the Rift

[OPEN] we still bleed the same;

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
Into this world we're thrown

It was the confidence of youth that gave us a smooth, long length of stride, an easy and comfortable gait both of us could maintain for hours if we needed to. Naturally, we did not need to keep this pace for long, for as my nostrils informed me, we came across the canine and his dragon soon enough. The colourful trills of Comadre were met with my own quiet bark of greeting, as well as the friendly laughter of my beloved. We continued to walk, and what we found, surprised the belle connected to my own soul.

I could read the surprise upon his own façade as he beheld the star-speckled hide of my little cloud, whose pelt had taken on the bright, dusty, nebulae of the heavens, so much so that she glowed in the shade of the forest. The wolf-steed walked closer, and I sat back upon my haunches to observe the interaction, the greeting of equines. Cirrus' own smile had not faltered, rather, it seemed to grow more excited, a gleam of mischief had entered her cerulean gaze. I knew what she had planned, the moment she saw those extra limbs protruding from the great canine's shoulders.

He may not want to, I murmured quietly to her, curiously watching the way his wings were folded down across his back. All I received in return from my beloved was an indignant, stubborn insistence that she would be the judge of whether Osiris wanted to join her in the skies, or not.

"Hello Osiris, and Comadre!" The enthusiasm of youth filled her tones, as she boldly stepped forward, slender limbs closing the gap that existed between them. Her nose reached out, hoping to get a better look at the wings - were they real? Would he fly with them? My beloved did not question how he got them - she was born and raised in this land, the realm of magic and mystery, she assumed that some mystic element of the world had affected him, whether permanently or not, and she accepted this with ease.

I felt the breeze stir around us, and it was not a natural breeze. A sigh passed through my lips, and I tried to give Osiris was I hoped was an apologetic glance, though no doubt he was too enraptured by my little cloud to notice it. "Have you taken to the air yet?" She asked as her nose reached out to nudge against the folded leathery stretches of skin. With a devious smirk, she encouraged the wind to stir further, hoping to create an updraft, one that would coax his wings to open without so much of a thought from him. Stepping back, she opened her own expansive wingspan, relishing in the feeling of the wind trawling through her feathers.

"Come on!" Without waiting for a reply from him, the wind became stronger, and she was lifted slightly. It would take some tricky flying to break through the canopy, but I could feel the determination in my cloud that refused to take No for an answer. Another sigh leaves my lips, as I scratch my ear with one of my hind feet, resigned to watch my foolish, youthful cloud press her emboldened spirit upon another.

C I R R U S
RIDERS ON THE_ S T O R M

bronzehalo.deviantart.com
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    we still bleed the same; - by Osiris - 10-17-2013, 07:47 PM
    RE: we still bleed the same; - by Cirrus - 10-18-2013, 01:02 AM
    RE: we still bleed the same; - by Osiris - 10-19-2013, 12:37 AM
    RE: we still bleed the same; - by Cirrus - 10-21-2013, 06:52 PM
    RE: we still bleed the same; - by Random Event - 10-28-2013, 09:28 PM