the Rift

[OPEN] And Death Did Reap [Death]

Chemical Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The birds sung a song of it and the crows crowed a screech of it. The place reeked of it and the trees whispered awful things... even the air was stale. 'It' was death.

This day was the day that the forest was singing with chimes of eeriness. This was was the day where the swamp would claim another life, taken by the claws and the cold grasp called death.

This day happened to be the day where the loose ends to the story would tie themselves together. Today would be day where we would find two subjects coming to a slow and painful end. These two black crow to dove converts would find that they have changed too late to escape fate.

-------

I trudged through the muck of this swamp with heavy feet. I was recharged from a good nights rest but that would do me little good in this muddy environment. It was tiring either way. My wings were good and I could fly but I didn't because right now, I was exploring and scoping out land that could be used to our benefit.

With my baby by my side, of course. As this thought crossed my mind, I looked at him and smiled a warm smile that belonged to him and him only and was given by me and me only. We had changed so much in such a little time. We had done a lot of growing up when we should had done it a long time ago. We had come to terms with ourselves that change was good if taken in the right direction.

I stepped in a slosh and my crimson eyes lurked to the spot that I had stepped in... It was warm. Suddenly, sharp objects pierced into my hoof much like teeth and were trying to pull me under. My wings instantly flung open and I reared, attempting to kick myself into the air and kick at the thing with my hind legs.

"RUN TONKA!" I neighed vigorously, my hoof finally coming free. It emerged from the water, crimson with my blood, it dripping back into the water as I flew up and out. I wasn't out of the hole and I didn't see it coming.

A sharp pain at the base of my neck made me neigh once more. I looked down at the water, the ripples slowing, only to see a large stick that had been propelled through my neck. I was in shock and I could feel the energy leaving me as my blood escaped with it. I wanted to speak but I couldn't. My wings left me and I plummeted towards the water. My body was giving out.

I hit the water hard, and lifted my head, my eyesight was slipping rapidly. I used enough energy to voice my words and I bellowed "Forever Tonka, I shall love you!" He was my best friend and my lover. He had shown me into a family that had taught me that only the best would survive and that not everyone got along. He had shown me there was love in this black world and that it was okay to trust. He had shown me there was a world out there that I could live in free of worry as long as I was ready to kick some ass to reach it. He was Tonka.

My eyes saw their last beam of daylight as they forever closed. My nostrils closed as teeth closed in on my legs and my body and pulled me under. My heart beat rapidly and then began to slow down and beat its final beats. I could have flapped my wings and flew, higher and faster. I could have dragged my ass out of there. But the thing was, I didn't want to. I had secretly longed to be at peace for a while now as I felt I had yet to serve my purpose as I didn't have one.

I never arose from that murky water and my lungs never breathed another ounce of oxygen. I didn't live again... nevermore, never again.

@[Tonka] [If you want me to edit this I will! ^^ I was thinking just a quick ending and that being done. I was thinking about bringing the foals in to see witness it then running away or at least Speirling to relay it back to Kilchii otherwise, they would think that they just disappeared.]

[[[Also, I realize that Chemical's account is on Absent Abyss and I have gained permission from Tamme to do a quick death thread. So, here it is! :D]]