was carved with lanterns, looking just like himself. Though the gap was not really large friendly. He found himself stumbling a little as his costume seemed to get stuck on a stick holding on of the lanterns, Falling to the side when it let go of him, only to knock into another almost setting himself a light. Finally setting his footing right, finding it a little easier to maneuver now, he carried on, the path turned dark, almost charred looking, but the smell was not there. it simply looked bad. The stallion could see others whom had gathered up ahead, alerting him, knowing this was the place, this was where everyone had consumed themselves, but for what reason he still had yet to figure out.
The stones; that lined the pathway; along with the lanterns, were covered in an odd language, one the stallion could not understand at all. His hove suddenly broke through, the Earth collapsing underfoot, revealing ancient bones, almost protruding through the bottom of his hove. The stallion recoiled, almost loosing his balance with this ridiculous costume on, He snorted in derision, feeling rather embarrassed and humiliated. He was not the clumsy one at all. But he carried on up the hill nonetheless. Gathering with all the others that circled the half decaying dog. He barely knew one here, his focus purely upon the hound as it spoke. He stepped forward, daring to touch the rotting flesh. He was brave, he had that much going for him. "I daree" his voice dripped poison. and he reached out his nose towards Daphnee. "You don't fool me" he cackled, sinister and cold.

"Talk Talk Talk"

[[OOC: He is so dressed as a sexy pumpkin WHUUt xD ]]

image credits
table by whit
[Image: 525f791c057b6]64HP
[Image: 52878c6669a55]
Lines by bronzehalo

Oxy the Addict Posts: 322
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: 9 [Tallsun] HP: 73.5 | Buff: DANCE
Unnamed :: Common Boggart :: Mayhem Sevin
You walk slowly through the land, eyes glazed over as you try to figure out exactly where the hell you are. Its the drugs again. You just woke up and you were far, far away from your home. You always end up wandering aimlessly. Oh well. Having wound through a nearly endless trail through the corn stalks, you end up at some half-dead tree, a crow-looking creature flying away as if on cue as you enter. Ignoring the thing, because all you really want at this point is a way out of this place, you continue on. A floating stream of lanterns seems to light the way and you follow them with a wary eye, wondering exactly what sort of danger you're getting in to.

Upon your chest, and tied around your forelimbs and withers, is a coconut bra. Atop your head, a stream of beautiful flowers swirls down one horn, around the base of your ears and then back up the other horn. A stupid lei. Finally, a flowing grass skirt is hooked around your hips, the grasses reaching all the way down to the ground on all sides of your limbs. It seems like that time you imagined you were high, all dressed up, is actually reality. You snort your disapproval, kicking in annoyance as the grass skirt wraps itself around your limbs and pulls tight.

Finally, the lanterns lead you to a field of dead and black grass that looks even worse for you than your normal drugs. You're highly tempted to reach down and take a massive mouthful, but you hold yourself back. You're a drug addict, not suicidal. As you reach down, your hoof accidentally falls into a terribly new grave and you have to stop from laughing. After all, you can only imagine you're so high right now that none of this is even real. As you crest the hill, a half-dead and decaying dogs growls some angry words and this time you do laugh. A deep rumbling noise echoes forth from your chest. “Screw Harald,” you say obstinately, though you're not exactly sure what she's talking about. A few others have gathered around in this hallucination, it seems. You've really got to make sure you're eating the right drugs... this is just weird.

OOC| Oxy is a Hula Girl

Speirling Posts: N/A
Unregistered

This was a place where I never should have came. All signs of life were gone. But I had to stay strong and I had to remain tough! I couldn't run away in the face of danger! Momma told me I needed to laugh at it... but that was hard when you were scared.

My ears were perked and a sly smile played on my face. The creatures here were strange and maybe I could act even stranger to try and fit in. I cocked my head at a weird angle and I continued to trek through the dimly lit path. It sent chills up my spine but I had to play it off.

I continued onto where I heard the commotion of others coming from this place. They spoke and as I rounded the corner, I saw a deranged dog that looked strange in the slightest. It spoke of a challenge of accepted a dare. I couldn't back down, I couldn't show weakness! Not here, not now!

Suddenly, I was cloaked in western gear, boots, chaps, tassles, belt, and all. I dipped my dusty black cowgirl hat at the others and and whipped my inky black tail at a shifted my weight. The sheriff badge on my shoulder gleamed in the pail light and my dirty and dusty chaps billowed with the sudden breeze as I approached. "One such as myself doesn't like creatures such as you. I ain't one for such trickery and games. I accept your challenge." I whipped my tail again, and tilted my head so they could see one of my eyes.

Afterall, I never backed off anyways. A sudden urge of pride and confidence overwhelmed me.

[Speirling's dressed as a western cowboy!]

image credits

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark
Destry
...let me fly free...

I flew, my flight pattern a strange, twirling, whirling spiral of chaos. I had no idea where I would go, or where I was going. I just wandered, the wind whistling in my ears as I soared above the mountains of trees. I keep my rubies on the ground below me, looking out for anything odd. While I fly, I hum a little tune, one I heard in a dream once, sometime ago.

Go little black bird,
carry yourself far,
don't give in,
to the growing dark.

Here comes the raven,
strong and proud,
here he comes,
Run.. run.. run.

Go little black bird,
carry yourself far,
don't give in,
to the growing dark.

Such an odd dream that had been, shadows had been crawling after me, holding glimmering swords of steel. The air around me had been cold, and I had awoken to find myself sweating, panting. I still remember the dream, as clear as if it happened just now.

I see orange, dancing lights from beneath the leaves of the trees. Curious, I follow them from a bird's view, sweeping down when the lights stopped. Before me there lay a clearing, many others already gathered. They were all dressed in little costumes, just as I. I don't remember putting on the costume in the first place, but it was on me. My body was draped in silky white cloth, accented with a leather belt that wrapped around my girth. My shins were protected with silver anklets, designed after leaves. Around my skull and horn were more of the silver leaves, looping around my purple horn. My tail and mane were braided, the silver leaves woven into my hair. I walk forward, stepping into the clearing.

A strange hound stands, growling at those already gathered. She is decaying, an old corpse, stinking as much as an uncleaned hog. I wrinkle my nose, her scent nearly choking me. She speaks of a Harald, but I do not care for that name, I simply listen to what else she has to say. She says she is not as nice as this 'Harald' fellow, so I smirk, opening my mouth.

"Trick... or treat?"

[ Des is supposed to be a Greek goddess <3 ]

Table by Moonstone Designs Art by edenlore1234

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse

Vulture Posts: 44
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15'2 :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
[Image: 33lf0ao.png]

I don’t understand my behavior
This knife is my savior
My only wish is to be heard
I just don’t care anymore
One day I’ll settle the score with myself

I gaze up at the sky above. A moon is shining bright down on me, and all I wonder is how the hell I got here. Off in the distance I see orbs of light glowing along a path. Maybe it’ll lead me out of this place. So, I begin to canter toward the light, and find myself not heading back the way I came. “Goddamnit,” I murmur to myself as I look about. Festive places like this aren’t my style. No, odd places with floating orbs of light generally give lift my red flags. “I swear to god when I get the hell out of here I’ll…” I come to a stop and look about and stomp my hoof.

I have a feathered cape draped over my right shoulder, that is clasped together with a black pin that has the face of a raven. My face is covered by a black beaked mask that ends below my bottom lip. There are four bracelets around my ankles that are decorated with feathers and various charms. The bracelet upon my front left I notice has more black feathers and a single black cat charm. Then upon my front right I see more feathers and an eye peering up at me. I snort loudly to myself wondering if this is intended to be some kind of twisted irony. Upon my hind left hind bracelet are more feathers and a simple silver bell. Then finally on my right hind is a golden scarab. What precisely these symbols mean is unknown to me.

Perhaps if I follow these orbs I’ll find my way out of this place. I return to cantering down the path, and around me I hear voices. Silently I approach a group. As I walk towards them I hear the taunts of a dog. Many others respond to her, taking on her dare. I myself narrow my eyes and look at the creature head on. “Trick or treat, I take your dare.” I spit at the creature

. "blah blah blah."

OOC//
Vulture is the raven from Edgar Allan Poe’s poem, The Raven, and the charms upon his bracelets are symbols from different stories and poems by Poe.

Carnesîr Posts: 60
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 3 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
wanda
Onwards he moved, following the gathering shapes cloaked and garbed in the shadow of night, glistening gold in the harvest moon's light. Some are gnarled and withered, beasts of burden, while others are fresh-faced youths; there are none quite like Carnesîr with his luminous eyes and lithe shape, none as lithe or elvish as him.

The path withers beneath his cleft hooves, reminding him forcibly of the Reaper. It was strange how a flower maiden had been born from the death and rain, he muses; she is the life that follows the carnage of a battlefield, but the only life that follows the graveyard are fierce-eyed crows and bloody-jawed wolves. Will she follow her mother, become a mare who pursuits only the scholarly knowledge, or will she follow her father, to be a reaper and killer, a murderer, a bringer of catastrophe and champion of death?

What has caused the black beneath his hooves? Does Deimos truly walk among the yellow cornfields? And then he notices with a start its lushness, the rich gold of the lanterns drunk by it's blackness. It is not dry and brittle, as it should be, but thick and damp and rich. So it was not Deimos here, but another force at work.

Up the hill he meanders, and at last he comes to abrupt halt, for there is a beast before him, not quite a warg but almost of the size. Hideous and black, rotting flesh hanging off it's form, bone and congealed brown blood visible on it's flanks. With a start Carnesîr leaps back, lips curling and tail lashing in silent fear at this grotesque beast, a devil with the milky eyes of the blind staring at him.

All declare brave words and snarky promises, but he stays silent. Either the bitch will eat him, or not. Why go through the trouble of speaking to die?

Nao Posts: 11
Aurora Basin Phantom
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.4hh :: 2
Adoptable

NAO</style>
Treading this lightless night
I will pay karma's price
</style>

""
An uncertain filly stood before a very dark and ominous path that led to mystery. Her leonine tail twirled and twitched with anticipation, and an owl hooted off in the distance. Her coat was dusted and freckled, with black sockings, a charcoal muzzle, and two twirling horns upon her dome. She flashed a gaze at her costume questioning if she should have gone out trick or treating in this. She was sure her father wouldn't have approved of it if he told her honestly. But this is what she wanted, as she gave a long stare at the accessories. A black pirate hat stood on her head, holes in them to allow her ears and spiraling horns a place to slip in with it. A red kerchief was tied around her neck, an eye patch strapped onto her head around her left eye, a fake black beard tied to her chin.

She treaded along the recently worn down path. Her eyes widened as her gaze met with the fierce blazing orbs of lanterns. Their evil and grim faces looking down upon her with passive intimidation. The filly tipped her head upwards to look upon the path they lied out for her. Suddenly uncertainty pulsed in her body making her feel frail and she treaded back a little. I-I don't know this place... Nao stared at the full moon that raked light on her from above. Her black hat tipped back to meet with it's ominous stare.

Inhaling a breath, and raising her head high, her courage suddenly had kicked in and she began a slow pace getting closer to the end of the pathway. Her eyes met with the ground below, looking at the odd blackened grass that slipped under her feet. She halted and curiously sniffed the ominous plant below. It's foul stench didn't seem to mind her, and she focused on the scents of several individuals that had already been here before her. Scents unknown to her except one, but it was too hard to discover who's it belonged too since the other strangers mixed into it as well. She silently gave up her investigation and raised her head up onto her shoulders again. Her pace quickened as she treaded along.

As she had finally met up with the end of her endless searching. She met with a handful of equines, all different in species, even an odd one, who she had spotted before in The Basin. As she trotted through an opening gap in the group of strangers her eyes finally fell onto the canine that stood before. It's whitish eyes raking into her soul, and it's flesh revealing what lied beneath it. She felt suddenly nauseous seeing the rotting muscles beneath the dog. But bravely she treaded closer to the disturbing creature and spoke with a puzzled look "Trick or Treat....?" Her head cocking to the side and her hat tipping back again, to reveal her uncertainty of what she had just approached. The hairs on her neck rising up under her red kerchief, and her fake beard brushing her neck.

[Nao is a pirate! :D]

Credits
In rp, your character can attempt to do anything to Nao as long as it does not include missing body parts or death

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Going to the Throat right now seems like something I need to do. Dad must be worried sick, and the heat has gotten hotter than normal. Summer came in, and already the cold air from my winter birth is gone. Sadly, I miss that, but things have changed. Where I am now is different, but different resides to my path now. I'm cool with this.
Adorned with a new outfit, my champagne body is cloaked with a black cape, the ends of it sweeping to my gray hooves. A mask, long beak atop my muzzle and filled with sweet herbs, takes away all the eery to this place. There was stones, toppled over and written upon in an unknown language. My pale blue eyes take only seconds to gaze over them, not really taking much interest into their existance. Bones break the earth, taking more of my attention. While I gazed over them, curiousity heavy and sweet, others pass behind me. I recognized Oxy from the Threshold, and after a few others went by, I chased after him.
Cape becoming my shadow, my horn appearing from a hole in my mask, glowing it's usual pale blue in the night, everyone is different. Oxy's costume makes me giggle as I get up to him, amusement in my eyes. Everyone else is unknown, equally odd. We're all dressed up in costume, except for that dog.
It stands there, surrounded by all of us. We each stare with curiousity, disgust, fear, and amusement, saying a few things that are the same. I chose to go with them, speaking from beneath my mask. Sweet scents fill each breath, dancing in my body with a relaxing sway.
"Trick..... Or treat?"
The phrase is swept out of my mouth with a drunked slur. I come up beside Oxy because he is the only one I know here. Everyone else is different, and yet while I'm fine with meeting new people, this is an exception. Daddy is waiting back home, and this side stop is nothing but weird.
I guess all these herbs are getting me high.

OOC: Sikeax is a doctor from the Black Death. Mask included, and a black robe the covers her whole body except for the mask, eyes, and horn.

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

Tharos Posts: 37
Banned atk: 5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hands :: 9 years old HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Loon

You're the only North Star I would follow this far...

"I can talk the talk"
And walk the walk
But I'm always in deep thought.

Tharos trotted forwards near the back of the line. He could barely see out of the sheet that covered him from head to tail. It was kept from being swept off by the piece of clothing strapped across his chest. He didn't know what it was called but it looked like it was a sling shot for balls. Anyways, that and the lace belt that was tied around his flank meant the sheet was held firmly in place. He knew the line had moved on from the first trick or treat stop and he was late because of this costume. He hoped they would let him skip one of the stops.

The "sexy ghost" as he had so cleverly named himself, followed the trail until he came across the graveyard and eventually felt his hoof sink into the unmarked grave of some poor bastard. He did not look at the bones, but instead kept going until he stopped with the rest of the crowd and saw the zombie dog standing at the crest of the hill, challenging any and all to come up to her.

Swallowing lightly, the stallion waited his turn and then cautiously approached her. "Howdy, ma'am. I'm ready to receive whatever it is you feel like givin' me, so.. uhm... trick or treat?" He stood there, waiting, hoping that she would be merciful, but not expecting much. he didn't know why he had come here, but when he'd heard that it was happening, he had thought it sounded like fun. he hadn't known that it was Artemis's way of payback for the cave girl thing... He chortled at the memory. Still, he enjoyed this costume in spite of the fact he could barely see out of it.

drop
Tharos is dressed as a sexy ghost
Credits

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

Antie had disappeared since I had last seen her when we went to go see Lua. She had said she had "work to do". She had just left me to explore the Edge, she said that it had many beautiful places in it. But I had thought that labeled all of Helovia, not just the Edge. But the place I wandered now was not pleasing to my little green eyes. It made my heart skip a beat of fear and my body tremble at the sites. Antie had told me that I shouldn't be scared, that it was only a sight of shivering Halloween, the scariest month of the twelve. Just the thought of being born gave a slight chill down my fragile little spine. The scene was dangerous, lit with laughing jack-o-lanterns and poisonous grass to lay feet upon.

I was now two months old and had grown use to this habitat, seeing as I had to figure it out all alone now that my mum had left me. Well, I actually didn't know if she really left me, she just said that she was going to be gone for seven months time. I didn't really know if she meant it or not, but I was starting to think that she had abandoned me and daddy. Though, daddy hadn't really looked after me. I had only seen him once in my life time, and that was on my birthday. So, for a filly like me, I was doing real good at taking care of myself. But of course, I did have Antie to help me with some things. She wasn't there with me all the time though.

As I walked along, I looked to the full moon to see a squawking bird taking flight from a tree saying, "HARALD -squawk- THE HARPY!" I eyed him carefully and then look back down to earth, jumping at the ghost of Antie. "I made you something." She said, laying a little tan dress on the ground along with a bright blue necklace. "Happy Halloween, dear." I looked at the dress as I picked it up in my little teeth, throwing over my head before bending to the ground so I can reach to put my legs through the holes. It was very beautiful, especially on me. I stood still, letting Antie slip the necklace around my thin neck. "Thank you Antie! It's very pretty!" She only smiled and pointed her muzzle towards a hill.

I didn't question my Antie and moved on towards the hill. The laces of the dress tickled at my side and I could not help but give a little giggle in return. The beautiful necklace bumped up against my chest as I took every stride. I silver belt looped around tiny tummy and clipped underneath. I felt like a indian princess wearing the dazzling dress and necklace. It was like a dream come true to wear such a pleasure. And I hope when I grow up I'll look just as beautiful as I am now.

As I topped the hill I could see all the horses crowding around an old dog. A smile touched my face and I trotted to meet them. I didn't know what the fuss was all about, but I was determined to find out what it was. I finally reached them all, squeezing through what cracks between the horses I could, hoping not to turn myself into a tiny piece of thin paper. I eyed the dark creature that sat, talking to the others. "Trick or treat? Are we here to play truth or dare?" I asked simply towards the rest and the doggie.

[Abi is Pocahontas!]

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
[Image: sohtable.png]

SOHALIA

I do not look so very different from my normal self, I tell myself dubiously as I make my way up the hill to catch up with the others that have gathered. It is an odd time of year, and an odd place in which we have found ourselves, all so oddly outfitted in perhaps the oddest custom I have come across yet in this land. When I had begun planning my costume, I had felt a bit shy, a bit bashful; now, as I trot towards the group, I feel absolutely ridiculous. I did not have to do this at home, I think longingly, but then I remember that my home was destroyed, and I sigh, resigned to my unfortunate fate.

A long, flowing length of fabric lies settled on my back, hanging all the way past my knees. There is enough space between the garment and the ground that it will not get dirty, and I will not trip over it. It is of the purest white, with holes cut for my wings; the edge is lined with pure gold and inlaid with small crystals. Atop my head sits a small, delicate gold crown, from which sprouts a thin rod that supports the glowing crystalline halo meant to symbolize purity. I'm sure the expression on my face is anything but sweet and pure; I am not entirely sure why I have tagged along on this little expedition, and yet here I am. It was a good idea at the time, I'm sure, a way to bond with my herd-mates, make new friends, and learn the traditions of Helovia.

I must have been out of my mind when I agreed. Still, as I take in the wardrobe of my fellows, I am left with the satisfaction that I least I do not look quite as silly as some of them.

We approach the hill, some of us squealing as our hooves break open long-closed graves. My skin crawls; I half expect a corpse to rise from the ashes, so to speak, and steal me away to somewhere particularly nasty. I shudder, and the fabric draped over my body ripples in reply. I watch from afar as various others get their blessings and curses, and then step up for my turn. Again, I have to ask myself why I am doing this, but I bow my head respectfully all the same. "Trick or treat?" I say nervously, then add, "Though if it's all the same to you, I think I'd prefer the treat."

"talk talk talk"
@[name]

[OOC | Edit, 10/17/13, 11:10 PM CT, forgot to say that Soh is an angel. :3]

Live... I want to live on fire
Die... I want to burn out brighter
Brighter than the northern lights
Want to live to feel the daylight

Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh
IRRYDAE</style>
I'M BRINGING STARRY BACK</style>

Irrydae kept stepping on her cape, and a agitated sigh leaves her lips. Damn costume said "one size fits all" and it clearly did not! Her cape, flowing red billowed out from the chest plate marked with an 'S'. A bonus though - it even came with a wig! Irrydae shakes her head, white locks hiding under the itchy black thing. Wings folded awkwardly under the blue body suit, but it worked.

Irrydae shuffles along in the cornfield, golden eyes peering at the candles as they tracked her as she moved. Creepy. Tail flicking as she stumbles at the sudden change of turf, the black grass glints under the full moon. A shiver runs down her spine, but she continues on the path and smell of others. Certainly everything was okay, right? Right?

Face glittering with stars of the night sky, she raises her head as she nears the top, audits pricking forward at the sound of others. Her body -wants- to recoil at the sight of the dead - but alive - dog before her, but she was good at this now. Her face does not falter in it's mask as she looks at it and listens to it's words. Now, what had she managed to get herself into? Golden orbs glance at other's costumes. Damn. Ophelia looked sexy. And here Irrydae was, wearing some overly big blue and red thing with a chest plate imprinted with an S and a stupid black wig.

'Greetings, my name is Daphnee, I see you have already met Harald. Well, do not expect me to be so nice! Come up if you dare to see what I might give you...' Who was Harald? Shit.. am I late? Good job, Irrydae! It was all that worrying about this costume. The cape tugs at her shoulders and she jerks it, frustration plain as she untangles it from lone branches and still manages to step on it. 'Trick or treat...' "Smell my feet..." Irrydae chimes in quietly, a smile curling her lips up.

"blah blah blah."
[ lol irrydae is in a overly big superman costume... #thestruggleisreal ]

CREDITS
[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
I traveled north with Fina for the first time since my washing back into the land of Helovia. Having returned from that awful place, my duties kept us home to play catchup during the last few weeks. Tonight was mild, eerily silent aside from the stray cry of a crow or wolf. Tonight the moon was high and magic seemed to be churning in the blood; I could feel something—almost threatening. Ahead were lights glowing an odd color of autumn, brightly shaded in hues of the sun, yet also dimmed by an unexplainable darkness. My wings curled themselves nervously tighter into the barrel which housed them; Fina ruffled shifted and glanced up from the slumber she had been resting in.

A practical mind caused me to pause midstep on an unfamiliar trail head, I could sense a dozen, likely more horses further on. Something seemed to radiate from this creepy trail—pulling me in a almost tantalizing way. Fina croaked in alarm and tugged my mane urging me to go back. I glanced at the bouncing flames, watching as their faint light cast ghostly shadows. Wary and oddly tense, “What is this?” Fina asked in a hushed whisper, as if anyone could hear her. I huffed and shook my head silently, also not wanting to speak aloud, lest a demon that ruled this nightime forest take notice of our presence.

There had been so much strange magic lately--one would think to have seen everything possible. How convenient that this world seemed keen on proving me wrong.

Treading lightly as if the ground would sink away the moment one hoof touched its dark contours. I took a hesitant step forward. Unsurprisingly earth remained where it was and we didn't suddenly vanish into a sinkhole. Still...something was different. The further we walked the more tingly I felt.

A steady breeze drew me down the one lane path, somewhere beyond the timber, someone screamed a blood curling shriek that caused us both to freeze. Turning toward the sound halfway expecting a monster to leap from the woods. Fina shrank into my feathers, hiding.

But the cries were the least of present concerns...something....began to slide across my skin. A spotless garment of unstained white lashed itself into the width of shoulders; it draped over my feathers and was tailored into position by an unseen force. Fina gasped and flew out from under the cloth, chirping all the while in surprise. I stopped and glanced back completely awestruck.

The cloth met around my neck, fashioning into the golden center that was my plated collar. Mane drew itself back by invisible fingers and a form fitting head-dress fell across my brow. The helmet of sorts was coated in gold and bore two tiny wings that seemed nearly lifelike in appearance; for they were formed from actual feathers.

My feet clicked across black stone, as the tingling went from spine to limbs. Fina landed on my back again, digging her feet into the pristine cloth, (though no matter how hard her talons lashed, they did not leave a mark.) Legs too had been adorned, weaving leather of ebony flowed along my limbs. It fashioned itself snugly against my skin, feathers sprouted from all four hooves. Tiny lifelike wings began to beat against the ground.

Surprised, but not entirely afraid by all this. I would have been given a chance to simply accept a sudden change of attire, alas, Fina's scream robbed me of such pleasure. I regarded her with eyes the size of plates. She was no longer a bird of fire, but one of gold. Two thick threads of lace fell from her head and down the crest of her body, it flowed much freer than feathers and trailed nearly four feet behind. Looking closely at the threads I could see a shape woven into the fabric. The body of a serpent. They danced without wind, slithering like a real belly crawler.

For a moment all I could do was just stare in disbelief as she thrashed around. My mouth had fallen slack, (luckily nothing flew in.) We both came to the same conclusion, sadly, when I glanced toward the opening we had just ventured from our hearts fell a foot lower. Said path was completely close off by thick brush. How convenient. Apparently the environment could sense my hesitation, for the moment I even broached the idea of flying off— overhanging limbs which appeared dead to my eyes, moved closer together. Blocking the sky from my vision and darkening a nearly pitch black trail.

Fina squawked one final awkward time, then fell silent as she also realized that our paths of escape had been closed off. Somewhere in the trees, a hissing laugh mocked our situation. "Come," it whispered when the snickers had died off. I shivered, though the cold hadn’t bothered me. Fina leaned forward tensely.

After a steadying breath, we started down the only path that could be taken. Voices got louder and eventually we came to a gathering of individuals who seemed to be clustering around a canine of sorts. I lingered in the back, falling into a spot near the front as it came open. Fina glared protectively at the nearby horses, her feet were digging marks into my flesh. The gathering gave us some semblance of comfort. Said dog started to speak and it was then that I noticed our company wasn't part of this living world. Fear gnawed at my chest, fear of the unknown. Fear of being dragged back into the portal of existence that didn’t suit those of mortal blood.

She offered up her name and a menacing dare. I stiffened and said nothing as the voices rose up all around me, Fina hissed out of spite—daring the monster to attack. Quietly I soothed her by saying softly, “Be easy, no reason to make an enemy when it might not be necessary.” All others came to a quick conclusion that said individual wasn’t dangerous, they thrust forward with bold statement absent concern for wellbeing or trickery. I frowned but shoved the bile that had risen in my throat. Stepping forward my quaking vocals where surprisingly still and I forced words to slide free without a tremble, “Let's see then.”

OOC: Midas is dressed as the greek god Hermes, and Fina is his living staff.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd268...olour1.jpg

^Image of Hermes^ Only difference, Midas is wearing a white robe.

Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

After having dealt with the absolutely annoying yet creepy bird that apparently went by the name Harald, things were literally quite thrown in his face. Others had managed to walk away with some of the treasure the bird had stolen from somewhere but instead of being rewarded his fate was to have his face turn completely orange. Figuring himself one of the lucky ones he had managed to slink into the shadows to see for himself just how ridiculous the orange face looked. Finding by the aid of not only the marks upon his frame he used the glowing pumpkins and other festive decor as well to find some water. Looking back at him was no longer the pirate but rather the face of some sort of clown or experiment gone horribly wrong. Laughter broke from his vocals unexpectedly as he gazed down to himself, this had better go away soon or that crow thing was going to be hearing from him again. At least he wasn't the one who walked away with fungus growing over her rear, the memory brought another series of laughter to the surface.

Minutes later the stallion emerged from the darkness having left behind the pirates attire to exchange it for one better suited for his misfortunate coloured face. Might as well make the most of it, he thought aloud speaking to no one in particular only himself. Figuring he might as well continue along with the other party goers to see what the next so called host would offer he followed the trickle of costumed creatures to the graveyard. Within his mane and tail the beading and feathers remained jingling softly with each stride only with the addition of much longer elegant feather choices. To aid in the coverage if his pumpkin like face many more designs had been painted over his coat at random using many earth based bright colours to draw immediate attention from his face which was hard to miss.

Silver orbs came to focus on the dog which spoke as he like the others gathered around her. Daphnee, hmm what could this host do to them next? It was almost like an addiction to the thrill of suspense and the unknown having followed the trail here. Never knowing but not really fearing the possibilities. " I wish to play along and take my chances, what is life if not full of opportunities. Trick or Treat." His vocals portrayed no hesitation or reservation nor did his heart possess any fear of the great unknown. Things would happen how the cards fell, maybe some fortune may greet his risk taking instead of the misfortune of maladies and trickery. His orange face had been a trick but at least he was able to find humor in it.

“A sense of humor helps us to get through the dull times, cope with the difficult times, enjoy the good times and manage the scary times.” A smile managed to touch his expression as the words of wisdom touched his thoughts. This was only one of the many things he remembered from what his grandfather had told him long ago. Mere stories as a child were they back then, but one could never realize the truth words held until faced with a situation of relevance in reality. He would always cherish the time his grandfather had shared with him before he had passed away. His costume had been inspired partially by those stories he remembered so instead of being embarrassed by the orange face he stood with dignity among the others who had also dressed for the occasion. Three long colourful feathers hung down around his cheek attached precariously to a few fine strands of his mane signifying what many believed to be signify freedom, honor, wisdom and strength, each trait in which he hoped he could live up to someday.

NOTES: Ciceron is dressed as an Indian Spirit Horse click

Table and Image by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.