the Rift

[OPEN] we still bleed the same;

Osiris Posts: 88
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3hh :: 13.
Comadre :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Boom Boom!

flood, flood</style>
Cursed, he was cursed.

The laughing bloody harpy snarls and sneers, a twisted grin that would haunt the more sensitive creatures in his company surely. At first, the stallion feels nothing different aside from standing in a strange attire amidst others bedecked in Halloween's finest, when suddenly it begins. A pain unlike any the stallion had ever felt. The twisting of bones beneath the surface, the feeling of being broken, mended, rebroken. The snarling hiss and snap of flesh and bone tearing underneath a falsely serene coat.

The wolf begins to growl, his teeth clenching together as the pawed brute makes back through the maze toward the forest. The costume of a valiant knight shakes itself loose, and then they tear through. Surprisingly bloodless, as if the vessels were stitched back by this same dark magic. What is left, the unmistakable ache of the pierced flesh, the tugged and torn muscle, and the strange sensation of weight upon his back.

Uhh, Osiris... from above, the black dragon peers with curious violet eyes. Both of the amethysts staring pointedly at his back. Turning his neck to peer backward, the massive wolf leaps from shock and surprise. Webbed, flawless wings stretch outward like that of a bat. The stallion grumbles and groans. "Why me?" he asks, looking toward Comadre. Instead of offering consolation, the dragon starts to laugh with a jolly tune, his cooing voice breaking against the trunks of the trees and chattering in the leaves.

Looking down at his paws, Osiris sighs. Irritated. He was cursed, most definitely. After all, was his appearance not freakish enough without the addition of more unnatural limbs?

We can go flying together, Osiris, the dragon coos excitedly. "No," the wolf answer pointedly, stalking forward in the night.
His frown growing exponentially deeper.

Osiris  </style>
the holes of my life with your words. </style>

image credits

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
Into this world we're thrown

The return of the Sun had marked a return of joy to the heart of my beloved. While we had clung to hope despite the seemingly endless night stretching on, that hope had dwindled considerably, and more than once she had toyed with the idea of fleeing these lands. But as if hearing our plea, the Sun had risen again, and the normal churning of time had reinstalled itself.

Over the canopy of the Deep Forest her wings stretched, the wind filling them as the otherwise warm night held a pleasant chilly breeze to it. I was not upon the back of my beloved this evening, I instead chose to run beneath the trees, my senses ablaze with the multitude of scents and sounds surrounding me. It was far easier for my beloved to fly above the trees than to dance below them with me, though I knew she was experiencing my walk through the connection that melded our hearts and souls together as one.

A familiar scent tingled my nose, and I paused my stride, a canine grin curving my mouth, as my tongue rolled out over the pearly teeth. Tilting my head back, I let loose a deep, long howl, a song for the ears of one who possessed blood vaguely related to my own, one who would hear the cry and hopefully, recognise it. Somewhere above me, my beloved flew still, letting loose her own call - a friendly and enthusiastic song, which made our serenade one of wolfsong and equinesong.

The being it was meant for was part of each, so surely he would appreciate our song?

The warbling of a dragon sounded ahead, and I knew that I was near. Cirrus picked my location from our bond, and it was a strange sensation I received as she came in to land, wings folding close and the meeting of her hooves to the ground perhaps a bit rushed and haphazard given the cramped conditions. With her cerulean gaze and star speckled coat alight, she peered through the forest, pressing forward at a trot, hoping to meet the chuckling canine creature she had come across but once more once again. I took my place by her side, and together we pushed on, penetrating the darkness of the Deep with reckless optimism.

C I R R U S
RIDERS ON THE_ S T O R M

bronzehalo.deviantart.com
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Osiris Posts: 88
    Hidden Account
    Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3hh :: 13.
    Comadre :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Boom Boom!

flood, flood</style>
    The gurgling laugh of a reptile and the silent inner groaning of the wolf bound to him plays out in the night. There is a moment of summer peace which flows between the branches, the prelude to an unexpected song.

The deep, sorrowful vocals of a hound much like that of a wolf ring first. The sound ricochets off the trunks of the trees, dances between the branches of the deep forest. Next, the feminine voice of a mare from above. Without visual, without scent, without knowledge, the bonded pair immediately guess who calls to them from the walls of darkness - Cirrus and her companion Sitka. Comadre chirps excitedly, twirling about in the sky for a moment, violet eyes peering through the veil of night in the woods, seeking the outlines of the familiar forms.

Osiris huddles his new limbs closer to his sides, all the more begrudging of their sudden presence. Life has a way of bringing such surprises at the least desirable times. Perhaps, if it had been Ophelia in the night, he would have strode toward her to confide and complain. Instead, it was a mare he hardly knew, only exchanged a sentence or two with. She had been young but accepting of his odd nature, yet how to explain that in the time since their first meetiing, he had only gotten all the more strange?
    He sighs, hoping his friends, the shadows, would hide the better part of the leather appendages.

With long, graceful strides of a wolf, the hybrid begins in the direction of the sound. Keen eyes pick out the clearest pathways even in this dim light, relying at times upon the even sharper vision of his draconic companion. The electric blue on the coat of the hound catches the pair of eyes first, for Cirrus is little more than a blanket of stars - a striking one at that. Intrigued, Osiris walks closer, his golden eyes seeking out the familiar blue of her eyes. The coat she wore upon their first meeting had been reminiscent of a rainy day, but now she appeared to have flown through stardust and landed back upon the earth, stripping the night sky of its ethereal garb.

Almost owlishly, the stallion blinks - remembering that it is rude to stare.

"Good evening, Cirrus," he says, nodding to the mare, turning his attention then toward the hellhound. "Sitka."

And, of course, dropping like a sudden bomb from the sky is a loud, squalling dragon, with a glimmering smile of ivory teeth and outstretched wings. "Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrssss," the name comes out like a purr, followed by the same chattering trill of his reptilian mouth. The small creature lands like a black smudge upon Osiris's shoulder, smiling constantly outward with lively purple eyes.

Osiris  </style>
    the holes of my life with your words. </style>

image credits

Cirrus Posts: 233
    Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
    Whit
    Into this world we're thrown

It was the confidence of youth that gave us a smooth, long length of stride, an easy and comfortable gait both of us could maintain for hours if we needed to. Naturally, we did not need to keep this pace for long, for as my nostrils informed me, we came across the canine and his dragon soon enough. The colourful trills of Comadre were met with my own quiet bark of greeting, as well as the friendly laughter of my beloved. We continued to walk, and what we found, surprised the belle connected to my own soul.

I could read the surprise upon his own façade as he beheld the star-speckled hide of my little cloud, whose pelt had taken on the bright, dusty, nebulae of the heavens, so much so that she glowed in the shade of the forest. The wolf-steed walked closer, and I sat back upon my haunches to observe the interaction, the greeting of equines. Cirrus' own smile had not faltered, rather, it seemed to grow more excited, a gleam of mischief had entered her cerulean gaze. I knew what she had planned, the moment she saw those extra limbs protruding from the great canine's shoulders.

He may not want to, I murmured quietly to her, curiously watching the way his wings were folded down across his back. All I received in return from my beloved was an indignant, stubborn insistence that she would be the judge of whether Osiris wanted to join her in the skies, or not.

"Hello Osiris, and Comadre!" The enthusiasm of youth filled her tones, as she boldly stepped forward, slender limbs closing the gap that existed between them. Her nose reached out, hoping to get a better look at the wings - were they real? Would he fly with them? My beloved did not question how he got them - she was born and raised in this land, the realm of magic and mystery, she assumed that some mystic element of the world had affected him, whether permanently or not, and she accepted this with ease.

I felt the breeze stir around us, and it was not a natural breeze. A sigh passed through my lips, and I tried to give Osiris was I hoped was an apologetic glance, though no doubt he was too enraptured by my little cloud to notice it. "Have you taken to the air yet?" She asked as her nose reached out to nudge against the folded leathery stretches of skin. With a devious smirk, she encouraged the wind to stir further, hoping to create an updraft, one that would coax his wings to open without so much of a thought from him. Stepping back, she opened her own expansive wingspan, relishing in the feeling of the wind trawling through her feathers.

"Come on!" Without waiting for a reply from him, the wind became stronger, and she was lifted slightly. It would take some tricky flying to break through the canopy, but I could feel the determination in my cloud that refused to take No for an answer. Another sigh leaves my lips, as I scratch my ear with one of my hind feet, resigned to watch my foolish, youthful cloud press her emboldened spirit upon another.

C I R R U S
    RIDERS ON THE_ S T O R M

bronzehalo.deviantart.com
    as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Random Event Posts: 1,286
    Helovian Ancient
    Stallion :: Equine :: ::

A creeping shadow approaches, blacker than night and more silent than a whisper. You feel an overwhelming sense of foreboding, making the hair on the back of your neck prickle every so slightly.

With a breath, the feeling passes and the day continues.